Turkish NT 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish NT 2018

This is the last game of NT I watched while Sarica is NT coach. You have to be real idiot to believe that any team with Dogus Balbay as organizer has any chance to win game against any team stronger then Albania or Maldivi
    This game tonight is real picture where we are. Sarica is our best coach but he is pure idiot. We need foreign coach

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    This is the last game of NT I watched while Sarica is NT coach. You have to be real idiot to believe that any team with Dogus Balbay as organizer has any chance to win game against any team stronger then Albania or Maldivi
    This game tonight is real picture where we are. Sarica is our best coach but he is pure idiot. We need foreign coach
    nah, we need players, not a coach. the current level of available Turkish players is this much. We need to find ways to improve it.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      nah, we need players, not a coach. the current level of available Turkish players is this much. We need to find ways to improve it.
      I was mad about defeat last night and first thing in my mind was lack of creativity in second half. Who is responsible for that? Pg is the most important player regarding that segment of game and coach is one who decide which player will take that role. I could live with defeat if team has bad shooting day or great shooting day by opponent, but defeat without game plan and without energy is a shame.
      We need better players of course but coaching stuff and selection of players is awfull

Comment

NT for coming two games against Sweden and Ukraine.

Doğuş Balbay: Anadolu Efes
        Sertaç Şanlı: Beşiktaş
        Semih Erden: Beşiktaş
        Kartal Özmızrak: Darüşşafaka
        Scott Jordan Wilbekin: Darüşşafaka
        Buğrahan Tuncer: Eskişehir Basket
        Melih Mahmutoğlu: Fenerbahçe
        Göksenin Köksal: Galatasaray
        Ege Arar: Galatasaray
        Metin Türen: Karşıyaka
        Metecan Birsen: Sakarya BŞB
        Barış Ermiş: TOFAŞ
        Cedi Osman: Cleveland Cavaliers
        Furkan Korkmaz: Philadelphia 76ers
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Extended roster for the next month's games against Montenegro (H) and Slovenia (A):

PG: Wilbekin - Özmızrak - Balbay - Uğurlu
          SG: Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu - Tuncer - Öncel
          SF: Osman - Köksal - Durmaz
          PF: İlyasova - Birsen - Türen - Arar - Olmaz
          C: Erden - Şanlı - Yurtseven

Young roster with couple of experienced additions. If this team manages to qualify for WC, this will be a great step to reinvigorate Turkish basketball. We need to win all the home games and steal at least one away game from direct competitors to secure our ticket to China.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Yurtseven didn't join the team due to his pre course at Georgetown University and immigration issues. He mentioned he is on F-1 status of immigration and that restricts his days out of USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
              Yurtseven didn't join the team due to his pre course at Georgetown University and immigration issues. He mentioned he is on F-1 status of immigration and that restricts his days out of USA.
              I am glad he is not wasting his valuable summer in NT camp. He has a great work ethic, has already enriched his offensive arsenal by investing himself last summer by intense practices. He is a realiable shooter as a C now and that is a great acquisition. I am so confident he will get maximum benefit from working with Patrick Ewing all summer long. He is conscious. Let him skip few NT camps until he is being a key factor in NT. He will hopefully be the best Turkish C ever. Has every tool to make this dream happen.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Turkey won Super Cup in Hamburg, Germany.

We won 100-79 against Germany and 89-80 against Czech Republic.

Cedi Osman was MVP of tournament.

We bet Czech Rep, by coming 21 pts half time deficit (30-51) and 33-10 4th quarter...

Comment

Osman and Korkmaz are showing great leadership in this drought team, they clearly shoulder every task that is assigned to them. Osman, Korkmaz and Yurtseven (hopefully) trio seems to form the core of this team for the incoming decade. We have plenty of talents who can potentially be good individuals in this team and take this team even few steps further. It is nice to see how the success in youth categories transforms into senior level recently. Big names coming. This year is vital to extend our portfolio by making high potential kids senior-ready players.
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

What about selection from this roster for next windows. Bold ones are my selection.

Kartal Ozmizrak, Dogus Balbay, Kenan Sipahi, Berk Ugurlu, Bobby Dixon, Ridvan Oncel
                    Melih Mahmutoglu, Bugrahan Tuncer, Goksenin Koksal, Yigit Arslan, Can Maxim Mutaf, Enes Taskiran
                    Emir Preldzic, Tolga Gecim, Okben Ulubay, Muhaymin Mustafa, Sehmuz Hazer
                    Metecan Birsen, Ayberk Olmaz, Ilkan Karaman, Berkan Durmaz
                    Berke Atar, Sertac Sanli, Semih Erden, Ege Arar, Egemen Guven, Muhsin Yasar

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                      What about selection from this roster for next windows. Bold ones are my selection.

Kartal Ozmizrak, Dogus Balbay, Kenan Sipahi, Berk Ugurlu, Bobby Dixon, Ridvan Oncel
                      Melih Mahmutoglu, Bugrahan Tuncer, Goksenin Koksal, Yigit Arslan, Can Maxim Mutaf, Enes Taskiran
                      Emir Preldzic, Tolga Gecim, Okben Ulubay, Muhaymin Mustafa, Sehmuz Hazer
                      Metecan Birsen, Ayberk Olmaz, Ilkan Karaman, Berkan Durmaz
                      Berke Atar, Sertac Sanli, Semih Erden, Ege Arar, Egemen Guven, Muhsin Yasar
                      Solid choices, but I would take Sipahi over Özmızrak and Türen over Durmaz. Another point is Yurtseven may join this team for the next window, as he is going to bypass this season in NCAA and playing in NT would help him to gain match practice. It is better than nothing for him. I hope he joins.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

with Wilbekin,Ilyasova,Asiks,Korkamaz and Osman i can say that coul be the best turkish roster from 2010 with brother hedo like boss?

next year a roster like this:

Wilbekin-Sipahi
                        Korkamaz-Mahmutoglu-Koksal
                        Osman-Birsen
                        Ilyasova-Aldemir
                        Asik-Erden-Sanli

not bad,what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                          with Wilbekin,Ilyasova,Asiks,Korkamaz and Osman i can say that coul be the best turkish roster from 2010 with brother hedo like boss?

next year a roster like this:

Wilbekin-Sipahi
                          Korkamaz-Mahmutoglu-Koksal
                          Osman-Birsen
                          Ilyasova-Aldemir
                          Asik-Erden-Sanli

not bad,what do you think?
                          Actually, your roster doesn't accommodate to the vision and momentum we have right now. Too many washed-up players namely Köksal, Aldemir, Aşık and even Erden. It is hard to expect notable contribution from these names, since Aşık not balling for couple of years due to various reasons, Aldemir made handsome money from Daçka and on sleeping mode, Erden is generally ok in NT but not a reliable player whom you can get consistent performance and also we are going to have new hot names in Erden's position, Köksal is useless; he could be a waste of spot in this roster.

We have many players who are open to development and potentially can leap forward in this season. You may see many new players in China whom you haven't watched. I think we will have a very young roster with couple of experienced additions in China if we manage to qualify.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                            Actually, your roster doesn't accommodate to the vision and momentum we have right now. Too many washed-up players namely Köksal, Aldemir, Aşık and even Erden. It is hard to expect notable contribution from these names, since Aşık not balling for couple of years due to various reasons, Aldemir made handsome money from Daçka and on sleeping mode, Erden is generally ok in NT but not a reliable player whom you can get consistent performance and also we are going to have new hot names in Erden's position, Köksal is useless; he could be a waste of spot in this roster.

We have many players who are open to development and potentially can leap forward in this season. You may see many new players in China whom you haven't watched. I think we will have a very young roster with couple of experienced additions in China if we manage to qualify.
                            I generally agree with you a lot. But Erden is always a beast in NT. I would include him all the time. I wish Ömer was in good shape. He would be a great difference makber as for the first time in history our main problem is not defense but it is offense. There is a year till China. Hope he gets better till then.

Yurtseven should be on the team as the main back up of Semih. Tolga Geçim also should be on the team if he is healthy as the bench playmaker. He and Furkan actually had chemistry in Banvit.

Cant believe just two year ago our game plan was to keep opponent blow 65 points Buca use we couldnt score more than 70. Now we have 4 guys that can go 20 in Cedi Furkan Ersan and Scottie.

I generally dont like Balbay but he was great as a playmaker this summer. Hope he keep that up. I dont think I want Melih on this team as he is quite unreliable. Id much rather try a young ster from Banvit on that spot

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                              Solid choices, but I would take Sipahi over Özmızrak and Türen over Durmaz. Another point is Yurtseven may join this team for the next window, as he is going to bypass this season in NCAA and playing in NT would help him to gain match practice. It is better than nothing for him. I hope he joins.
                              I totally forgot Metin Turen. You are right Metin Turen over Durmaz.
                              On the other side, Kartal is more consistent than Kenan and I would prefer him. Just personal choice.
                              Why is Yurtseven bypassing this year? He just moved to Georgetown this year.
                              Last edited by Efesdxb; 09-24-2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information