Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Again delicate issue, I think father would knew that having a passport opens alot of opportunities for the son.. and if son is afraid of being homesick then, we dont want to see guys blaming themselves of not making any decision ( which is less risky to be honest) or put any effort whennthey were younger.. like an old saying time is gold maybe even more valuable than bitcoin as unlike the assets that I mention time lapses..

As I said its not just gilas basketball.. its other opportunities tgat will be opened if hr has a passport na baka kailanganin niya eventually
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by zoman114 View Post
    Interesting video but there are some inaccuracies:

The following are no longer in the pool:
    Kean Baclaan (not released by DLSZ)
    Tyler Garcia (went back to Canada)
    Kenji Caņete (cut)
    Ray Allen Maglupay (cut)
    Garrick Lao (cut)

Missing from the list are:
    Jesse Arciaga (LSGH) 6'6
    Justin Diaz (Ateneo) 6'4
    Reinhard Jumamoy (NU) 5'8
    Kim Tamayo (NU) 5'8

Basically here's the Gilas Youth U16 Pool as of June 8, 2019:
    As of June 8 2019

BIGS
    Mason Amos (Ateneo) 6'5
    Jesse Arciaga (LSGH) 6'6
    Justin Diaz (Ateneo) 6'4
    Seven Gagate (LSGH) 6'6
    Echo Laure (NU) 6'4
    Luis Pablo (LSGH) 6'4
    Kenshin Padrones (FEU) 6'5
    PJ Palacielo (NU) 6'5

WINGS
    Nicael Cabaņero (SBU) 6'2
    Kenji Duremdes (NU) 6'3
    Jordy Gomez de Liaņo (UPIS) 6'4
    Francis Lopez (Ateneo) 6'6
    JCee Macalalag (LSGH) 6'2
    Aldous Torculas (UPIS) 6'3

GUARDS
    Ethan Alian (LSGH) 5'9
    Prince Alao (SBU) 5'10
    Ian Espinosa (Ateneo) 5'8
    JR Guevarra (Letran) 5'8
    Reinhard Jumamoy (NU) 5'8
    Kim Tamayo (5'8)
    Keith Wongchuking (Xavier) 5'7

Re: Sage Tolentino (Maryknoll Honoluli) 7'0 -- he was invited but as of now expressed that he is not interested to join Gilas Youth. Yes, he is confirmed to be part-Filipino. His dad is Filipino, and they've visited the Philippines before. Still, right now, he's not interested to play basketball in/for the Philippines.
    Possible Final 12:

C: Arciaga 6-6, Gagate 6-7, Pedrones 6-5
    PF: Laure 6-4, Amos 6-5
    SF: Lopez 6-6, JGDL 6-5
    SG: Duremdez 6-2, Cabanero 6-2
    PG: Espinosa 5-8, Guevarra 5-11 Garcia 5-11

but why is Baclaan being withheld by DLSZ? isnt it an honor of the school if their player will represent the country..... Baclaan is a shoo-in as the starting 1 of the U16.....

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    We can invite Tolentino again hopefully once we make the U17World Cup. Or Fiba Asia U16, if what we are preparing now is Seaba U16..Garcia if he made the cut, will be be just called up again near the competition time(like with Panopio)
    That's right, Garcia made the pool cut and will just be called up if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by totoeman View Post
    but why is Baclaan being withheld by DLSZ? isnt it an honor of the school if their player will represent the country..... Baclaan is a shoo-in as the starting 1 of the U16.....
    Ah your new here I see. They've been doing that for ages now. Though they're not above poaching naman

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Possible Final 12:

C: Arciaga 6-6, Gagate 6-7, Pedrones 6-5
    PF: Laure 6-4, Amos 6-5
    SF: Lopez 6-6, JGDL 6-5
    SG: Duremdez 6-2, Cabanero 6-2
    PG: Espinosa 5-8, Guevarra 5-11 Garcia 5-11
    The SFs, PFs and Cs are pretty good sized for u16. Add in the combo guard Torculas as well.
    We can field a big lineup if needed
    Pg - Torculas
    SG JGDL
    SF Lopez
    PF Amos
    C Gagate

What tournament are they preparing and when?

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Ah your new here I see. They've been doing that for ages now. Though they're not above poaching naman
    im new in this forum but not new in philippine basketball.... i know its been since before about this so called withholding of players and padrino systems, the reason why we are posting is to discuss here that the concern schools will know that somebody knows about what theyare doing..... anyway ragrding the withholding of players, SBP must send a memorandom to all schools that it is mandatory forthemto send the selected player representing there school in doning the philippine flag otherwise SBP will give sanctions to them.... how is that?

im new in this forum but not new in philippine basketball.... i know its been since before about this so called withholding of players and padrino systems, the reason why we are posting is to discuss here that the concern schools will know that somebody knows about what theyare doing..... anyway ragrding the withholding of players, SBP must send a memorandom to all schools that it is mandatory forthemto send the selected player representing there school in doning the philippine flag otherwise SBP will give sanctions to them.... how is that?
    I don't know if it violates any laws but for me, that's actually a good idea.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

nope not possible. if you are not new in philippine basketball then you know that SBP is the beggar in this situation.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

[QUOTE=NOiNU;1274852]I don't know if it violates any laws but for me, that's actually a good idea.[/QUO

Representing the country and donning the country color in any sports is a part of being Nationalistic and being makabayan and schools should impose it more importantly. And start it by letting kids don the flag in any sports not only Basketball ....

^Then they'll just claim some bogus injury or the need to catch up with school work. Pardon my language but as the saying goes, "kung gusto, may paraan; kung ayaw, maraming dahilan."

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    nope not possible. if you are not new in philippine basketball then you know that SBP is the beggar in this situation.
    and if really SBP is the reighning basketball body in the country then they the autonomy over all the basketball leagues in the country esp over UAAP and NCAA..... Weither schools will like it or not they have to lend players ..... and if really SBP has the power over this leagues it can impose sanctions over them if they refuse... it should be mandatory or else this leagues wont be recognize by SBP at the same time SBP haS the power not to support them specially lending Professional SBP referees ......

Speaking of the obligation to play for country, Steven Adams again has turned his back to play for NZ. So using the same principle as when Ali went to jail for refusing to serve in the Vietnam War. Should we sanction Steven with a penalty for refusal? Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Speaking of the obligation to play for country, Steven Adams again has turned his back to play for NZ. So using the same principle as when Ali went to jail for refusing to serve in the Vietnam War. Should we sanction Steven with a penalty for refusal? Thoughts
    No. He is his own man. Unless he violates any existing law, he should't be sanctioned. I think it's quite amusing to penalize people for not being nationalistic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    No. He is his own man. Unless he violates any existing law, he should't be sanctioned. I think it's quite amusing to penalize people for not being nationalistic enough.
    were not talking abou people here, but the school....kean baclaan was not released by His school.... the kid wants to play, even being the last cut during the u18 .... its not the individual involve it is the school that prevents.... not himself

were not talking abou people here, but the school....kean baclaan was not released by His school.... the kid wants to play, even being the last cut during the u18 .... its not the individual involve it is the school that prevents.... not himself
    Steven Adams is not a school. I'm pretty sure he's a man.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    ^Then they'll just claim some bogus injury or the need to catch up with school work. Pardon my language but as the saying goes, "kung gusto, may paraan; kung ayaw, maraming dahilan."
    This. Wag pilitin kung ayaw. Wag pisses me off more is that this schools are the same ones that pirates players. How about a little delicadeza?

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    This. Wag pilitin kung ayaw. Wag pisses me off more is that this schools are the same ones that pirates players. How about a little delicadeza?
    If it's the NT friendly schools, then by all means. Ahahaha

Is baltazar gonna be draft eligible this year?

Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast