Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pre-World Cup friendlies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2019 Pre-World Cup friendlies

August 22 and 24 in Melbourne:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/pickand...dium-2019/amp/

They're playing at a big stadium rather than a regular arena, so potential for a huge crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Boomers will have a good chunk of NBA players being sized up for next year. According to FOXsports AU, Ben Simmons is uncommitted as of now -- as he is making the 2020 olympics as the target.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Win/Win, US gets practice games against a solid opponent in a hostile atmosphere. Australia gets an opportunity to build their brand in their country against some of the best in the world.

I do find it funny that neither team is qualified for the World Cup yet though.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

According to Basket AU's CEO, countries such as Serbia, Lithuania, Spain, France and Argentina have all expressed interest to play the Boomers in OZ as well.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/_DwayneRussell/s...18099529895936
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    According to Basket AU's CEO, countries such as Serbia, Lithuania, Spain, France and Argentina have all expressed interest to play the Boomers in OZ as well.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/_DwayneRussell/s...18099529895936
    Canada is also apparently going to Australia a week before the tournament for some games and to become acclimated to the general time zone. Hopefully they some games against Australia and/or the USA.

So who will be going to Philippines? the tournament dark horses?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Default 2019 Pre-World Cup friendlies

Just announced, USA vs. Spain in Anaheim, California. http://www.usab.com/news-events/news...estic-exh.aspx

I didn't know Spain played away friendlies. Will they bring their refs?

Australia-USA on August 22 and 24 in Melbourne. Wonder if we'll squeeze in another game (China? Korea?) prior to the start of the tournament on the 31st. I guess we could also fit in a game between the Vegas scrimmage and Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    I didn't know Spain played away friendlies. Will they bring their refs?

Australia-USA on August 22 and 24 in Melbourne. Wonder if we'll squeeze in another game (China? Korea?) prior to the start of the tournament on the 31st. I guess we could also fit in a game between the Vegas scrimmage and Spain.
    They does sometimes, we played in Lithuania vs Spain in 2017, in 2016, in 2011

Spain? Couldn't imagine that

Well Gasols are getting old. Maybe Spain will be camping in US to properly rest them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The bet is safe. Well talk in 2 years but its ok for now. I think we know the positions of one another everything else is just speculation right now.
    Greece has several interesting prospects despite having no success in youth tournaments. Mostly guards you are right and we can't predict of course what percent is going to develop but there are quite a few legit prospects: Rogka, Moraitis, Mantzoukas, Karampelas, Nikolaidis, Kamperidis, Alex Antetokounmpo, Giorgos Kalaitzakis and maybe some more who are not top talent but with hard work can be late bloomers, I personally like for example Kourtidis of Aris, also Voulgaropoulos is extremely raw but has nice athleticism for his heght so he has potential. Also Koniaris still can develop into something very good, even Charalampoulos isn't finished yet although he definately has been hold back too much. Don't forget also that now that we have Giannis he is a great inspiration for young kids here to play bball, just like when we had the "Big Bang" with Nick Galis and the whole country got full of kids trying to be like him! So I personally am very optimistic that Greek bball is going to be strong for next decade. Turkish bball is a big mystery for me, in the beginning of the '00s Turkey maybe wasn't successful in clubs but you had a very respectable production, Hedo, Turkcan, Ibo, Erdenay, Erdogan, Memo, all great players, you had good role players too, I remember Arslan when played for greek team Panionios he was the leader of the team that finished 4th in the strong back then greek A1 league, he was really great! Then you raised Ilyasova, Asik, Erden and Kanter who never played for the NT for the known reasons. And suddenly the last years, while you had a ton of prospects, only Osman and Korkmaz have developed into very good to great players(I accept no objections here, Osman is a very tough and talented guard while Korkmaz has the killer instict that is very rare in European bball, I wan't bg fan of him a couple of years ago but now I trully am!) and then...the chaos! Even players that were very good role players 10 years ago like Arlsan, Peker, Akyol have suddenly...disappeared from the radar, also Erden who you mentioned before and compared to Papagiannis, after he left the NBA he had a big downfall and is always unmotivated... I trully hope the best to Turkish bball, you always have a ton of great prospects and it's really very sad when they can't take their talent to the next level...

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    Greece has several interesting prospects despite having no success in youth tournaments. Mostly guards you are right and we can't predict of course what percent is going to develop but there are quite a few legit prospects: Rogka, Moraitis, Mantzoukas, Karampelas, Nikolaidis, Kamperidis, Alex Antetokounmpo, Giorgos Kalaitzakis and maybe some more who are not top talent but with hard work can be late bloomers, I personally like for example Kourtidis of Aris, also Voulgaropoulos is extremely raw but has nice athleticism for his heght so he has potential. Also Koniaris still can develop into something very good, even Charalampoulos isn't finished yet although he definately has been hold back too much. Don't forget also that now that we have Giannis he is a great inspiration for young kids here to play bball, just like when we had the "Big Bang" with Nick Galis and the whole country got full of kids trying to be like him! So I personally am very optimistic that Greek bball is going to be strong for next decade. Turkish bball is a big mystery for me, in the beginning of the '00s Turkey maybe wasn't successful in clubs but you had a very respectable production, Hedo, Turkcan, Ibo, Erdenay, Erdogan, Memo, all great players, you had good role players too, I remember Arslan when played for greek team Panionios he was the leader of the team that finished 4th in the strong back then greek A1 league, he was really great! Then you raised Ilyasova, Asik, Erden and Kanter who never played for the NT for the known reasons. And suddenly the last years, while you had a ton of prospects, only Osman and Korkmaz have developed into very good to great players(I accept no objections here, Osman is a very tough and talented guard while Korkmaz has the killer instict that is very rare in European bball, I wan't bg fan of him a couple of years ago but now I trully am!) and then...the chaos! Even players that were very good role players 10 years ago like Arlsan, Peker, Akyol have suddenly...disappeared from the radar, also Erden who you mentioned before and compared to Papagiannis, after he left the NBA he had a big downfall and is always unmotivated... I trully hope the best to Turkish bball, you always have a ton of great prospects and it's really very sad when they can't take their talent to the next level...
    Well thank you for the kind words but i am sick and tired putting hope on the 95-97 generation. There are also plenty Turkish player of the mentioned generation. I could also say I have hope for Egemen Gven who was the mvp in U18, Kenan Sipahi also, Okben Ulubay who landed in Serbia FMP after not having played one year because Dogus Group hasnt let him play because he hadnt wanted to give up on money. Also our successful 99 generation with Bitim and Atar.

Some of them made a jump. Berk Ugurlu had good two years in Karsiyaka also Kartal zmizrak, Yigit Arslan.... I dont have hopes but the same thing you said about koniaris goes also for those guys.

My list of best greek prospects are:
    Moraitis
    Tsoumanis
    Karampelas
    Nikolaidis
    Rokgavopoulos
    Pao Kalaitzakis

What a game so far by Gentile, he is destroying Korkmaz all game, this is just embarrasing.

Healthy Italy, with Melli, Gallo and Datome will for sure be a diffrerent team. Della Valle biggest dud so far though. I expected more.

I think gentile not only read my yesterday’s comment but he will come to my house and beat me bad

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    Erdenay
    Harun Erdenay(68, SG), the most talented turkish basketball player of all time.

Most Balkan Thread Ever. It's like 70-80% Serbians Turks and Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    What a game so far by Gentile, he is destroying Korkmaz all game, this is just embarrasing.

Healthy Italy, with Melli, Gallo and Datome will for sure be a diffrerent team. Della Valle biggest dud so far though. I expected more.
    Hi coach what do you think abou our two "big" men Biligha and Tessitori?do you like them?do you think could be useful or not for our NT?

Guys link for Greece-Serbia please?youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Not sure if it's for every region, but FIBA's Youtube channel is streaming the game live.
    Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Link please?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYaFkbCPxBk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast