2019 Batang Gilas U16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curtaincall View Post
    But isnt there an outbreak in Iran too? So Philippines with Lebron Lopez still have a chance. I actually wanted to see our U16 players especially how our tall guards and wings will play. Sean Torculas, Tim Recapente, Jordi GDL, Lebron Lopez then Agile bigs like PJ Palacielo and Seven Gagate would have been a problem.
    as much as i want to but slim chance.. we blame FIBA asia for this long delay that lead to postponement of the tournament..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      No performance based on past juniors ranking not the senior ones since china us nz and austrlia are past final 4 contenders in both u16 and u19 tayo kukuha as if.. matutuloy naman ang fib comp due to corona scare
      it will be based on fiba youth rankings

From twitter

Enzo Flojo
      With the cancellation (not rescheduling) of the #FIBAU16Asia, I expect AUS, CHN, KOR, and either NZL or JPN to advance to the #FIBAU17WC in Sofia, Bulgaria. This is based on the latest FIBA Boys' Rankings. Feel really bad for our #BatangGilasU16 boys.

Enzo Flojo
      Latest FIBA Boys' Rankings (for Asia and Oceania teams):
      11. AUS
      14. CHN
      19. KOR
      27. JPN
      27. NZL
      29. IRI
      31. PHI
      33. TPE
      46. LBN
      50. BRN
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        it will be based on fiba youth rankings

From twitter

Enzo Flojo
        With the cancellation (not rescheduling) of the #FIBAU16Asia, I expect AUS, CHN, KOR, and either NZL or JPN to advance to the #FIBAU17WC in Sofia, Bulgaria. This is based on the latest FIBA Boys' Rankings. Feel really bad for our #BatangGilasU16 boys.

Enzo Flojo
        Latest FIBA Boys' Rankings (for Asia and Oceania teams):
        11. AUS
        14. CHN
        19. KOR
        27. JPN
        27. NZL
        29. IRI
        31. PHI
        33. TPE
        46. LBN
        50. BRN
        This is stupid, nobody wants to host?

Comment

• Originally posted by reptilia View Post
          Feel bad for you guys, phillipines and nz do not qualify for the u17 WC based on rankings unless suddenly they bring more teams into the tournament.

Australia (11), China (14), Korea (19), Japan (27) qualify automatically through Asia.

Nz who are also ranked 27 do not go through even though they are tied with Japan, nor do Iran (29), phillipines (31) etc etc go through.
          based on artcle - NZ and Japan with the help of FIBA will discuss how to settle last spot

I think a logical alternative to break a tie , is to play in NZ a knockout game .
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Yup..I just read the confirmation from the below link..tough luck indeed..I hope the boys and the rest of the coaching staff will not be dampen with this latest development and keep the team intact and continue practicing despite the uncertainties..those lads are the future of Philippine basketball..so cohesion and familiarity are important..I think for me it's still a blessing in disguise because we could have a chance to recruit more talents for the next edition..I hope NBTC 2020 will not be affected of this latest challenges.

https://www.fiba.basketball/news/cha...covid-19-virus

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
              YI hope NBTC 2020 will not be affected of this latest challenges.

https://www.fiba.basketball/news/cha...covid-19-virus
              so far the NBTC hasn't been cancelled, in fact there are already international teams in Manila... plus most of the teams are Philippine base... well fingers crossed
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                so far the NBTC hasn't been cancelled, in fact there are already international teams in Manila... plus most of the teams are Philippine base... well fingers crossed
                I think that virus really hates the hot and humid environment...Kudos to the DOH team for doing their job..so far no Filipinos(in the country) except for those who works outside are affected of this bug..hoping for the best.

Comment

I think that virus really hates the hot and humid environment...Kudos to the DOH team for doing their job..so far no Filipinos(in the country) except for those who works outside are affected of this bug..hoping for the best.
                  Basing the last year ranking in selecting the Asian participant in world U17 is injustice, conducting zonal tournament is not just to gauge the improvement of every organisation but also to determine who will represent the zone by giving every member countries chance, the best thing to do is lottery, this is fair because it will give everyone a chance

Comment

But lives jn air conditioned one...so.. and interestingly it doesnt affect children
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• FIBA has decided 4th Asia Pacific slot for U17 World Cup will be decided by 2 games between NZ and Japan prior to WC at date and neutral venue to be decided

Comment

Yes. This is true. The virus hates summer. But like how the Spanish flu subsided during the summer and then went back stronger by October. Then after killing numerous people suddenly disappeared almost for good.

Comment

• powerful appeal by hamed haddadi for the FIBAU 16 asia to push through--mini tournament n lng ung 5th to 10th s ranking hehe
                          https://t.co/XfrpMhQf1r?amp=1

Comment

• Originally posted by elleroch View Post
                            powerful appeal by hamed haddadi for the FIBAU 16 asia to push through--mini tournament n lng ung 5th to 10th s ranking hehe
                            https://t.co/XfrpMhQf1r?amp=1
                            It doesn't help that he's making the appeal from a country (iran) that is most effected with the virus , exactly what FIBA is tryiing to avoid.

Comment

• They need to organize the tournament on the teams that want to join mapa 4 5 or 7 team tournament yan..
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                It doesn't help that he's making the appeal from a country (iran) that is most effected with the virus , exactly what FIBA is tryiing to avoid.
                                But it's fiba asia's fault why this thing happened. They seemed to neglect the event and this event was delayed for a year (during the time when covid-19 is not yet spreading).

They should be accountable for it. Teams wanted to participate, it's just that no one host it. Fiba asia should have exerted extra-effort in finding a host.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information