Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1608

Thread: 2019 Batang Gilas U16

  1. #1221
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,241

    Default

    Not all can play for us of a.. so in basketball standpoint if you have filipino blood and you can legally acquire then youre good to go..no ifs or buts unless you chose to play for us or any other national teams but if you chose to play to another country your legally affiliated to and not by naturalization) then country should give clearance
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #1222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,131

    Default

    How the negotiation with the Ganals? He did not make it Spanish U16 team... Theoritically Kamaka Hepa can still paly for Senior Gilas although probably as NP..

  3. #1223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Bloodline sir.

    With regards to Clarkson, I've heard he is only 25% Filipino by blood. That is why I think he shouldn't be playing as a local for the Philippine team. Gabe Norwood, I heard is of the same case, so I think Gabe too shouldn't have been playing as a local for the Phi team as well.

    About the Afro-Americans or the Blacks, although most of them are basically 100% Africans by blood, they have been recognized as natural born Americans since they were born in the US. The current Afro-Americans now living in the US are already great great grandchildren of those Africans who were brought to the US.

    So in my opinion, these Afro-Americans shouldn't be allowed to play as a local for any African nation. Besides, its going to be difficult to determine which African country an Afro-American individual traces his roots.

    I know its really complicated but for me this should be the most logical rule.
    jc is considered as a 1/2 filipino since her mother's parents are both filipino but he is a 3rd generation fil/am.

  4. #1224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    If we look on the case of slaughter and thon maker both declared by fiba as local players even they failed comply the requirements of fiba for foreign born, the similarity is not just the length of stay, all of them proved that they learned the game on the country they want to represent

    I believe that the promotion of home grown talent and encouragement to improve the level of basketball in every member countries is the main reason why fiba strictly imposing the passport before 16th birthday rule for foreign born, why there is now U16, U18 & U20 for regional and U17, U19 & U 20 for world,
    i think thon maker was below 16 when he got his aus passport , well within fiba rules.

  5. #1225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    401
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    What happen to Francis Lopez? no new news or update about him because maybe Ateneo hiding him

  6. #1226
    Senior Member c_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,442

    Default

    ^On the contrary, he has been present in practices since he transferred. He is in the pics of last Saturday's u16 practice.

  7. #1227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: United States

    Default

    liano and the lopez kid would be my pick from this batch that can make the mens team in the future.

  8. #1228
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,711
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    liano and the lopez kid would be my pick from this batch that can make the mens team in the future.
    Add in Torculas. These tall wings/ big guards are definitely something to watch out for.

  9. #1229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Add in Torculas. These tall wings/ big guards are definitely something to watch out for.
    agree and to think that some would grow an inch or more.

  10. #1230
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Bloodline sir.

    With regards to Clarkson, I've heard he is only 25% Filipino by blood. That is why I think he shouldn't be playing as a local for the Philippine team. Gabe Norwood, I heard is of the same case, so I think Gabe too shouldn't have been playing as a local for the Phi team as well.

    About the Afro-Americans or the Blacks, although most of them are basically 100% Africans by blood, they have been recognized as natural born Americans since they were born in the US. The current Afro-Americans now living in the US are already great great grandchildren of those Africans who were brought to the US.

    So in my opinion, these Afro-Americans shouldn't be allowed to play as a local for any African nation. Besides, its going to be difficult to determine which African country an Afro-American individual traces his roots.

    I know its really complicated but for me this should be the most logical rule.
    Technically speaking actually most African Americans have as strong connection to a specific African nation (e.g. Nigeria) as JC and Gabe have to the Philippines.
    If you recognize that you can really see why FIBA is really reluctant to conceed to agree on eligibiity based on bloodlines.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  11. #1231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Technically speaking actually most African Americans have as strong connection to a specific African nation (e.g. Nigeria) as JC and Gabe have to the Philippines.
    .
    That's also the main reason why Fiba should give extra consideration to countries such as the Philippines when it comes to granting exemption to the rule.

  12. #1232
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    14
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    liano and the lopez kid would be my pick from this batch that can make the mens team in the future.
    Also add the two BG prospects from states, 17yo 6'6 Wing/Guard Travis Roberts (already secured his passport and hopefully eligible in next year U18 squad) & 14yo 6'4 Guard Thomas Batties (afaik Mr. Teh already contacted him and he's working on his passport) and his recent practice is with U15 FYBA team that will participate in USFBA 2k19.

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369556917052361

  13. #1233
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,711
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhin Lurk View Post
    Also add the two BG prospects from states, 17yo 6'6 Wing/Guard Travis Roberts (already secured his passport and hopefully eligible in next year U18 squad) & 14yo 6'4 Guard Thomas Batties (afaik Mr. Teh already contacted him and he's working on his passport) and his recent practice is with U15 FYBA team that will participate in USFBA 2k19.

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369556917052361
    The size with our youth teams is insane. Remember when we had 6’4-6’6 guys for centers?

  14. #1234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    599
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    i think thon maker was below 16 when he got his aus passport , well within fiba rules.
    He is only 3 years old when arrived and around 11 when he got his australian citizenship thru asylum, he was declared by fiba as Australian local player even he don't have a single drop of Aussie blood because he is a certified Australian home grown talent

  15. #1235
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    He is only 3 years old when arrived and around 11 when he got his australian citizenship thru asylum, he was declared by fiba as Australian local player even he don't have a single drop of Aussie blood because he is a certified Australian home grown talent
    he got his passport before 16, no more no less..even if he played 5 years in us, or japan as long he got his australian passport before 16 fiba doesnt care if you develop your game there or not..

    the passport before 16 rule is just a lazy response for fiba so that they cant manhunt players faking their citizenship
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #1236
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,886
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    The size with our youth teams is insane. Remember when we had 6’4-6’6 guys for centers?
    and remember the u16 batch of kiefer when our tallest guy is 6'3? and still made it to Semi finals and that team is one kai sotto away to qualify for the worlds

  17. #1237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,131
    Country: New Zealand

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    and remember the u16 batch of kiefer when our tallest guy is 6'3? and still made it to Semi finals and that team is one kai sotto away to qualify for the worlds
    Tallest was apparently Kevin Ferrer at 6'3. Prince Caperal who was already 6'6 at that time was part of the pool. And now its the other way around today's youth teams are just a Jolo Mendoza or Kiefer Ravena away from beating other teams in the World Cup.

  18. #1238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,608
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhin Lurk View Post
    Also add the two BG prospects from states, 17yo 6'6 Wing/Guard Travis Roberts (already secured his passport and hopefully eligible in next year U18 squad) & 14yo 6'4 Guard Thomas Batties (afaik Mr. Teh already contacted him and he's working on his passport) and his recent practice is with U15 FYBA team that will participate in USFBA 2k19.

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369556917052361
    Great to know that Travis Roberts had already secured Phi passport. Nice job by SBP people
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  19. #1239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    The size with our youth teams is insane. Remember when we had 6’4-6’6 guys for centers?
    I think the 2021U16 team will approximate the height of Kai's Batch. NOW 14 year old but could still be eligible for U16 in 2021 are Dimasaan who now stands 6-7(could be around 6-90 to 6-11 in 21), JV Papa now standing 6-8. Mason Amos now 6-5,Lucas Pablo now standing6-4 and Jr NBA Reyes also at 6-4. Expect some growth spurts still from these kids.. At SF, Thomas Batties is also at 6-4 while younger brother of AJ Edu Femi now stands 6-3 at 14yo. Then theres the younger brother of Mason Amos now standing 6-2 at 13 and the youngest Nieto, Lebron now around 6-0..At PG, Jr NBA Allstar Rubico standing 5-7 as well as that 14yo Kid now training in US alreadyvstanding 6 feet... I think Kim Tamayo would still be eligible for U16 in 2021....Kim now stands also about 6 feet olays Combo guard.

  20. #1240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    599
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    he got his passport before 16, no more no less..even if he played 5 years in us, or japan as long he got his australian passport before 16 fiba doesnt care if you develop your game there or not..

    the passport before 16 rule is just a lazy response for fiba so that they cant manhunt players faking their citizenship
    Your point is for foreign born, half breed player like the case of Jordan Clarkson, a filam born in US who want to represent the Philippine in fiba competition but failed to comply to become a local player

    The case of thon maker is totally different, he was declared by fiba as Aussie local player even he was not born in Australia and even don't have a single drop of Aussie blood in his vein and not just he acquire his local passport before his 16th birthday

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •