Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2149

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    HPW: After that, would you play for the Philippines national team?

ST: Yeah, I could.

Yet how come it was also reported that when SBP people asked Sage (& perhaps his parent/s) about the possibility of him playing for the Phi National team, Sage didn't give a positive answer?
    im pretty sure he doesn't want to say "no i dont want to play for the philippines" in a published article.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    to all those queries about sage's interest in joining gilas. here is his answer.

https://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/boys...age-tolentino/

in the last part of the interview.
    That was in July 2019, it's now January 2020. who are we to say that he hasn't changed his mind?
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Looks like Sbp has done its part. Now if sage will not cooperate, we just need to move on, we will discover more in the future more talented, and more willing.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Looks like Sbp has done its part. Now if sage will not cooperate, we just need to move on, we will discover more in the future more talented, and more willing.
    Of course if Sage isn't interested at all to play for the Phi team, then we can't do anything about it. We have no choice but to let go of him & move on. At least SBP people did what they need to do.

Bottomline is, one only regrets on the things that he had failed to do or didn't do enough.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Of course if Sage isn't interested at all to play for the Phi team, then we can't do anything about it. We have no choice but to let go of him & move on. At least SBP people did what they need to do.

Bottomline is, one only regrets on the things that he had failed to do or didn't do enough.
    Maybe Sbp should scout 13 years old or younger. It's hard when the recruiting player is 15.
    We only discivered Sage when he is 15. I saw a video where he is only a 13 year old kid and plays basketball. It's dissappointing we cannot scout him earlier

Smile

If his career didn't pan out expect him to play in the Philippines where he can earn millions while dominating midgets and say obnoxious things like how adobo has always been his favorite food and say tagalog phrases like "mahal ko kayo".

well even if his parents agree they will still need to produce documents if im
    mistaken is if one of the parents is still filipino citizen when sage was born?not sure.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Maybe Sbp should scout 13 years old or younger. It's hard when the recruiting player is 15.
    We only discivered Sage when he is 15. I saw a video where he is only a 13 year old kid and plays basketball. It's dissappointing we cannot scout him earlier
    we do have nbtc for that. slowly and surely it helped scouting potential recruits.

I watched the NBL last night against Pampanga vs Mandaluyong I saw a lot teenager boys watching the game and I saw at least more than two dozen kids stand at least 6'5- 6'6..I guest they want to audition for Pampanga Delta because governor Delta Pineda watched the game

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    we do have nbtc for that. slowly and surely it helped scouting potential recruits.
    I hope we discver a jalen green talent willing to play for philippines. There's no way they can crack up the roster of dream team usa( Lebron,curry,etc). Fil Am needs to realize that. Gilas will give them more exposure.( Just like how gilas impact Aj edu and panopio, they are scouted because of gilas)

I hope we discver a jalen green talent willing to play for philippines. There's no way they can crack up the roster of dream team usa( Lebron,curry,etc). Fil Am needs to realize that. Gilas will give them more exposure.( Just like how gilas impact Aj edu and panopio, they are scouted because of gilas)
    thats one of the goals of nbtc. hopefully we get to discover more.

is the Demisana kid playing? I hope he could grow up to around 6'9-6'11 and play like Dario Saric Or Danilo Gallinari
    Last edited by Alex07; 01-06-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Why is it up to now, we don't have a separate or own thread for Sage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    is the Demisana kid playing? I hope he could grow up to around 6'9-6'11 and play like Dario Saric Or Danilo Gallinari
    wow. pede bang play like a 6'6 Yoyoy Villamin muna

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    wow. pede bang play like a 6'6 Yoyoy Villamin muna
    Wag lang 6'6 na Jimmy Santos although we think if Jimmy plays seriously he'll be a decent player,but not just good enough
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Wag lang 6'6 na Jimmy Santos although we think if Jimmy plays seriously he'll be a decent player,but not just good enough
    lol jimmy was a muscled guy way back but it turns into a tummy heheh.

Based on demisana skill set, he will grown likely a Don Ramon or jun limpot type or hakeem olajowon type of player

Basically, we have the materials now to be competitive, It's up to the SBP how to enhance this materials. The problem of height is slowly being solved by the arrival of tall players. The one lacking is a pure shooter. Like a more athletic Allan Caidic. Imagine an Allan Caidic with Japeth athleticism with a 6'5. above height. We already solved height problem. We just need to solve the lack of shooters problem.

how can we have 6'5 shooters if coaches always force them to play as paint-protecting PF/Cs?
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Basically, we have the materials now to be competitive, It's up to the SBP how to enhance this materials. The problem of height is slowly being solved by the arrival of tall players. The one lacking is a pure shooter. Like a more athletic Allan Caidic. Imagine an Allan Caidic with Japeth athleticism with a 6'5. above height. We already solved height problem. We just need to solve the lack of shooters problem.
    Yeah, that is what we lack right now, outside shooters. But that is something we had in abundance during the 90's with Caidic, Solis, Lastimosa, Cabahug, Agustin, Magsanoc.

A few years ago, I thought Matt Wright is the outside shooter we've looking for. Unfortunately, Wright is no Caidic, nor a Solis, nor a Ricardo Brown.

Just when we've found the height, we've lost shooting in the process.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast