2018 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 PBA Draft

This is the most underrated batch we have in previous years because of influx of foreign based players in the radar of pba teams. Although the need to softening up on eligibility reqts by Marcial is the key.
    I think thers already a thread for this so just merge it..

Notable names.

Parks
    Domingo
    Tiongson

Can be but may prefer import like money in ABL/TBL
    Mckinney
    Mike Williams
    Avery Scharer

Long shot (age factor and abl money)

Munzon
    Stephen Holt

For local Scene the Gilas 23 seniors:
    CJ Perez
    Robert Bolick
    Boo tratter - first rounder being the few bigs in the draft..
    Jayvee Mocon
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Originally posted by reamily View Post
    This is the most underrated batch we have in previous years because of influx of foreign based players in the radar of pba teams. Although the need to softening up on eligibility reqts by Marcial is the key.
    I think thers already a thread for this so just merge it..

Notable names.

Parks
    Domingo
    Tiongson

Can be but may prefer import like money in ABL/TBL
    Mckinney
    Mike Williams
    Avery Scharer

Long shot (age factor and abl money)

Munzon
    Stephen Holt

For local Scene the Gilas 23 seniors:
    CJ Perez
    Robert Bolick
    Boo tratter - first rounder being the few bigs in the draft..
    Jayvee Mocon
    Tratter, Domingo and Tiongson will be first rounders because they are bigs. Who do you think will be picked earlier? But CJ Perez is also a prospective number 1. He is the next great PG. How is his BBIQ though? His height and athleticism alone might not be enough in the PBA where you have PGs like Ross. How old is Munzon? I like his game more than Parks.

Comment

Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
      Tratter, Domingo and Tiongson will be first rounders because they are bigs. Who do you think will be picked earlier? But CJ Perez is also a prospective number 1. He is the next great PG. How is his BBIQ though? His height and athleticism alone might not be enough in the PBA where you have PGs like Ross. How old is Munzon? I like his game more than Parks.
      23... Munzon is thin though, can score on mid tier pba team..But certainly isnt showing he has that intangibles that elite pba teams are looking into..

He will be a longerr matthew wright though.. or maybe a taller terrence romeo

Comment

Trevis Jackson should apply for the PBA draft IMHO.

Comment

why i feel that this year's draft will be a shallow one?
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            why i feel that this year's draft will be a shallow one?
            yes if the filams wont come as you can see how "deep" is the list of the local prospects..

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
              yes if the filams wont come as you can see how "deep" is the list of the local prospects..
              what makes me think that this draft is shallow is the fact that no known big man, a legit one ala fajardo, slaughter, cs, or almazan join the draft.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

6'6 Jeepy Faundo
                6'6 Ronnie de Leon
                5'10 Jason Brickman
                6'6 Ben Adamos

Comment

I'm impressed with Robert Bolick, specially with the way he played with San Beda in the recent tournament in Dubai.

IshmaelM is right, Tratter, Domingo & Tiongson would be regarded highly in the draft becoz they are bigs, but I think skill-wise, Parks & Bolick as the standouts in the draft.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    what makes me think that this draft is shallow is the fact that no known big man, a legit one ala fajardo, slaughter, cs, or almazan join the draft.
                    In between pa nga daw si alamazan knowing chot prefers troy more if available

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                      Dun na papunta given his play in Gamboa...

But again ahanmisi was not hyped ut he was performing in a very good loaded team thats why ros knew what they getting in ahanmisi a solid thonking guard that can hurt you if you let your guard.. there are rashawn mccarthyjeremy king and now robbie herndon in the pba all high talented scoring guards but will not get the niche in limited minutes thats why i think twice if im mckinney and mike williams brickman because of bring a purr pg is a welcome addition in the pba..

btw jerick is pba ready.. although i say he needs the perfect team to showcase his talents..

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        i like this kid...
                        22 yo, scoring PG...
                        CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Scharer would have joined the draft a few years ago. I think he's already 30 years old!

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
                          -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

Any news about Taylor Statham?
                            CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Im not sure about the eligibility of a lot of the ABL guys. If their parents were only American citizens when they were born I think it will be difficult for them to go PBA even if they have the blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information