Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

hmm. a little bit concern for our youth teams NT. other schools might not lend their players to NT because tab baldwin is there as a director of the youth teams. he can pirate players to play for ateneo HS/College.
    Indiana Pacers (bcoz of PG13)
    San Antonio Spurs
    TaMs

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    hmm. a little bit concern for our youth teams NT. other schools might not lend their players to NT because tab baldwin is there as a director of the youth teams. he can pirate players to play for ateneo HS/College.
    Chances are the best youth NT may come primarily from Ateneo in the future. The system they have in place is solid and may perhaps be the elite farming ground for youth prospects.
    SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN
    est. 2001

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    I'm hoping we can also get a 6'2-6'3 Jayson Castro.

Jayson has always been my favorite player in Gilas. I hope he's still included in the 2023 pool and gets selected as a proper send off.
    Considering how much he has shown down already, Jason will probably be retired by 2023. But he can be part of the coaching staff alongside alapag.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Chances are the best youth NT may come primarily from Ateneo in the future. The system they have in place is solid and may perhaps be the elite farming ground for youth prospects.
    ateneo may have a good program and system for now, but i think NU also. the other schools also improving their program. i see ateneo as a barometer when it comes to basketball program. but i also think the potential best players will be outside ateneo..

NU is not DLSU (Thank GOd) they will allow players to join the NT. Its the sports agents and handlers that are influencing these kids no to. Besides the NU kids are already poached from ADU .
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    That aould be scary. He can probably be a Div I candidate once he reach college. Imagine a 6-5/6-6 Thirdy Ravena... We can have our SF for 2023...
    And with his african genes, he will get taller hopefully

You cant reverse the sequencing. You get very good players first, before dreaming about a dream coach. I feel that one in ten of the forumers here can coach san miguel to a conference championship. Thats how bad the other pba teams have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    You cant reverse the sequencing. You get very good players first, before dreaming about a dream coach. I feel that one in ten of the forumers here can coach san miguel to a conference championship. Thats how bad the other pba teams have been.
    I honestly don't get why they still have stagnant plays

i'm wondering what if we have Aaron Ganal,Travis Roberts and Francis Lopez in the u-16 team.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i'm wondering what if we have Aaron Ganal,Travis Roberts and Francis Lopez in the u-16 team.
    There’s still time for lopez to show up. I have a feeling he will

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Roberts was born in 2002. He missed the cut by 12 days.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict View Post
    NU is not DLSU (Thank GOd) they will allow players to join the NT. Its the sports agents and handlers that are influencing these kids no to. Besides the NU kids are already poached from ADU .
    Your description of the former Adamson high school players are not correct. Those players were recruited by Goldwyn Monteverde and their loyalty was to Monteverde not the school. When Monteverde transfered to NUHS, he transferred all of his recruits that wanted to move with him except for Padrigao who decided to transfer to AHS before Adamson imploded and Serrano to DLSU provided he passes the DEC exams. Monteverde transferred the Adamson players who had more than 2 years of eligibility to NU and those players completed the necessary residency requirements. Players who had only a year of eligibility were transferred by Monteverde to Chang Kai Shek. In short, Monteverde and his stable of players were a package deal, where he goes so does the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Agree. Tab Baldwin can coach the Bangladesh National team & I can bet my entire property (na kunting-kunti lang naman) that Bangladesh will never become a champion in Asian basketball.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/t...-a795-20190523

we should secure a passport already for his kid hehe
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I wonder how jv papa is doing in nu

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I wonder how jv papa is doing in nu
    Is he the 6'8 kid

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Is he the 6'8 kid
    Yeah, projected to be a 7 footer.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Is he the 6'8 kid
    he is only 14 yrs old and under the wing of monteverde now, good thing is coach Goldwyn is part of national youth team coaching staff, most probably the kid will train with the current youth pool, this good for his development and prepare him early in next edition of U16

Lot of tall kids showing up

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Lot of tall kids showing up
    it shows that the internet in Philippines is getting faster..

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast