Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 U16 International Tournament in Sakarya (Turkey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...c00877a2c3f8cd

There aren't many such examples, because it's very hard to prove. But it's actually not about criminality. Because of the mess in Africa many people don't even know how exactly old they are.

Deceased 7ft6 basketball player Manute Bol may have lied about his age when coming to the U.S. in the 1980s, and could have played in the NBA in his 40s or even his 50s.

"I gave him his birthday because they didn't know how old he was". And this case is typical for many former and current players who came from Africa.

The 1st link takes me an article about the Jazz's 11 game winning streak.

The 2nd link takes me to a story about Manute Bol. Who played in the 80s. And was born in the 60s. Or the 50s according to this article (by the not very reliable Daily Mail by the way)

Seriously? This is the best you can do? One halfbaked example from a player born over 55 years ago?

Let me make it easy for you: since France and Spain are the 2 nations that you suspect to have players whose birth dates are not reliable, please give me examples from where the age of a player who played for their youth nation teams is in doubt. Just the past 5 years will do, no need to go further back in time.

Thanks.

Comment

I don't need the paper proof because its impossible to get that, an eye test is enough , those African "boys" for an example in Real Madrid cadet team , they look like full grown man compared to other kids, already physically formed individuals . I mean the big men ,centers and forwards . There is no jealousy or envy because non of them will become big stars, or basketball legends, they are dominating competition with their physical tools not with the natural talents. You asked the question do I feel the same about Spanish federation recruiting south east European kids for their NT. My answer is yes, Spanish federation is just sad , can't produce their own stars anymore so they are basically stealing other kids from other countries, buying off their parents , I don't know who's more sad executives of the spanish basketball federation or the sell out parents. Right now they are trying the same crap with Mario Nakic, hopefully Serbian Federation will make the things harder for them since Fiba is the most corrupted sport organization in the entire world, we know they are making rules in favor of cheaters like Spain .
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...c00877a2c3f8cd

There aren't many such examples, because it's very hard to prove. But it's actually not about criminality. Because of the mess in Africa many people don't even know how exactly old they are.

Deceased 7ft6 basketball player Manute Bol may have lied about his age when coming to the U.S. in the 1980s, and could have played in the NBA in his 40s or even his 50s.

"I gave him his birthday because they didn't know how old he was". And this case is typical for many former and current players who came from Africa.
        Ibaka, Biyombo,Maker and every african prospect in the last 15 years , all of them had fishy stories regards to their age.

Comment

Also people who are easy to throwing terms and labels like racist are in reality the real racist, everything you throw at me it reflects on you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
            I don't need the paper proof because its impossible to get that, an eye test is enough , those African "boys" for an example in Real Madrid cadet team , they look like full grown man compared to other kids, already physically formed individuals
            Well I am going to give you the paper proof that you are unable to provide.

Over the past 5 years (2013-17) in the Spanish U16 and U18 teams there have been the grand total of 2 players born in Africa. Alex Tamayo (South Africa) and Ilimane Diop (Senegal). Everyone else, including Garuba, Dike, etc... are born in Spain.

For France there have been 4: Bazille (Burkina Faso), Doumbouya (Guinea) Billon (Mali), Rucklin (Togo). All the others are born in France.

Of these 6 African born players, I am unaware of any of them having his age questioned. Doumbouya is a major prospect (who moved to France at the age of 1) and there has been zero questioning that he is anything but a 2000 born.

So there you have it. Of course if you want to rely on your 'eye test', be my guest. But as long as you don't have actual proof that players on either France or Spain are older than they should be, you are kindly invited to refrain from throwing unwarranted suspicions around.

And just on a personal note, the language you use to describe black players has clear racist undertones.

Comment

Also people who are easy to throwing terms and labels like racist are in reality the real racist, everything you throw at me it reflects on you buddy.
              I completely agree. Somehow it has become in vogue to just throw out those labels extremely loosely. It just cheapens the meaning and the actual racists and racism that occurs.
              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

No buddy, that’s not how it works. That is kindergarten logic. Please show me where I have made a racist statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiris View Post
                  Well I am going to give you the paper proof that you are unable to provide.

Over the past 5 years (2013-17) in the Spanish U16 and U18 teams there have been the grand total of 2 players born in Africa. Alex Tamayo (South Africa) and Ilimane Diop (Senegal). Everyone else, including Garuba, Dike, etc... are born in Spain.

For France there have been 4: Bazille (Burkina Faso), Doumbouya (Guinea) Billon (Mali), Rucklin (Togo). All the others are born in France.

Of these 6 African born players, I am unaware of any of them having his age questioned. Doumbouya is a major prospect (who moved to France at the age of 1) and there has been zero questioning that he is anything but a 2000 born.

So there you have it. Of course if you want to rely on your 'eye test', be my guest. But as long as you don't have actual proof that players on either France or Spain are older than they should be, you are kindly invited to refrain from throwing unwarranted suspicions around.

And just on a personal note, the language you use to describe black players has clear racist undertones.
                  The birth certificates are easy to fake, it doesn't matter where the player is born. Turkish basketball federation is very known of doing that for an example. Its enough to see Real Madrid under 14 squad , two of their big guys look like they are in their twenties , except their size and bulk they are not that talented at all .

Comment

The birth certificates are easy to fake, it doesn't matter where the player is born. Turkish basketball federation is very known of doing that for an example. Its enough to see Real Madrid under 14 squad , two of their big guys look like they are in their twenties , except their size and bulk they are not that talented at all .
                    Of course it is just a pure coincidences that those players happen to be black right? I mean all you complain about is black players being too old, but if the Spanish federation falsifies birth certificates, as you allege without a shred of proof, then why don't they also do it for white kids? Sorry man, your logic makes no sense at all.

Comment

If i would think that every black player was born in Africa would i need to ask that question? As the comment above claimes it's about possible fake birth certifications. It has nothing to do with a racism.

Because of people like you, because of so many stupid people thousands of "witches" were executed in medievals and tons of people who are not racists are claimed to be so by those like you nowadays. It became a shameful massive social thing that has to do with people like you much more than with a racism because there isn't a racism in many cases. This one is one of them.

There too many stupid West politicians are killing West World for voting.

Comment

It is worth mentioning that France won the tournament without its best prospect Moussa Diabate.

At 6’10”, 190 lbs., the 2021 Florida Prep big man already has offers from Memphis, Georgia Tech, UNLV, Virginia Tech and Miami. He also has earned interest from UF, Louisville and Indiana.

Diabate arrived in the United States just last year. The 15-year-old began playing basketball only two years ago. Born and raised in Paris, France, he says that he worked on his fundamentals back home and called the game different there.

In terms of his 8th grade season, Diabate said it wasn’t easy to adjust to a new language, culture and different style of play.

“I think I really improved on every facet of my game from shooting to ball handling, etc. I’ve also adjusted to the pace of the game,” Diabate told Prep Hoops Florida. “For this upcoming season, I just want to be the best player I can be and be one of the leaders on my team. I never played varsity before so I’m excited about competing at this level and win the state championship.”

He played the first part of the summer with Nike South Beach before also contributing with 1Family in July. Diabate said both were good experiences that helped him elevate his game.

Diabate wants to be recognized among the top players in the nation and he looks forward to competing at the 17U level in 2018.

He called his versatility and high motor his biggest strengths. Diabate didn’t point out a certain aspect he wanted to improve saying he wants to get better all around.

This kid is rising fast and colleges are taking notice. Diabate is a physical specimen. If he can continue to get stronger in his upper body and in his post game, he’ll be hard to slow down. He will be part of an always contending Florida Prep program. Expect good things from the freshman center.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information