Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100

Thread: 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Serbia team, that is already in Argentina:

    Lazar Vasić
    Stevan Karapandžić
    Vladan Musić
    David Petrušev
    Lazar Živanović
    Đorđe Pažin
    Aleksa Marković
    Aleksej Pokuševski
    Nemanja Popović
    Aleksandar Langović
    Marko Pavićević
    Dušan Tanasković

    http://www.kss.rs/santa-fe/?langcir=lat

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Canada team named:

    Keon Ambrose-Hylton, 6'7"
    Keeshawn Barthelemy, 6'1"
    Charles Bediako, 6'11"
    Josh Hemmings, 6'8"
    Caleb Houstan, 6'8"
    Benjamin Krikke, 6'8"
    Cashius McNeilly, 6'3"
    Tre-Vaughn Minott, 6'8"
    Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe, 6'7"
    Addison Patterson, 6'5"
    Shemar Rathan-Mayes, 5'11"
    Luka Sakota, 6'4"

    Good size, with seven players 2 m+. Only five return from 2017 U16 team, including the top three scorers (McNeilly, Rathan-Mayes and Sakota). Bediako and Patterson have played at the last U18 Fiba Americas.

    http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...team-announced

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Canada team named:

    Keon Ambrose-Hylton, 6'7"
    Keeshawn Barthelemy, 6'1"
    Charles Bediako, 6'11"
    Josh Hemmings, 6'8"
    Caleb Houstan, 6'8"
    Benjamin Krikke, 6'8"
    Cashius McNeilly, 6'3"
    Tre-Vaughn Minott, 6'8"
    Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe, 6'7"
    Addison Patterson, 6'5"
    Shemar Rathan-Mayes, 5'11"
    Luka Sakota, 6'4"

    Good size, with seven players 2 m+. Only five return from 2017 U16 team, including the top three scorers (McNeilly, Rathan-Mayes and Sakota). Bediako and Patterson have played at the last U18 Fiba Americas.

    http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...team-announced
    This is a big improvement from the silver medal team last year where we were missing many top prospects. That's a pretty good team for Canada for the U17 as it has almost all of our top prospects for this age group. It it might one of the deeper team we've ever fielded at that level, however it doesn't have the same kind of top end talent that previous teams with guys like Barrett, Wiggins and Murray had. The weakness (per usual) is we dont have any quality big men, which will inevitably show up against the US. But Canada will be a handful for any other country.

  4. #44
    Senior Member locdogjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    This is a big improvement from the silver medal team last year where we were missing many top prospects. That's a pretty good team for Canada for the U17 as it has almost all of our top prospects for this age group. It it might one of the deeper team we've ever fielded at that level, however it doesn't have the same kind of top end talent that previous teams with guys like Barrett, Wiggins and Murray had. The weakness (per usual) is we dont have any quality big men, which will inevitably show up against the US. But Canada will be a handful for any other country.
    I feel bad speaking ill of such young kids,
    but at all these youth levels we are forced to watch the Bediako brothers and they are just not up to this level. Especially compared to the guard and wing play. Hopefully in crunch time the coaches will find more creative solutions.

    Excited to see Cashius and Addisson ball.
    We The North

  5. #45
    Senior Member serbianhoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    880
    Country: Monaco

    Default

    Montenegro :

    Fedja Pajovic (Buducnost Podgorica)
    Luka Zivanovic (Buducnost Podgorica)
    Haris Karamanga (Mornar Bar)
    Zdravko Okiljevic (Orlandina, Italy)
    Stefan Vlahovic (Real Betis, Spain)
    Marko Kljajevic (Mega, Serbia)
    Jovan Kljajic (Gran Canaria, Spain)
    Viktor Vujisic (Buducnost Podgorica)
    Dordjije Marinovic (Studenski Centar Podgorica)
    Nikola Bojicic (MNE Team Niksic)
    Bojan Tomasevic (Crvena Zvezda, Serbia)
    Mileta Boskovic (Centar Bijelo Polje)

  6. #46
    Senior Member locdogjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Who do I need to watch in terms of future NBA prospects? America and Canada I am slightly familiar with, but what about the other squads? France has a few correct?

    Serbia? Australia? Is there a player on the level of Musa or Doncic?
    We The North

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    Who do I need to watch in terms of future NBA prospects? America and Canada I am slightly familiar with, but what about the other squads? France has a few correct?

    Serbia? Australia? Is there a player on the level of Musa or Doncic?
    Killian Hayes from France

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Turkey

    Ömer Can İlyasoğlu-Anadolu Efes
    Mustafa Kurtuldum-Anadolu Efes
    Tarık Sezgün-Anadolu Efes
    Atakan Erdek-Bandırma Kırmızı
    Furkan Haltalı-Banvit
    Önder Atun-Banvit
    Alperen Şengün-Banvit
    Tibet Deniz Görener-Darüşşafaka Basketbol
    Adem Bona-İstanbul Basket
    Çağatay Özkan-Pınar Karşıyaka
    Ömer Yasir Küçük-Ted Ankara Kolejliler
    Kerem Öztürk-New Hampton School /ABD

  9. #49
    Senior Member serbianhoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    880
    Country: Monaco

  10. #50
    Senior Member serbianhoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    880
    Country: Monaco

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    Serbia? Australia? Is there a player on the level of Musa or Doncic?
    I would say 6'11" point forward Pokusevski because of his size and vision. A kind of young day's Kukoc. He can pull up on anybody already. The only thing missing right now from being a complete player is his inability to take anyone into the post because of his lack of weight.

  11. #51
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,328
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    Who do I need to watch in terms of future NBA prospects? America and Canada I am slightly familiar with, but what about the other squads? France has a few correct?

    Serbia? Australia? Is there a player on the level of Musa or Doncic?
    From Croatia Prkačin looks like future lottery prospect. He will be one of youngest players., can play all 5 positions at the moment. He has strong and athletic body and if he reaches his father's body size he could and as a superstar. Matej Rudan is intriguing. 207 with huge wingspan. Is quite skilled, but needs to perfect skills. He has range on his shot, but totally broken. He has bit like Gianns body. Not that athletic tough. Gnjidić 2m PG, kind a like Planinic with better athletic abilities, but he is very undifined. I think personally he is very weak in head. But has potential.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,459
    Country: United States

    Default

    Dominican Republic team:

    Lorenzo Baldera
    Giancarlo Bastianoni
    Enmanuel Ferreras
    Jhamyl Fricas
    Sdenry Gonzalez
    David Jones
    Jean Montero
    Richard Ortega
    Alexis Reyes
    Isaiah Rivera
    Emmanuel Rodriguez
    Giancarlo Valdez

    Only five players back from last year's U16 team, which finished fifth in the FIBA-Americas tournament. Jones was the top scorer (19 ppg) and also played for the U18 team a couple weeks ago. The newcomers are pretty solid--Reyes already has some major college offers, and Gonzalez plays for Real Madrid's youth teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,459
    Country: United States

    Default

    USA beat Puerto Rico 106-46 in an unofficial scrimmage and then France 82-46 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    More details on USA-France exhibition game here.
    Carey led all scorers with 18 points and 7/7 FG, followed by Roach (14), Harmon and Stewart (13). Weems good in defense with 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. There was a video stream of the game on https://twitter.com/cabboficial, but now it's apparently gone. France with just 27% from the field was led by Cazalon with 8 points.
    In the other exhibition Serbia edged Argentina 68-59 in a game that was close up to 5' remaining (54-53). Langovic (20 pts), Tanaskovic (15) and Karapandzic (10) led Serbian team, Milovich (15), Bertona and Copes (10) were high for Argentina.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Canada’s first exhibition game was a one point win over Australia.

    Write up on the game can be found here.
    https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/201...eat-australia/

  16. #56
    Senior Member locdogjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Canada’s first exhibition game was a one point win over Australia.

    Write up on the game can be found here.
    https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/201...eat-australia/
    THey've had some scrimmages with Batang GIlas as well I believe
    We The North

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    THey've had some scrimmages with Batang GIlas as well I believe
    You are correct. They also played together as a team in the Adidas Nations of something like that in early June.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    643
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Some great stuff on RealGM from Hair Canada on Team Canada
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=32&t=1719573


    And run downs on the rest of the contenders and some good insight into their top prospects. Looks like no one should touche the USA per usual and likely France then Canada/Australia with the best talent after that.
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=32&t=1719571
    Last edited by mojo13; 06-28-2018 at 12:47 AM.

  19. #59
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,639
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    THey've had some scrimmages with Batang GIlas as well I believe
    Canada beat batang gilas by 35 points. Two of our players got sprained. Hope they'll still make it despite the injury.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,459
    Country: United States

    Default

    US over Serbia 100-65. More competitive game than the final score indicates, it was a 15-20 point margin throughout the second half until the US ran away with it late. Serbia matched up better physically than previous opponents. US could use some three-point shooting, but 36 and 35 point wins over two of the top contenders looks ominous for the remainder of the tournament field. RJ Hampton hasn't played in the exhibition games.

    France beat Argentina 91-74.

    Dominican Republic beat Egypt 97-80 yesterday and New Zealand 95-72 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •