Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2149

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Yes his scoring is really his biggest weakness right now, inconsistent on shots but he does everything else really well leads the league in rebounds second in assists and i know top 5 in blocks and steals. Can’t really teach his length
    seems to me he is carrying the scoring load just because he is the most talented player on the team. UPIS needs another scorer to take the load off him
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    seems to me he is carrying the scoring load just because he is the most talented player on the team. UPIS needs another scorer to take the load off him
    Jordi has actually been impressive with his shooting, bone thin and honestly kind of slow considering his weight and height but he’s improving as a player and does have potential, the only other player is their pg Torres I think his name but most of the load is going to him Jordi and their pg, he shot 22% on fg during round 1. If he could get his scoring to be more efficient he’d probably be leading in the mvp race by now.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    BTW good news Mason Amos just got his passport (15 yrs old), Mason who's measured regularly (6' 5" to be exact) is a good 1 inch taller than Lopez. have picture back to back.
    Finally, some good news..
    Nice nice

Kudos to SBP people, that is if they were behind Amos' obtaining Phi passport.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Jordi has actually been impressive with his shooting, bone thin and honestly kind of slow considering his weight and height but he’s improving as a player and does have potential, the only other player is their pg Torres I think his name but most of the load is going to him Jordi and their pg, he shot 22% on fg during round 1. If he could get his scoring to be more efficient he’d probably be leading in the mvp race by now.
    I know its HS ball and development is more important than wins but seems to me UP is forcing Torculas to score more (might be wrong here though) when his talents are better suited to other roles like playmaking and defense. who knows, he can be a super-Tungcab at the seniors level, maybe a 3&d guy
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

I know its HS ball and development is more important than wins but seems to me UP is forcing Torculas to score more (might be wrong here though) when his talents are better suited to other roles like playmaking and defense. who knows, he can be a super-Tungcab at the seniors level, maybe a 3&d guy
    I’m thinking he’s a better version of Tuncab but if he can improve his scoring, he can drive has decent handles and his shooting form isn’t bad if he improves in these departments he would be tough to handle, he’s got athleticism and length and his height isn’t far off from Lopez and Jordi

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    or india.. or even here in adelaide
    yes correct. ill pick adelaide. hope adelaide is safe from the bush fires. man i miss glenelg.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Jordi's shooting posture isn't good. He shoots the ball from his chest which is easy to block & such shooting posture would prevent him from taking the shot off a nearby defender. He has to be wide open to be able to take a high percentage shot.

Its not yet late to change such shooting posture but if ever he changes it, would his outside shooting be as accurate?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    yes correct. ill pick adelaide. hope adelaide is safe from the bush fires. man i miss glenelg.
    we’re fine here.. thanks.. glenelg at this time of the year

so, does that mean Torculas can be the next gabe norwood type of player for PH?
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Jordi's shooting posture isn't good. He shoots the ball from his chest which is easy to block & such shooting posture would prevent him from taking the shot off a nearby defender. He has to be wide open to be able to take a high percentage shot.

Its not yet late to change such shooting posture but if ever he changes it, would his outside shooting be as accurate?
    He’s still young, shooting is about muscle memory and it’s better to correct it now while there is still time or else once he’s older it’ll be hard to kill his habit

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Nice nice

Kudos to SBP people, that is if they were behind Amos' obtaining Phi passport.
    I can categorically confirm that the SBP actually helps both financially and logistically to process passports of prospects.. of course however it takes soom work and cooperation from the families. it's not instant noodles style na delivered (yung passport to home address without lifting a finger lol)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

I can categorically confirm that the SBP actually helps both financially and logistically to process passports of prospects.. of course however it takes soom work and cooperation from the families. it's not instant noodles style na delivered (yung passport to home address without lifting a finger lol)
    Ok noted bro.

I commend SBP people for job well done. And thank you for giving us this good news bro

both Mason and CJ (did I remember his name correctly?) has passport? or just Mason?
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Great, now time to get Sage's passport. Hopefully, it all works out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Great, now time to get Sage's passport. Hopefully, it all works out.
    if Sage's parents wanted to, then it should be smooth sailing and if his parents and produce the supporting documents as well.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Do we have a u16 trimmed down pool already?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

They're calling together whoever is available from original pool.
    I think people also are uncertain about Iran as host

Iran should defer the hosting for obvious reasons. Or FIBA should be proactive and hand it elsewhere.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

If we have Fil-Ams (like Sage for example) and even Fil-Australians, I don't think their families would want them to make the trip to Iran. FIBA should definitely change the hosts or certain federations should bring it up.
    WE ARE COCOY. EXPECT US.
    - Twitch & Astigram

They're calling together whoever is available from original pool.
    I think people also are uncertain about Iran as host
    i will support batang gilas if they will withdraw from participation due the unstable security situation in iran.

Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast