Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2149

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    They're calling together whoever is available from original pool.
    I think people also are uncertain about Iran as host
    Well it would be very hard to find a new host with limited preperation. If phil has chosen to replace as host, i think sbp will decline. That also works on other counties.

Are there are willing countries to host replacing iran?

Really Philippines will decline?
    If Iran remains host, hardly anyone will go, so not happening

i dont think ph will decline.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Well, with so much work to do, fiba qualifiers , naturalization process, appointing new coach. If they cant even find a permanent coach, and
    cant fasten the naturalization. Then adding a job as host will be another buurden.

A lot of you here in forum said that hosting sea games is the main reason of delay on finding a coach. It will be the same if phil will be the host

^
    Different context sir

Not many people will watch the U16 though. Most are probably just the relatives of the players and some tourists who just happened to be in town. There's a reason why FIBA just livestream some, if not most, of the age-groups tournaments in Facebook or Youtube.

So it should be alright for the Philippines to host the event.

Are other countries willing to be host? That's what I am asking. It's not easy job to be host.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    if Sage's parents wanted to, then it should be smooth sailing and if his parents and produce the supporting documents as well.
    Looks like Sage is not really interestedm He is more focused on markynoll. And wants to go College first before considering playing for gilas.

I want Sage to be in gilas. But I realize that we must not force a kid on his decision. He is still a kid.

We must not bash him if he chose not to represent np. We have the freedom to choose our own path.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Looks like Sage is not really interestedm He is more focused on markynoll. And wants to go College first before considering playing for gilas.

I want Sage to be in gilas. But I realize that we must not force a kid on his decision. He is still a kid.

We must not bash him if he chose not to represent np. We have the freedom to choose our own path.
    He is still an American citizen who just happens to have some Filipino bloodline. We can't expect kids like him to be interested right away when we offer them to play for BG unless the kid has some strong attachment to to the Philippines like if one spent vacation here and made good fiends with some locals. When we approach them, it has to be by people who can sell footbridges to strangers. Our program might not be that good but, as they say, its not what you sell but how you sell it. I don't know how ANDREW TEH (correcting my previous post which mentioned Terry que) approached sage and the family but maybe, the SBP should assign people who are good are good at recruiting/sales (this is not meant to diss Andrew Teh, I'm just saying maybe that's not his forte)

Re hosting the U16, it should not be that hard. That tournament isn't that big and does not require much logistics BUT with the current leadership? I don't know. Mahirap na, baka maghimutok na nmn yung apologists ng SBP.

Remember also that its 2020 already, this year is also Fiba Asia U18 Championships.. DONT know if theres still Seaba tourney... Well we yave a parallel U17/U18 pool who has been training since last year togetjee with U16 pool. Those in the pool and practicing are NUs 6-6 Buensalida, former U16 members 6-5 Tan of Xavier ,Ateneo's 6-6 Lazaro and 6-4 Ladumo, Feu's 6-2Mantua, NUs 6-1 Alarcon, 6-2 Blanco-Hontiveros, USTs 5-11 Cortez, son of Mike,6-0 Cajucom of Hope (?), NU's 5-6 Nash Enriquez... Still U18 eligible are Kai Sotto, injured Raven Cortez, UPs Ethan Kirkness who now in the Philippines and Analyzed son Jordan Perez, 5-11 and plays PG...

^
    Yes good .sales........ ..nt..

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Remember also that its 2020 already, this year is also Fiba Asia U18 Championships.. DONT know if theres still Seaba tourney... Well we yave a parallel U17/U18 pool who has been training since last year togetjee with U16 pool. Those in the pool and practicing are NUs 6-6 Buensalida, former U16 members 6-5 Tan of Xavier ,Ateneo's 6-6 Lazaro and 6-4 Ladumo, Feu's 6-2Mantua, NUs 6-1 Alarcon, 6-2 Blanco-Hontiveros, USTs 5-11 Cortez, son of Mike,6-0 Cajucom of Hope (?), NU's 5-6 Nash Enriquez... Still U18 eligible are Kai Sotto, injured Raven Cortez, UPs Ethan Kirkness who now in the Philippines and Analyzed son Jordan Perez, 5-11 and plays PG...
    Oh. Bright future. But without Edu, Kai will need to work triple time.

We have yet to see a legit gilas prospect on u16 team aside from lopez

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Have you seen Jordan Perez play?

Quote Originally Posted by donmar View Post
    Not many people will watch the U16 though. Most are probably just the relatives of the players and some tourists who just happened to be in town. There's a reason why FIBA just livestream some, if not most, of the age-groups tournaments in Facebook or Youtube.

When was the last time we hosted an Asian Youth tournament? I remember back in the day, there was a time we assembled the best youth team anchored by Danny Francisco, I was so young, and I watched with my kabarangay, we had a pretty good enthusiastic crowd. Things changed though, maybe we won't get that kind of devoted fans again at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by donmar View Post

when i saw keifer and his U16 team played tuneup games in cebu, the arena was jampacked.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    When was the last time we hosted an Asian Youth tournament? I remember back in the day, there was a time we assembled the best youth team anchored by Danny Francisco, I was so young, and I watched with my kabarangay, we had a pretty good enthusiastic crowd. Things changed though, maybe we won't get that kind of devoted fans again at this level.
    95 i think..

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    He is still an American citizen who just happens to have some Filipino bloodline. We can't expect kids like him to be interested right away when we offer them to play for BG unless the kid has some strong attachment to to the Philippines like if one spent vacation here and made good fiends with some locals. When we approach them, it has to be by people who can sell footbridges to strangers. Our program might not be that good but, as they say, its not what you sell but how you sell it. I don't know how ANDREW TEH (correcting my previous post which mentioned Terry que) approached sage and the family but maybe, the SBP should assign people who are good are good at recruiting/sales (this is not meant to diss Andrew Teh, I'm just saying maybe that's not his forte)

Re hosting the U16, it should not be that hard. That tournament isn't that big and does not require much logistics BUT with the current leadership? I don't know. Mahirap na, baka maghimutok na nmn yung apologists ng SBP.
    ------------
    I agree we need some good salesman to convince Sage and family to represent the Philippines. There are lots of good things in store for this kid if he plays with us.
    1.Financial
    - SBP or MVP/Chooks can give him sponsorship , they can give good offers
    for the kid and the famlily.
    - Aside from that he can gain good following in Social Media sites, we know
    how passionate filipinos are when we see talent. For sure he can get
    attention , he can grow a chanell and rewards would follow. He can also
    attract commercial endorsements here just like Kai.
    2. Career wise.
    - We all know playing in high level tournament such as an international
    tournament makes a player more competitive and it can elevate his skill level in
    high proportions. But representing your country in international meets does not
    come in handy, and the competition there in US is very stiff.
    - Playing for the Philippines is his best ticket to experience playing in fiba and
    be recognized by scouts. if you are an international talent scouted by SBP
    there will be almost 97% chance that you are a shoo in in the team. NO
    SWEAT just like that. (- He ain't that super good yet so there will always be a
    stiff competition among his peers to make it in the US national team.)
    - While I agree Hawaii is beautiful, but Philippine Island can offer exciting
    places to visit for this young kid and his family. They should be enticed to see
    the Philippine beauty.
    If these things would not work , then we move on to the next prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Iran should defer the hosting for obvious reasons. Or FIBA should be proactive and hand it elsewhere.
    I agree , i hope that the hosting be changed. Some of our players have that distinct American look(Lopez and Gagate). It will be a risky for them to go to IRAN at this point in time. Plus the brewing tension with US seems very unpredictable.

Please share the Photo. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by raileebeast2 View Post
    I agree , i hope that the hosting be changed. Some of our players have that distinct American look(Lopez and Gagate). It will be a risky for them to go to IRAN at this point in time. Plus the brewing tension with US seems very unpredictable.
    Tournament is still a few months away many things could happen

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast