2019 Pre-World Cup friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
    Much is being made of Harrison Barnes experience because he was on ‘16 Olympic gold medal team. That’s so silly.
    He was the 12th man and barely played. Only 4th quarter garbage time. I wouldn’t rule out him even getting cut.
    I can see a scenario where Popovich brings Plumlee as the third center just for injury insurance purposes and also selects
    Joe Harris over Barnes as well.
    Ya Barnes has no place on the roster. Very docile. I'd rather have Marcus Smart out there. Plumlee will probably make the team. He does a great job covering gaps and brining energy.
    Cut Barnes and Derrick White.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14159 View Post
      Ya Barnes has no place on the roster. Very docile. I'd rather have Marcus Smart out there. Plumlee will probably make the team. He does a great job covering gaps and brining energy.
      Cut Barnes and Derrick White.
      Americans on Twitter say Plumlee being out to the point of being a meme, but I don't see it. Pop will want big bodies to throw at other teams, Lopez is too soft and Turner is not enough on his own. Between White and Barnes, both are worse versions of other players on the team, so it comes down to who might be more useful at the end of the bench. I also believe White will make the cut.
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
        Americans on Twitter say Plumlee being out to the point of being a meme, but I don't see it. Pop will want big bodies to throw at other teams, Lopez is too soft and Turner is not enough on his own. Between White and Barnes, both are worse versions of other players on the team, so it comes down to who might be more useful at the end of the bench. I also believe White will make the cut.
        If Plumlee makes it he’ll be the third stringer and revive his 2014 role. Lopez is soft offensively but he’s fine defensively.
        He and Turner will get the minutes and US could play stretches of small ball with both of them on the bench as well.
        White will probably make it now as well. Either way we are basically talking about the 11th and 12th men that really don’t matter.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• First unit of

Kemba, Mitchell, Middleton, Tatum, and Turner.

Second unit of

Smart, Harris, Brown, Kuzma and Lopez. Or if you prefer Barnes to Harris.

Should be more than enough. Although it is pretty hilarious that we have to keep downgrading this team. Now finally it should be set with no more surprises barring injury.

Comment

First unit of

Kemba, Mitchell, Middleton, Tatum, and Turner.

Second unit of

Smart, Harris, Brown, Kuzma and Lopez. Or if you prefer Barnes to Harris.

Should be more than enough. Although it is pretty hilarious that we have to keep downgrading this team. Now finally it should be set with no more surprises barring injury.
            I'm being pedantic but I think Brown at 2 and Harris at 3 makes more sense
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• The first crush test for Greek NT is coming vs Turkey, which is a real strong team. Italy has had too many injuries, Iran and Hungary were weaklings. Unfortunately, Sloukas won't play, it's possible he won't play at WC either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                The first crush test for Greek NT is coming vs Turkey, which is a real strong team. Italy has had too many injuries, Iran and Hungary were weaklings. Unfortunately, Sloukas won't play, it's possible he won't play at WC either.
                This will be the first friendly game I watch live for the WC. I hope we can make it competitive until the 4th.
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  This will be the first friendly game I watch live for the WC. I hope we can make it competitive until the 4th.
                  I predict an interesting game to watch. Opposite strengths and handicaps.

Comment

• Korkmaz is a natural born scorer. Runners from all angles and has a nice stroke from long distance.

Comment

• Greece is playing great all around game. On both ends.

Comment

Korkmaz is a natural born scorer. Runners from all angles and has a nice stroke from long distance.
                        Yeah, it would be great if he can become our Rudy for 10 years or so
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• I think this is as good as we can defend the rim with Semih, Sertaç and Ersan. I'm OK with fouling as we will have to be aggressive in defense to compensate for our lack of half court offense but we will have to use our fouls more meaningfully.
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Calathes is by far best passer in WC
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Well yeah, we never played our best line up, still problems with running back but i am sure we can outrun the greeks and we are the better scoring team. We just have to activate Osman, Wilbekin and Ilyasova...

This greek team just consists of Giannis. Lets see if it will be enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                                Calathes is by far best passer in WC
                                According to Pitino the best of all time NBA included.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information