Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 2,801 to 2,815 of 2815

Thread: The Kobe Paras Thread

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Kobe, at 6'7 (w/ shoes), actually has the size and athleticism to be a Draymond Green. Kid's got the outside shot, upper body strength underneath the basket, and slashing skills.

As much as I hate seeing Kobe be forced to play the 4, I don't want to dismiss his capabilities.
    Pls no, I’d rather see him play the 3. He doesn’t have the BBIQ and Passing skills of dray

He play guard sometime when he still in US so passing is not new on him, if he keep that in his arsenal, he will be one of the essential player for our national team

He should look the Terrence romeo's case, no doubt Terrence is a great player but like what coach tab said, he is only effective of he hold the ball, look at him now in SMB, he serving as 6th man only and he don't make sound like before but he contribute solidly (31 points in game 3), he
    Also know how to setup his teammates and he play defense now, tinanggal nya ung superstar attitude, Kobe should follow the Terrence romeo 2.0 because as of now he is comparable to the previous Terrence romeo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    He play guard sometime when he still in US so passing is not new on him, if he keep that in his arsenal, he will be one of the essential player for our national team

He should look the Terrence romeo's case, no doubt Terrence is a great player but like what coach tab said, he is only effective of he hold the ball, look at him now in SMB, he serving as 6th man only and he don't make sound like before but he contribute solidly (31 points in game 3), he
    Also know how to setup his teammates and he play defense now, tinanggal nya ung superstar attitude, Kobe should follow the Terrence romeo 2.0 because as of now he is comparable to the previous Terrence romeo
    I agree but I think opinions on his game are mostly based on what we've seen during his stints with the cadets (including SEABA) and only a few have actually watched full games of Kobe in cathedral and middlebrooks academy, that is why the doubt on his capability the play the 3 and more so bring the ball down. The star complex was already obvious then but Kobe wasn't lazy and he was a lot quicker. He would flash from one corner to the other corner for spot up 3s. Very much unlike with UP where you'd see him oftentimes just stand outside waiting for a kick out. Maybe the system being ran is also a problem. Quite typical in Philippine basketball for players to just wait on corners for the kick out. Something that should be changed. Anyway, going back to Kobe, he seems to have regained some quickness or maybe the competition was just slow. He seems to have tweaked his shooting form too and can now change gears a bit. Before, when goes for a drive, you know when he stops his dribble or if he's going straight to the basket. Not as predictable as before I think

a bit ot but I think paras and Rosario should train with a good skills coach together probably enhancing their ball handling,on ball defense and shooting.I think Rosario has enough skills to play small forward however I think his on ball defense will be suspect.

against low tier Asian teams I think he can be a very good small forward.with his athleticism,a more accurate 3 point shot and maturity,he'll more than a serviceable small forward.we don't see a 6'7 Filipino with that type of skillset everyday.Kobe should get this kind of attitude and work ethic for him to excel in any league.

Last edited by Alex07; 08-13-2019 at 01:12 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    a bit ot but I think paras and Rosario should train with a good skills coach together probably enhancing their ball handling,on ball defense and shooting.I think Rosario has enough skills to play small forward however I think his on ball defense will be suspect.

against low tier Asian teams I think he can be a very good small forward.with his athleticism,a more accurate 3 point shot and maturity,he'll more than a serviceable small forward.we don't see a 6'7 Filipino with that type of skillset everyday.Kobe should get this kind of attitude and work ethic for him to excel in any league.

The thing that makes Troy somewhat of a defensive liability is his lateral/side to side movements on defense.

You see him crossing his legs to move side to side, you know some coach early in Troy’s formative years was remiss and failed to recognize this defective stance to rectify it immediately.

Troy gets this upgrade and apply this consistently, improve his ball-handling somewhat into decent handles and with his athleticism and perimeter game he’ll be a monster baller, let alone a monster SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    The thing that makes Troy somewhat of a defensive liability is his lateral/side to side movements on defense.

You see him crossing his legs to move side to side, you know some coach early in Troy’s formative years was remiss and failed to recognize this defective stance to rectify it immediately.

Troy does this consistently, improve his ball-handling somewhat into decent handles and with his athleticism and perimeter game he’ll be a monster baller, let alone a monster SF.
    Coach Dickel is ahead of you, I imagine. He has been playing Troy as an sf for a decent amount of minutes

8 threes for troy in this game. How he improved himself under Dickel is great.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Coach Dickel is ahead of you, I imagine. He has been playing Troy as an sf for a decent amount of minutes
    Hope you’re right... that he can handle the opposing SF’s of the monster Euro lineups, otherwise, he plays a defensively ineffective stretch 4 and take away slots from JMF, Poy, and Aguilar. Chot’s small ball altogether again.

By the way, who’s Dickel’s 4 in that lineup? Can you refresh... have to see it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Hope you’re right... that he can handle the opposing SF’s of the monster Euro lineups, otherwise, he plays a defensively ineffective stretch 4 and take away slots from JMF, Poy, and Aguilar. Chot’s small ball altogether again.

By the way, who’s Dickel’s 4 in that lineup? Can you refresh... have to see it yet!
    I hope I’m right too.

i think he is still playing most of his minutes as power forward,not unless you want to call Trollano as a power forward.In most games it was Jones (C),Rosario (PF),Trollano (SF),Pogoy/Heruela(SG),Castro (PG).Troy is always the second tallest guy in the team (next to Jones or Taha) and although Trollano and Heruela are getting a lot of offensive and defensive rebounds, me thinks it is because of the rebounding mentality than TNT has and of course because of the player's individual efforts (heck even Castro gets a good number of rebounds sometimes) and not because they were relegated into another position.I dont see Troy,Jones and Taha playing together at the same time.Maybe a bit pero 5 minutes lang.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i think he is still playing most of his minutes as power forward,not unless you want to call Trollano as a power forward.In most games it was Jones (C),Rosario (PF),Trollano (SF),Pogoy/Heruela(SG),Castro (PG).Troy is always the second tallest guy in the team and although Trollano and Heruela are getting a lot of offensive and defensive rebounds, me thinks it is because of the rebounding mentality than TNT has and of course because of the player's individual efforts (heck even Castro gets a good amount of rebound sometimes) and not because they were relegated into another position.I dont see Troy,Jones and Taha playing together at the same time.Maybe a bit pero 5 minutes lang.
    I actually think 5 minutes is pretty decent for a finals game. For me I would use him as 3nD guy with him defending the opposing 4s and Aguilar defending the tall 3s

I actually think 5 minutes is pretty decent for a finals game. For me I would use him as 3nD guy with him defending the opposing 4s and Aguilar defending the tall 3s
    what we really want to see is for Rosario to be used as a small forward with relevant number of minutes.This way we can really exploit the other team's match up or at least be relevant against the other team's 6'7-6'8 small forward.By then maybe we can really tell that he is being used for such position in the court. My advice is for him to seek 1 on 1 skills training in the US or wherever baka ma improve pa yung dribbling and laterals with the training.

Guys like Raven Cortez and Carl Tamayo should train to be a small forward as early as now

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Looks like he's shed a few pounds which helped him regain some quickness and hops. Bulked up Kobe during his Creighton stint seemed to have done more bad than good

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141