2019 Batang Gilas U16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
    The timing of his appointment is questionable. He should start at the u16 all the way up to u19 so there's continuity.

His new system affected the chemistry of the players even when they retained all of them.
    Who would you rather have as the head Coach? JOSH REYES? If its Oliver, he was not also impressive in his stintbwith Batang Gilas, a win over China followed by a loss to Japan in the quarter's in U16 in 2015, a choked job in the quarters against Korea, losing by 8 after leading by 8 in the last 3 minutes in 2016 U18, his only wins are consolation round wins on Egypt and NZ in Fiba U16 World Cup, a rather not a good resume for Oliver, kung gusto nio di mag improved ang Batang Gilas okey lang. Oliver has been handling Batang Gilas for 4-5 years already, replacing Jamike Jarin... Toronto have to fire Dwayne Casey inspite leading Toronto to #1 in the East in 2017-18 and winning Coach of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
      The timing of his appointment is questionable. He should start at the u16 all the way up to u19 so there's continuity.

His new system affected the chemistry of the players even when they retained all of them.
      Give Sandy one cycle, under 16 team this year all the way once these kids represent U18 team in 2022...Yan din naman ginawa kay Oliver eh, 2015 U16 all the way to U18 team... Besides nakuha lang naman si Sandy coz he is the chief apprentice of Tab, its all about Tabs system actually..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Give Sandy one cycle, under 16 team this year all the way once these kids represent U18 team in 2022...Yan din naman ginawa kay Oliver eh, 2015 U16 all the way to U18 team... Besides nakuha lang naman si Sandy coz he is the chief apprentice of Tab, its all about Tabs system actually..
        Dapat nga kasi hindi muna nilagay agad si Coach Sandy sa U19 ngayon. Sana man lang kahit sa 2019 U16 na siya mag umpisa eh bakit kailangan pa niyang pumasok sa 2019 U19.

Like I said, new coach means a new system where 3 weeks is not enough time to master it.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
          Dapat nga kasi hindi muna nilagay agad si Coach Sandy sa U19 ngayon. Sana man lang kahit sa 2019 U16 na siya mag umpisa eh bakit kailangan pa niyang pumasok sa 2019 U19.

Like I said, new coach means a new system where 3 weeks is not enough time to master it.
          kaso sino ang maging Head Coach ng U19 team ?Si Josh Reyes or si Oliver? Di ba sukang suka na kayo sa dalawang yun last U16World Cup

Comment

• The problem is the federation dragged its feet in reforming the youth program after Josh Reyes was removed. They waited for the men's team to qualify for the World Cup as if it was the only national team that mattered. Add the fact that a foreign coach can not be appointed head just so relations with a local coaches organization will not be jeopardized. Even the formation of our u16 team suffered because of this. We are actually behind in the u16 preparations if you take into account the fact that Lebanon, Iran, Australia, Nz and even Japan started forming their u16 teams last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
              kaso sino ang maging Head Coach ng U19 team ?Si Josh Reyes or si Oliver? Di ba sukang suka na kayo sa dalawang yun last U16World Cup
              At least Oliver beat China, Egypt, and NZ.
              Originally posted by gideon
              Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Thats U16 bro, different level with U19..Anyway, lets see later if Sandy cant replicate those two Consolation games win of Mike Oliver minus arguably its Main Man due to injury...

Comment

One down bro, one win over China in classification round. A win over New Zealand na lang, tabla na si Sandy kay Oliver.. Remember Batang Gilas was 1-1 against this Chinese team with a healthy Edu. In this game, no Edu, niluto pa si Kai(Fouled out on 4 offensive fouls and one Ihip foul..). China even has to play their injured main man number 23....

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                    Imagine us running “small ball”
                    Torculas 6’5
                    DeLiano 6’5
                    Lopez 6’6
                    Cortez 6’7??? (no idea if he grew)
                    Kai 7’2/7’3
                    Josh Lazaro I think is still eligible for the U18

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                      this is the reason why i want sbp and pba to have some "pangil" in enforcing fiba eligibility rules. during their young and prime years, they don't recognize themselves to be a filipino. then, when their overseas professional careers fail, they all of a sudden recognize themselves as pinoys just to get paid professionally here.

i think it's time for sbp and pba to implement the passport requirement and fiba-related eligibilty rules here. then give a reward to those fil-foreigners who played for our national team in u-16, u-17, u-18, u-19 or those who get their passport prior to 16th birthday.

I agree +999999

Comment

• What Happened to Garcia?

Comment

• What happened to Garcia?

Comment

• Maybe his papers aren't ready. 3rd paragraph: https://filipinobasketballleague.lea...LmMq-LWA1z2BCw

Or maybe he got cut?

Don't know.
                            Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• When is the fiba u16 and seaba u16??

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                this is the reason why i want sbp and pba to have some "pangil" in enforcing fiba eligibility rules. during their young and prime years, they don't recognize themselves to be a filipino. then, when their overseas professional careers fail, they all of a sudden recognize themselves as pinoys just to get paid professionally here.

i think it's time for sbp and pba to implement the passport requirement and fiba-related eligibilty rules here. then give a reward to those fil-foreigners who played for our national team in u-16, u-17, u-18, u-19 or those who get their passport prior to 16th birthday.
                                The one flaw I see with this is what about filfors who wanted to serve, but were cut?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information