Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1241

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    HPW: Tolentino is Portuguese. What are your other ethnicities?

ST: Hawaiian, Filipino, Caucasian.

Does this suggest that his father is not really a pure-blooded Filipino? Perhaps his dad is half-Portuguese half-Filipino?
    I think the interviewer was suggesting Tolentino was a Portuguese name. I mean looking at the father it’s kind of obvious unless it’s way back that’s he’s not half Portuguese but I think he might be half Hawaiian or has Hawaiian ancestry.

Things are happening behind closed doors. Hopefully it will turn out well in the end. This isn't the Chot era anymore where everything has to be covered in media hype.

From what I remember, when Tolentino was asked if he was willing to play for the Philippine National team (Phi youth team), he said like (not the exact words) "not yet" or "not for now". Which could only suggest that he isn't closing the door for the possibility of playing for the Phi National team in the future. I won't mind if ever Tolentino will not play for the Phi U-16 & U-18 youth teams. Because he could still play for the Phi senior's team in the future & that is what is more important.

SBP people should not give up on this kid. I mean the possibility of Tolentino suiting for the Phi National team, may it be the youth or senior level, is still very good. SBP people should move heaven & earth of some sorts to make Tolentino acquire Phi passport before his 16th birthday & after that bahala na si Batman
    Exactly, just have him his passport before 16....

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Things are happening behind closed doors. Hopefully it will turn out well in the end. This isn't the Chot era anymore where everything has to be covered in media hype.
    Ok, nice to hear that from you sir

Felt a sigh of relief that concerned people are working on Sage Tolentino.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

pinapatamaan mo ba si josh? i dont see the issue why qmb wouldnt be allowed to play local if spencer got his passport. as ling you got your passport the sttonger your case..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Regarding how Spencer got the green light, it was a gamble and we were lucky it paid off. Sadly with QMB's case, it didn't help that Reyes already spilled the beans that he didn't have a passport after the age of 16.

repost here para not OT
    I see iwe're talking about the Tolentino dude , would't it be better to just trust what ever the SBP discussed with them , rather than make all these speculations of what could be , or what might have happened etc etc..

BTW doesn't mean if a person has Filipino blood he's eligible to get a passport at any age. furrthermore I would say most people abroad with Pinoy blood without a passport as a teenager are actually not able to get a passport thru normal legal process. it's actually a small % who can

Regarding how Spencer got the green light, it was a gamble and we were lucky it paid off. Sadly with QMB's case, it didn't help that Reyes already spilled the beans that he didn't have a passport after the age of 16.
    lol hopefully someone dont post it outside on fb kundi.. lalo lang magagalit ang tao sa kanilang mag ama
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

But couldn't Spencer's case (being declared eligible to play as a local) be use as a precedent?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    repost here para not OT
    I see iwe're talking about the Tolentino dude , would't it be better to just trust what ever the SBP discussed with them , rather than make all these speculations of what could be , or what might have happened etc etc..
    Well, you can't blame people (which includes me) to become speculative that SBP people aren't doing enough to have Sage Tolentino acquire Philippine passport prior to his 16th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    BTW doesn't mean if a person has Filipino blood he's eligible to get a passport at any age. furrthermore I would say most people abroad with Pinoy blood without a passport as a teenager are actually not able to get a passport thru normal legal process. it's actually a small % who can
    I think safe to say that most of us here are aware of that. If Sage Tolentino's father is no longer a Filipino citizen at the time of Sage's birth, then medyo problema yata yan.

well there are many things that is happening. its just many people on the internet are entitled to be informed. if not they will draw their own conclusions and believe their own conclusions.
    same like fake news lol.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    well there are many things that is happening. its just many people on the internet are entitled to be informed. if not they will draw their own conclusions and believe their own conclusions.
    same like fake news lol.
    Well, may pinaghuhugutan naman kasi.

How many Fil-foreigner prospects who turned 16 years old but didn't acquire Phi passport?

How many Fil-foreigner prospects who turned 16 years old but didn't acquire Phi passport?
    If we be able to get that kid a passport and into the program, we might not need a naturalized big in 2023, we can utilize that spot for another position, maybe for a wingman, a combo forward or even a long combo guard. Kid is only 15 but 2-3 years in the US NCAA could turn him world cup ready for the world cup. Junmar may be our fourth big, depends on how Geo develops.

Well, you can't blame people (which includes me) to become speculative that SBP people aren't doing enough to have Sage Tolentino acquire Philippine passport prior to his 16th birthday.

I think safe to say that most of us here are aware of that. If Sage Tolentino's father is no longer a Filipino citizen at the time of Sage's birth, then medyo problema yata yan.
    I've read somewhere, someone said, sage told he's been to the Philippines once. I think that's a good sign re eligibility to get a Phil passport. Maybe his dad was still a Filipino citizen at the time of his birth, just an assumption

Just to give you guys some context on the chances of a Fil foreigner either not have a passport by 16 or not able to get one thru normal process.
    I form and recruit my players for the NBTC team, if you look at my line up Pinoy na Pinoy, everyone has Filipino blood. Now New Zealand is actually only a recent desired destination for Filipino migrants, so its rare to have 3rd generation Filipinos unlike the US.
    What is the % of my Pinoy team with U16 passport or can get one? As low as 25%! If you ask me to guess or ask the Australian, Canada and US teams if they have a higher %, I think it will be even lower! If I could make an estimate what number % will be like? My estimate is around 20% only.

Now believe it or not, not known to many is we do have something like a sports passport, which basically means extra ordinary facilitation to acquire a passport (I know of a few cases where this is required). But as stated this is not normal process and only for special cases

did you know how many of them do not qualify? and did you know how many of them dont want to get a ph passport?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Sage Tolentino said that he could represent the Philippines after finishing college, and that it would be an honor

Last edited by Athrunzala; 07-22-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Sage Tolentino said that he could represent the Philippines after finishing college, and that it would be an honor

Not a good sign then..
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Never mind. Edu and sotto are good for at least 12 years. 1 or 2 more 7 footers by that time. A mobile and powerful naturalized big is the permanent need, and will be available every year. Pinoys wont be hammered anymore inside the paint.

The better news is that new 6'6 to 6'9 wings will be usable in 3-5 years.

The best news is no pinoy coach will throw a barroca, tenorio or jalalon anymore against sokor guards and wings.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    The better news is that new 6'6 to 6'9 wings will be usable in 3-5 years.
    who is the 6'9 wing?

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast