Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2149

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Oh this will be good , I hope Femi Edu will be around 6ft6 by the time and Domangcas 6ft7. Not sure how good is papa but Demisana have some hoops. I hope he grows to 6ft11 or more than 7ft tall. Then we will sustain continuity after Kai Sotto Fiba teen stint.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Tournament is still a few months away many things could happen
    true. it needs to be changed. i do hope and pray indonesia will host as it will help their youth team and their youth program as well. just not jakarta as of now.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

The real worry for this squad is bigs, not of the bigs in the pool are impressive basically big bodies to throw at the frontlines of other teams, also the guards of this squad to me are in the same mould of the previous u16 teams, bunch of scorers, main guys are probably the wings with Lopez and Amos doing the majority of the scoring load

[QUOTE=kamokamo;1338424]When was the last time we hosted an Asian Youth tournament? I remember back in the day, there was a time we assembled the best youth team anchored by Danny Francisco, I was so young, and I watched with my kabarangay, we had a pretty good enthusiastic crowd. Things changed though, maybe we won't get that kind of devoted fans again at this level.[/QUOTE
    I think mid 90's, banner by Mark telan, allen Patrimonio, danny ildefonso, rommel adducul, oggie gumatay

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    when i saw keifer and his U16 team played tuneup games in cebu, the arena was jampacked.

The Philippines' games obviously will be jampacked but the other teams won't be. It would still be easier and cheaper to host it than the senior tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    The real worry for this squad is bigs, not of the bigs in the pool are impressive basically big bodies to throw at the frontlines of other teams, also the guards of this squad to me are in the same mould of the previous u16 teams, bunch of scorers, main guys are probably the wings with Lopez and Amos doing the majority of the scoring load
    Agree, lopez and amos are the only ones who can contribute consistently. Without Sotto and Edu, our frontline is maybe one of the weakest.
    I don't see yet a pure point guard(like stockton/chris paul) in this u16 team. And They ate really small compared to their counterparts.

Wings are the weapons of this team. Let's pray for the best of them

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Agree, lopez and amos are the only ones who can contribute consistently. Without Sotto and Edu, our frontline is maybe one of the weakest.
    I don't see yet a pure point guard(like stockton/chris paul) in this u16 team. And They ate really small compared to their counterparts.

Wings are the weapons of this team. Let's pray for the best of them
    Hope and pray for 13-14 year old kids who are more than willing to play for the national team with at least have the chance to be eligible, with the skill-set and height of Kemaka Hepa,Kai Ballungay,Ron Harper Jr. and Sage Tolentino.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Hope and pray for 13-14 year old kids who are more than willing to play for the national team with at least have the chance to be eligible, with the skill-set and height of Kemaka Hepa,Kai Ballungay,Ron Harper Jr. and Sage Tolentino.
    Are edu brothers not yet on the right age? Hope we discover new prospects. Last decade, we have a lot of talented gilas foreign prospects, only a few of them we have gotten. The players you mentioned did not prioritize Gilas. Aj Edu and Kirkness did. Aj and Ethan are true filipinos.
    Hepa, ballungay,harper are not filipinos for me.

Sage is 50-50 for now. I heard sage and his camp is discussing matters with sbp. The ball is in the hands of sbp

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    true. it needs to be changed. i do hope and pray indonesia will host as it will help their youth team and their youth program as well. just not jakarta as of now.
    i agree , no international airline would fly near iran after that tragic event. mag landing/take off pa kaya. fiba should choose another host venue for the u16

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    i agree , no international airline would fly near iran after that tragic event. mag landing/take off pa kaya. fiba should choose another host venue for the u16
    if fiba will still push through with iran as venue given the political instability and security instability then they are stupid as hell.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I believe Fiba is finding another host. But that would be a long process. And they need to settle things with iran.

I agree, place should change. All teams will not send their best players. Or worst, will not join at all.

Are the two aaron gilas prospect not join gilasu16?

Aaron ganal and Aaron guiao?

Are edu brothers not yet on the right age? Hope we discover new prospects. Last decade, we have a lot of talented gilas foreign prospects, only a few of them we have gotten. The players you mentioned did not prioritize Gilas. Aj Edu and Kirkness did. Aj and Ethan are true filipinos.
    Hepa, ballungay,harper are not filipinos for me.

Sage is 50-50 for now. I heard sage and his camp is discussing matters with sbp. The ball is in the hands of sbp
    afaik Femi is about 13-14 years old.I dont know of the younger (than Femi) one is already a teenager.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    afaik Femi is about 13-14 years old.I dont know of the younger (than Femi) one is already a teenager.
    Femi-14
    Toby-11
    Benjamin-10

Looks like in 2023, not only our senior team is strong. Also batang gilasU16 with 3 edus. The youngest benjamin is projected to be 7 fret tall.

3 edus, sage, ganal. Not a bad lineup

Torculas, Jordi, Lopez and Amos are the ones I’m really gonna be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Torculas, Jordi, Lopez and Amos are the ones I’m really gonna be watching.
    Yeah. Last batch it's the big men. Now the wings is our weapon. Amos and Lopez may clinch a spot on gilas 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    95 i think..
    Yeah, I remember that very much.

Out team was composed of the likes of Danny Ildefonso, Paolo Mendoza, Rommel Adducul, Mark Telan, Ralph Emmerson Rivera, Ogie Gumatay, Gerald Francisco
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I don’t think any 19-20y.olds will be playing in the WC in 2023 for gilas. Sotto at 21 maybe.

Yeah. Last batch it's the big men. Now the wings is our weapon. Amos and Lopez may clinch a spot on gilas 2023
    they seem too young for 2023. hope they pan out, that'll get us set for the next decade

Quote Originally Posted by reptilia View Post
    I don’t think any 19-20y.olds will be playing in the WC in 2023 for gilas. Sotto at 21 maybe.
    this. remember 19 yr-old giannis getting shackled by norwood in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by reptilia View Post
    AJ Edu says, "hi!"
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast