2019 Batang Gilas U16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onggok View Post
    I saw an article of Aaron Ganal on Facebook..Damn he is already 6'3 and only 16 years old and he play PG (sayang). Anyway, I hope I will see him play in the NBA one day even he won't play for our nation team anymore and I'm still be proud for him because he has pinoy blood in him
    Sayang nga because he's full blooded Pinoy. But just like Alphonse Areola of the French national football team, I understand why he's decided to play for his adopted country. It is their opportunity to get an Olympic or World Cup medal and get noticed by scouts to play for elite teams.

Comment

I saw an article of Aaron Ganal on Facebook..Damn he is already 6'3 and only 16 years old and he play PG (sayang). Anyway, I hope I will see him play in the NBA one day even he won't play for our nation team anymore and I'm still be proud for him because he has pinoy blood in him
      Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
      Sayang nga because he's full blooded Pinoy. But just like Alphonse Areola of the French national football team, I understand why he's decided to play for his adopted country. It is their opportunity to get an Olympic or World Cup medal and get noticed by scouts to play for elite teams.
      afaik, he was included in spain u16 pool..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
        even if ganal is not playing basketball, Spain/Andorra has good benefits (health, education and job) to its citizens. it's not sayang after all for the kid.
        sigpic

Comment

Would have been our version of Jordan's Sam Daghlas
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            afaik, he was included in spain u16 pool..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Would have been our version of Jordan's Sam Daghlas
              but sam daghles it too tall (too big) compared too ganal. do they have the same skills and playing style ? just asking
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                but sam daghles it too tall (too big) compared too ganal. do they have the same skills and playing style ? just asking
                I haven't seen how Ganal plays. The Daghlas comparison is mainly on size. A poster here said that Ganal is now around 6-foot-3 at 16 years of age. He could end up standing 6-foot-5 or 6-foot-6 which is just around the height of Daghlas.

Daghlas even passed with the height limit of 6-foot-3 among Asian imports in the PBA a few years ago, so in a sense Ganal now is in the same height as Daghlas
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  I haven't seen how Ganal plays. The Daghlas comparison is mainly on size. A poster here said that Ganal is now around 6-foot-3 at 16 years of age. He could end up standing 6-foot-5 or 6-foot-6 which is just around the height of Daghlas.

Daghlas even passed with the height limit of 6-foot-3 among Asian imports in the PBA a few years ago, so in a sense Ganal now is in the same height as Daghlas
                  yeah, but that was PBA magic measurement lol. in reality, he's legit 6'5-6'6 playing guard or SG. Can't really tell if aaron will grow up until 6'6" unless he still has that growth spurt after 16yo.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah, but that was PBA magic measurement lol. in reality, he's legit 6'5-6'6 playing guard or SG. Can't really tell if aaron will grow up until 6'6" unless he still has that growth spurt after 16yo.
                    Magic measurement which could produce at least a 2-inch difference from the real & actual height. I think Sam Daghlas is around 6-foot-5 or a fraction of an inch below that. Lets say ganal would end up as a legit 6-foot-4, that's already a tall point guard by Asian standards. Unfortunate that he can't play for us.

Comment

• He’s an athletic guard who can shoot

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post

He’s an athletic guard who can shoot
                        too late for this kid. I hope we could produce a local who has the same qualities if not better.i think Torculas or Briones jr.,can duplicate what this guy can do.
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                          He's a points-guard. I'm not that impressed, but that's just me
                          He was selected for spain’s U16 pool so he’s probably very talented, or at least the Spanish see something in him

According to his twitter he’s 6’3

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                            He was selected for spain’s U16 pool so he’s probably very talented, or at least the Spanish see something in him

According to his twitter he’s 6’3
                            Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Second photo, guy inter middle is Nicolas cebrian plays for Real Madrid youth listed as 6’0 and you can see everyone including Aaron is significantly taller

Comment

I would rather trust an actual measurement like the PBA pre-draft than what we read on papers or online. Daghles' 6'5-6'6 height could be just an exaggerated estimate.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                                I would rather trust an actual measurement like the PBA pre-draft than what we read on papers or online. Daghles' 6'5-6'6 height could be just an exaggerated estimate.
                                So you mean sam daghles could be much smaller to his registered height? Like 6’4 without shoes, etc.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information