X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
    People not happy with the poor view from the expensive seats in Melbourne:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...icism/11440348
    People??? Forget people. You got bloody Gladiator enraged, damn Aussies!

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
      greece is probably the team that can follow USA's pace most but they are far more skilled so a game between these 2 teams will probably end up 120-95 or something like that for the americans. of course european teams will not allow calathes and antetokunbo run the floor that much and greece will be stuck in set game and late possesions. and then the lack of shooting abilities will make the difference. plus giannis playstyle will earn him a lot of fouls but a lot of offensive fouls,travelling and turnovers as well. right now in preparation games our best shooter is calathes. that sums up everything about greek shooting ability
      Yes and no. Of course Greece obviously lacks shooting, having Calathes and Giannis in the same lineup and also all our guards except Sloukas are not good shooters, probably it's coach's choice because he could have called Vasileiadis, Naz Long, Dorsey or even Zisis. But it seems that this is Greece's style of play. At least we have some shooting from the bigs, Bourousis and secondly Printezis. On the other hand the defence can be very intense and this will allow us utilise Giannis on the open court. And don't underestimate Giannis, I don't think he will be turnover and foul prone, he wasn't voted MVP for no reason and till now he looks focused and motivated so I really believe that he will give his best almost, use his strengths and hide his weakness, which is shooting only, to the best he can.

Comment

• Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
        Jokic was not once used in NT on a level as in Nuggets. Guess it's not that easy doing it in a single campaign comparing to much more systemic club organization. He still needs time to click with these players and I doubt it will happen on this WC.
        On the other hand Djordjevic was running second squad for too long. Returning Bogdan, Bjelica and Jokic we saw immediate change, but they also went into counter-tempo soon. Obvious lack of result importance. In an important game I don't see us getting beaten by Italians unless something is horribly wrong with our players while Gallo and Gigi go into beast mode (they are apparently not yet ready).

Raduljica is useless
        Strange that it looks like Serbia is going with 4 centers instead of calling up a backcourt player.
        Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
        2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
        Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
          Strange that it looks like Serbia is going with 4 centers instead of calling up a backcourt player.
          Only two meaningful backcourt players not in roster were cut to early for Djordjevic to have face to call them now.

Comment

• Raduljica is useless at this level now, and anyone who follows basketball knows that. He has been taken purely on Djordjevic's vanity and inability to admit he was wrong (he hasn't done it as a player or as a coach). Any lineup which inlcudes him and Bircevic is doomed to be completely awful.

Italy in the second half demonstrated a blueprint for beating Serbia, that I have mentioned about a week ago. Don't let the ball into the paint, pressure the ball cariers and cut the offense short. Make them give it to their best perimeter player to ISO. Yes, we did play a lot with a weaker lineup but the blueprint remains the same. As long as Bogdanovic is the one to solve the games and make it happen in the clutch, all the good teams will have a chance to beat Serbia.

No Marjanovic today, made little sense, especially since they can't defend him. But we did see the ridicoulous Raduljica, Jokic, Bjelica, Bogdanovic, Jovic lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burek View Post
              The whole Nuggets offense works around Jokić dispensing the ball and everyone else moving around and cutting. Didn't see that with Serbia in the last quarter (the one I got to see), so yes, they're not utilizing Jokić the way he's used to doing and maximizing his potential. I'm not sure if Italy's defense was just that good in the last 5 minutes or the Serbian team was uninspired on offense. Probably a bit of both
              Who is going to cut? They tried it a number time with Bogdanovic and he dropped the ball at least 5 times that I count in the prep period. Dude is not an adept cutter. Micic is not either. Jovic can do it a bit, but he is the first defender back on the fastbreak so he won't cut from that position. The guy that tries it and can do it Simonovic, but how much will he play? Guduric did it a few times in Acropolis tournament. The best cutter for the role is Nedovic, who was cut before 18.

Jokic will still touch the ball a lot, but he will never play the Denver role in the NT fully.

Comment

• For me, it feels like we are shooting better than we do usually when our strongest lineups are on the court. Which makes me feel good even the second half was horrible. Anyways, like above mentioned from some forum members neither we will play with this lineups at the tournament nor it has made sense to force the ball into the paint to Raduljica. It hurts how bad this guy became. He is a C level player right now.

Comment

Only two meaningful backcourt players not in roster were cut to early for Djordjevic to have face to call them now.
                  Did they forget how to play basketball? I understand what you are saying, but he should have brought somebody back once Teo has his issues instead of hoping he would be ok.

Comment

I do see today there was definitely a reason why he did not call Nedovic though.

Comment

Jokic was not once used in NT on a level as in Nuggets. Guess it's not that easy doing it in a single campaign comparing to much more systemic club organization. He still needs time to click with these players and I doubt it will happen on this WC.
                      On the other hand Djordjevic was running second squad for too long. Returning Bogdan, Bjelica and Jokic we saw immediate change, but they also went into counter-tempo soon. Obvious lack of result importance. In an important game I don't see us getting beaten by Italians unless something is horribly wrong with our players while Gallo and Gigi go into beast mode (they are apparently not yet ready).

Raduljica is useless
                      Nuggets had the luck of drafting two guards that are both used to playing off ball and are great cutters. The entire team was built around Jokić, unlike Serbian national team. Guards in Serbia are all capable of leading the offense so the team doesn't have to rely on Jokić's playmaking.

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                      Who is going to cut? They tried it a number time with Bogdanovic and he dropped the ball at least 5 times that I count in the prep period. Dude is not an adept cutter. Micic is not either. Jovic can do it a bit, but he is the first defender back on the fastbreak so he won't cut from that position. The guy that tries it and can do it Simonovic, but how much will he play? Guduric did it a few times in Acropolis tournament. The best cutter for the role is Nedovic, who was cut before 18.

Jokic will still touch the ball a lot, but he will never play the Denver role in the NT fully.
                      Didn't say there was anyone to do it, I'm just making an observation that this big part of Jokić's arsenal is missing from the team because there's no one to facilitate to. Perhaps I didn't word it properly. I've seen him getting frustrated at the end of the game because no one was moving around so he had to attack on his own. Managed to set up Bogdan for a wide open three that he bricked and another time he turned the ball over trying to pass it out of the paint while getting triple teamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burek View Post
                        Nuggets had the luck of drafting two guards that are both used to playing off ball and are great cutters. The entire team was built around Jokić, unlike Serbian national team. Guards in Serbia are all capable of leading the offense so the team doesn't have to rely on Jokić's playmaking.
                        I really don't think the Nuggets team was built around Jokic. They drafted well and built a team of talented guards and wings that are essential to success in today's NBA. It's tough to expect the Serbian national team to play like the Nuggets, given the nuggets are one of the deepest and most talented teams in the NBA and not just Jokic with a bunch of role players.

Comment

• Team was totally build around Jokic with strong assistance of your fellow Canadian Murray. Everyone else, including young guys like Harris, Beasley, Morris, Juancho is replacable. We have to see how Porter and Vanderbilt will develop. I think Jokic's usage is essential to Denver's success. I think that Murray is a future All Star, great player and valuable in other systems as he is in Denver but saying that Denver offense and defense isn't built around Jokic is simply not true because everything has been developed around Jokic's strenghts and trying to hide his weaknesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14159 View Post
                            I really don't think the Nuggets team was built around Jokic. They drafted well and built a team of talented guards and wings that are essential to success in today's NBA. It's tough to expect the Serbian national team to play like the Nuggets, given the nuggets are one of the deepest and most talented teams in the NBA and not just Jokic with a bunch of role players.
                            They made a few trades and drafted players that perfectly fit the playstyle of Jokić - athletic cutters with range who can defend (majority of the rotations outside Murray whose defense is average and Plumlee who doesn't have range). Craig massively improved his 3PT shooting for this exact reason, he's got all the other aspects covered.

And this is majority of the team. Jamal and Monte are the only two guards who can create offense reliably, Barton (who's really a SG) can take charge, as well. Rest of the team is heavily dependant on Jokić and the other three who cover for Jokić while he rests. Millsap has some 1on1 game near the post and that's about it. Remains to be seen what will come of MPJ and Bol Bol (possibly replacing Barton and Plumlee, respectively), while the new acquisiton of Jerami Grant fits Jokić's game perfectly. He might start around mid season over Millsap at 4 if he proves to be as good a fit as I think he is. Mostly depends on how his defense will fit within the team. The only reason Murray's defense is tolerated is because of his massive offensive potential and they are grooming him to become the leading scorer for the team with Jokić being the second option.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                              I do see today there was definitely a reason why he did not call Nedovic though.
                              Nedovic underwent surgery, so even if there is goodwill, there ain’t no possibility to call him now. Actually we don’t have any usable combos, swingman or pure positioned guards left.

Comment

Nedovic underwent surgery, so even if there is goodwill, there ain’t no possibility to call him now. Actually we don’t have any usable combos, swingman or pure positioned guards left.
                                Well Dobric would've been an improvement over Raduljica, and fill the need. He has already gone through the NT camps before. Great kid, hard worker. He would relish the 12th man role...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information