Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1744

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    So the finger pointing just keep going round and round,a case of "he said and she said".
    The FYBA is not responsible to the Philippine basketball program, the SBP is. Its not like they're trying to play blame game.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Which post? I only saw the one where they asked SBP to do a better job educating Fil ams and Fil Canadians about the new FIBA passport rule.

Is the Battie kid a good prospect?
    You cab check their previous posts, there's at least two where they said that there is no one to help them. Now, the Batties kid, 14, is asking for help. We'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Which post? I only saw the one where they asked SBP to do a better job educating Fil ams and Fil Canadians about the new FIBA passport rule.

Is the Battie kid a good prospect?
    You cab check their previous posts, there's at least two where they said that there is no one to help them. Now, the Batties kid, 14, is asking for help. We'll see what happens but to answer your other question, I think the batties kid is also nationally ranked

Would the pool for FIBA u16 be a good measure how much push has been made to get kids who have Filipino heritage in getting them ready for future Gilas eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    You cab check their previous posts, there's at least two where they said that there is no one to help them. Now, the Batties kid, 14, is asking for help. We'll see what happens but to answer your other question, I think the batties kid is also nationally ranked
    I think with the advent of social media and other apps like Skype, Viber, FB Messenger, Watsapp, IMO among others..those SBP guys if they really interested for a particular prospect and if they travelling on the other side of the Globe is not that practical because of the airfare cost..they could somehow arrange a tele conference call to the parents or the guardian of those kids as well as invite a representative from the Philippine Embassy via phone patch...I think it's much lesser cost..if the challenge is lack of communication and follow-ups...They know all this techie thing because they(SBP personnel) is in the Telecom industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    if pba can actually limitations on the number of fil-fors, i they can further limit the number of fil-fors who failed to secure ph passoport prior to their 16th birthday into only one. they will be classified as fil-for 1st class. those fil-fors who acquired ph passport prior to 16th birthday or granted eligibility exemption from fiba will be classified as fil-for 2nd class.

that's how to implement such a rule without a court challenge. there is a substantial distinction between two classes of fil-for.

a good lawyer can actually pinpoint such distinctions.
    but that is a big assumption that every team will agree. if the recent FIBA outing showed us anything, is that PBA looks after itself and not the NT.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

I see Isaiah Blanco-Hontiveros has been playing point forward for UC. At 6’3 another tall PG Gilas Prospect. I expect him to make the final 12 of u16.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    I see Isaiah Blanco-Hontiveros has been playing point forward for UC. At 6’3 another tall PG Gilas Prospect. I expect him to make the final 12 of u16.
    All these tall kids at the 1,2,3 position for this year’s u16 is great.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    All these tall kids at the 1,2,3 position for this year’s u16 is great.
    I would love for the fil-ams to come join batang gilas especially aaron ganal and sage tolentino. We have to move on now from travis roberts.
    PG:Aaron Ganal 6'4/Aldous Torculas 6'4/Kean Baclaan 5'8
    SG:Isaiah Blanco 6'3/Kenji Duremdes 6'2
    SF:LeBron Lopez 6'6/Jordi Gomez De Liano 6'5
    PF:PJ Placielo 6'6/Mason Amos 6'5/Echo Laure 6'4
    C:Sage Tolentino 7'0/Seven Gagate 6'7

If they do decide to go all local homegrown
    PG:Aldous Torculas 6'4/Tyler Garcia 5'11/Kean Baclaan 5'8
    SG:Isaiah Blanco 6'3/Kenji Duremdes 6'2
    SF:Lebron Lopez 6'6/Jordi Gomez De Liano 6'5
    PF:Ken Padrones 6'5/Echo Laure 6'4
    C:PJ Palacielo 6'6/Seven Gagate 6'7

Is this Torculas as PG based on potential or recent face value? Is he really playing PG now? That's great if that's the case.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Would this style work for our youth and senior teams? I think it's pretty simple yet effective.

https://youtu.be/FEsCcco17ho

Quote Originally Posted by Vhin Lurk View Post

FINAL STATEMENT ON PASSPORTS

We are astounded by the number of people reached (55,217), engagements (16,306) and shares (72) that our Facebook post on the FIBA passport rule has generated. It’s truly amazing how much Filipinos LOVE the sport of basketball. We appreciate all of the thoughtful comments and feedback.
    We wanted to make our statement on this topic because we are inundated by literally thousands of comments and messages on our social media platforms asking whether our players have a Philippine passport before age 16.
    We do not have the capacity to answer every single one, and do not want to be rude or unresponsive— so we wanted to make ONE statement on this topic. Note that we will not discuss the passport status of any of our players on social media going forward, SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK!

We wanted to respond to a few comments: Some people have suggested that the responsibility of securing a Philippine passport for their children falls exclusively on the parents.
    First of all, it is incorrect to assume that all Fil-Am parents are aware of the FIBA passport rule. People in the Philippines who live and breath basketball know it; but we would venture to guess that most Fil-Am parents living busy lives here in America don’t even know what “FIBA” stands for, much less what the passport rule entails.
    Some comments have come close to actually BLAMING the parents for not securing a passport for their child before age 16, suggesting that they should have done it when the child was 1 year old!
    Fil-Am parents with highly talented basketball players are busy with practices, training, workouts, games and tournaments — all of this on top of work and other family commitments.
    The parents with these talented children are focused on securing a roster spot on a varsity basketball team or a scholarship/financial assistance at a D1-D3 college, NOT necessarily on securing a passport. There are some parents that know about the FIBA rule, but for some reason or another decided not to get a dual passport for their child.

We believe both SBP and local Fil-Am basketball organizations should share the responsibility of actively educating parents of talented players about the FIBA rule, providing advice on securing a passport, encouraging them to take action before the deadline, and when needed, taking an active role in finding lost documentation or overcoming other bureaucratic hurdles on the Philippine side.
    Here's an idea: SBP should send officials to all of the big Filipino Labor Day Tournaments (NABA, USFBA, PIBNA, FBANA) to distribute informational brochures and hold orientation sessions about Gilas, the FIBA passport rule, and passport processing.
    After all, SBP and the Gilas program stand to benefit from this sort of outreach because it would expand the pool of basketball talent available for the national team. We agree with those who say that SBP should focus on developing home-grown talent in the Philippines. FYBA brought our teams to the Laguna International Basketball Classic in 2018, where we experienced first-hand some of the amazing basketball talents produced in the Philippines.
    But we also think that Fil-Am players such as a Quentin Millora-Brown, Travis Roberts, Brandon Chauca, Jordan Bartlett, Jalen Green, Kihei Clark, Andrew Singson and others who have played against ELITE high school and college basketball competition here in the US could be contributors to Gilas.
    They would have been HONORED and PROUD to play for the Philippine National team.
    But they cannot because of the arbitrary FIBA under 16 passport rule, which ultimately should be changed because it penalizes the basketball aspirations of the Philippines on the world stage.
    I think we should make a win win solution regarding this matter, instead on putting the blame on people.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Vhin Lurk View Post
    I cant understand whats the issue of FYBA re: failure to get passport on time of some of its players... For Christ sake, Riberts has been with them probably since 12 years old, and of course they know already of the Hagop Rule, hindi man lang nila nasabihan ang parents ng bata... Last year FYBA was even harping that the kid is Fiba eligible already and was even supposedly included for the World Cup team but beg off due to prior commitment.. Something amiss as now FYBA is saying they dis not know tjat Roberts dont have passport yet... Ilang beses na nila inuwi ang bata dito sa Philippines. As far as I can recall, with Millora-Brown, SBP has been pursuing his however the parents dis not act on it. PERHAPS waiting first if the kid is really good enough to merit USBasketball inclysion to their Youth team... If everything else fail, panakip butas na lang ang Philippines.... Thats what you can appreciate the Edus and Kirkness, they went out of their way to get a passport for their kids even shellung out their own money to have it done.... As what Micheal Kirkness said in his Facebook comment on FYBA and i quote :"We owe it to our kids to hive them new opportunities"...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    I cant understand whats the issue of FYBA re: failure to get passport on time of some of its players... For Christ sake, Riberts has been with them probably since 12 years old, and of course they know already of the Hagop Rule, hindi man lang nila nasabihan ang parents ng bata... Last year FYBA was even harping that the kid is Fiba eligible already and was even supposedly included for the World Cup team but beg off due to prior commitment.. Something amiss as now FYBA is saying they dis not know tjat Roberts dont have passport yet... Ilang beses na nila inuwi ang bata dito sa Philippines. As far as I can recall, with Millora-Brown, SBP has been pursuing his however the parents dis not act on it. PERHAPS waiting first if the kid is really good enough to merit USBasketball inclysion to their Youth team... If everything else fail, panakip butas na lang ang Philippines.... Thats what you can appreciate the Edus and Kirkness, they went out of their way to get a passport for their kids even shellung out their own money to have it done.... As what Micheal Kirkness said in his Facebook comment on FYBA and i quote :"We owe it to our kids to hive them new opportunities"...
    parang nag hugas-kamay lang yung FYBA. pwede naman tulungan.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    Yeah.. they'll lose prospects and recruiters if they say the wrong things

Huh? Bakit kailangang maghugas kamay ng FYBA? Since when has the national team program become their responsibility? Hndi ba trabaho dpt yan ng SBP? PWD NAMANG TULUNGAN? O e hnd ba galing nrn sa inyong mga apologists ng SBP na magastos ang pagproseso, mahal ang abogado? That was the excuse you guys had for SBP for not being able to help those kids and now you are saying FYBA could've helped but did not? Naririnig nyo ha mga sarili nyo? Unbelievable.

Huh? Bakit kailangang maghugas kamay ng FYBA? Since when has the national team program become their responsibility? Hndi ba trabaho dpt yan ng SBP? PWD NAMANG TULUNGAN? O e hnd ba galing nrn sa inyong mga apologists ng SBP na magastos ang pagproseso, mahal ang abogado? That was the excuse you guys had for SBP for not being able to help those kids and now you are saying FYBA could've helped but did not? Naririnig nyo ha mga sarili nyo? Unbelievable.
    did i say FYBA did not help? naririnig mo ba sarili mo?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

did i say FYBA did not help? naririnig mo ba sarili mo?

Bka lng nmn hnd mo na nababasa sarili mong post.

Bka lng nmn hnd mo na nababasa sarili mong post.
    lol. sinabi ko lang pwede tulungan. san dyan sinabi ko hindi tinulungan? gawa gawa kalang.

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast