Turkish NT 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Why is Yurtseven bypassing this year? He just moved to Gonzaga Uni this year.
    Because of NCAA transfer rules, he is forced to sit out this season. He can't play in official games, he will be eligible starting from 2019-2020 season. The only reason why he transferred to Gonzaga is having chance to be coached by Patrick Ewing. He wants to enrich his post moves and his position knowledge. He has a great opportunity and time to invest himself.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

By the way, the little Kanter, Kerem, signed for French team JL Bourgh Basket. I wonder if he was on list just like his older brother.

Comment

So good, so smooth. He is getting better every day, also showing some sections from his progressing defensive effort this season which has always been the vulnerable point of his game before. He would change the quality of our NT and boost our offense to a notch better on his own. Too bad we will never learn his possible impact on NT in reality unless Erdoğan and Gülen who had been on intimate terms with each other once upon a time decide to be bestie again after all shameful acts we have gone through.

Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Tolga Geçim is really overrated, lack of shooting ability makes him invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
            Tolga Geçim is really overrated, lack of shooting ability makes him invaluable.
            Not overrated, I mever rated him high He lacks aggresivity and athleticism. His shooting is also not top level. He should and will never be a significant part of the NT.

I was positively surpised by Erden in the first game against Spain last week, but today he again made a crappy performance in the last few minutes to lose the game.

On a side note: they should build a statue for Balbay!

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz View Post
              Not overrated, I mever rated him high He lacks aggresivity and athleticism. His shooting is also not top level. He should and will never be a significant part of the NT.

I was positively surpised by Erden in the first game against Spain last week, but today he again made a crappy performance in the last few minutes to lose the game.

On a side note: they should build a statue for Balbay!
              hey Nakz, great to see you back.

I agree, Tolga Gecim was a bright prospect, and rated highly then due to his great playmaking ability for his size, but he never made impact in senior level. So I don't think he's been overrated. Same story with plenty of others, like Guven, Arar, etc but the difference is Gecim got the playing time. He just could not get beyond mediocre. You can have one bad game, but I don't think he's gonna break out at some point in the future, either.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                hey Nakz, great to see you back.

I agree, Tolga Gecim was a bright prospect, and rated highly then due to his great playmaking ability for his size, but he never made impact in senior level. So I don't think he's been overrated. Same story with plenty of others, like Guven, Arar, etc but the difference is Gecim got the playing time. He just could not get beyond mediocre. You can have one bad game, but I don't think he's gonna break out at some point in the future, either.
                Hey Levenspiel, thanks mate!

I’m still optimistic about Ege Arar, hopefully he will break out soon. I would like to see Sehmus Hazer getting a chance at the NT. He is like a mix of Cedi Osman and Balbay

Comment

We survive the hardship of FIBA's new format and get our ticket for China. Not kind of success to boast about, however when one thinks the state of chaos currently the whole European basketball is deeply in, I think we have made a good job by ganging up together as country basketball that lead our way to WC. Thanks to all clubs and players who sacrificed their interests for the will of NT. What is worth saying is that in 10 games, 9 different players managed to be the most effective player in those particular games for our team.

Turkey - Spain: 71-67 (Erden 16 points, 14 rebounds)
                  Slovenia - Turkey: 77-86 (Korkmaz 24 points, 5 rebounds)
                  Turkey - Montenegro: 79-69 (Ilyasova 17 points, 8 rebounds)
                  Turkey - Sweden: 77-52 (Osman 20 points, 11 rebounds)
                  Turkey - Ukraine: 80-66 (Korkmaz 21 points, 4 rebounds)
                  Latvia - Turkey: 79-70 (Dixon 23 points, 3 assists)
                  Sweden - Turkey: 59-58 (Sipahi 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists)
                  Ukraine - Turkey: 60-67 (Geçim 15 points, 3 assists)
                  Turkey - Latvia: 85-73 (Mahmutoğlu 24 points, 3 assists)
                  Montenegro - Turkey: 71-66 (Balbay 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists)
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                    We survive the hardship of FIBA's new format and get our ticket for China. Not kind of success to boast about, however when one thinks the state of chaos currently the whole European basketball is deeply in, I think we have made a good job by ganging up together as country basketball that lead our way to WC. Thanks to all clubs and players who sacrificed their interests for the will of NT. What is worth saying is that in 10 games, 9 different players managed to be the most effective player in those particular games for our team.

Turkey - Spain: 71-67 (Erden 16 points, 14 rebounds)
                    Slovenia - Turkey: 77-86 (Korkmaz 24 points, 5 rebounds)
                    Turkey - Montenegro: 79-69 (Ilyasova 17 points, 8 rebounds)
                    Turkey - Sweden: 77-52 (Osman 20 points, 11 rebounds)
                    Turkey - Ukraine: 80-66 (Korkmaz 21 points, 4 rebounds)
                    Latvia - Turkey: 79-70 (Dixon 23 points, 3 assists)
                    Sweden - Turkey: 59-58 (Sipahi 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists)
                    Ukraine - Turkey: 60-67 (Geçim 15 points, 3 assists)
                    Turkey - Latvia: 85-73 (Mahmutoğlu 24 points, 3 assists)
                    Montenegro - Turkey: 71-66 (Balbay 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists)
                    when I think of our NT, I feel like maccabeo .
                    I'm rather pessimistic. Our fancy league is a mockery, imho.
                    and almost all of the prospects are going to end up useless for NT level. I've given up on Ulubay, Guven, Arar, Taskiran, Al, Ugurlu, Gecim, Sipahi, Bitim, Arna, etc etc. these are players for 3rd level NTs (16th to 24th in Eurobasket). We could not produce a single player at the top level.

We do have Korkmaz, Osman for the years to come, but that is all. Seriously, anyone else joining them will be a surprise. [Banvit kids are the most bright spot)

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      when I think of our NT, I feel like maccabeo .
                      I'm rather pessimistic. Our fancy league is a mockery, imho.
                      and almost all of the prospects are going to end up useless for NT level. I've given up on Ulubay, Guven, Arar, Taskiran, Al, Ugurlu, Gecim, Sipahi, Bitim, Arna, etc etc. these are players for 3rd level NTs (16th to 24th in Eurobasket). We could not produce a single player at the top level.

We do have Korkmaz, Osman for the years to come, but that is all. Seriously, anyone else joining them will be a surprise. [Banvit kids are the most bright spot)
                      Omercan Ilyasoglu.
                      If Berkan Durmaz show an improvement, there is a core team we can be hopeful for 2021.

Omercan Ilyasoglu (2001)
                      Furkan Korkmaz (1997)
                      Cedi Osman (1995)
                      Berkay Durmaz (1997)
                      Omer Faruk Yurtseven (1998)

I want to be hopeful with these...
                      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Omercan Ilyasoglu.
                        If Berkan Durmaz show an improvement, there is a core team we can be hopeful for 2021.

Omercan Ilyasoglu (2001)
                        Furkan Korkmaz (1997)
                        Cedi Osman (1995)
                        Berkay Durmaz (1997)
                        Omer Faruk Yurtseven (1998)

I want to be hopeful with these...
                        judging by the development of previous solid prospects, I'm not sure about anyone now, but yes, Ilyasoglu was great out of nowhere. I like Sehmuz Hazer and Mert Akay a lot too, but too early to bank on anything.

Comment

Berkay Durmaz (1997)
                          Berkan is an overrated trash

Comment

I believe we are the most underrated team right now. Especially watching 2014,we did great especially in the 4th quarters. And I would say this team is more talented then the last one. It was a team with Preldzic as the Best player in the floor. Now we will have a starting five all of which are much more talented than him. Well except for Semih Who is a good player on NT

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                              I believe we are the most underrated team right now. Especially watching 2014,we did great especially in the 4th quarters. And I would say this team is more talented then the last one. It was a team with Preldzic as the Best player in the floor. Now we will have a starting five all of which are much more talented than him. Well except for Semih Who is a good player on NT
                              I think you are right. We are really underrated because of Eurobasket 2017. The main problem is that we have only 10 Player available for the nt.

First we have to solve our pg problem. Mert Akay, Ömer Yasir Kücük and Ömer Can Ilyasoglu maybe one and hopefully more player can be translated to the nt. We cant compare them with our last generation because we werent ready. They were our first try.

Our best PF will be Ercan Osmani (98) if we can solve his passport problem. Berkan is a very skilled guy for a big but needs to work on shooting and body. He can end up as a trash but he can also replace Ilyasova. Till Alperen and Bona is ready its our weakest spot. I have also big hope for Yigitcan Saybir who really improved his shot in the last 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz View Post
                                Hey Levenspiel, thanks mate!

I’m still optimistic about Ege Arar, hopefully he will break out soon. I would like to see Sehmus Hazer getting a chance at the NT. He is like a mix of Cedi Osman and Balbay
                                Arar is the last player you should expect a breakout. You can even expect more from Güven. Our future bigs will be. Bona, Sengün and Atar and tibet görener of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information