Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 U20 European Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    Two insane results in quarter finals.
    the last 2 games of the quarter finals are also strong candidates for being massive blow-outs
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    FIBA keep this stupid format when all the teams go to play off stage
    As i said, too much stupid format making no sense all the games in the group. And our team that won the group goes to relegation game. It was a great 3pt ending in Spain-Lithuania game though...

Wins of Croatia against Italy .I thought Italy have bigger chances .Because are tactically better and they are better character .I think that first half are more credible about qualities this two teams .Italy about 18 minutes in offense played good,and about 22 played very bad .They have plan ,which was good,but players werent for achive this plan.They should to play more in row near to basket for Caruso and Simione,they could make problem against Ljubicic ,Colak,Proleta. In situation in which shoot didnt work is necessary alternative solution like play with pass more or low post with forwards .Play of Italy was reduced od basic play,creation of action for 3,4 best players in their area ,shooting from correct position and waiting to something happen and mistake of Croatia .

From other side ,Croatia played first and fourth quarter very good ,second and third Italy throwd Croatia out zone of comfort .I tihnk coach of Croatia dont uses all qualities of her players ,for example Nakic,also Uljarevic. Kalajzic have most time on ball ,he cant to do this,6 turnovers,simply he isnt point guard. Uljarevic have all qualies to be point guard before Kalajzic ,he make some good decisions moves ,shoots in 4th quarter,but he can more .

Croatia have quick team,its preetty obviously in defence ,makes problems for Italy ,many rebounds are made over guards and forwards,because athletically are better than Italians ,which didnt successed to used better contact play in regard to Croatia .And one thing I missed,key players in Croatia are on postiion 1 to 3 so they dont have depth so Italy could to oppose Croatia on difference annd they could o win .I am sorry because i was long .

How bad is this generation of Serbia .First half disaster ,second half correct and nothing more,but France completelly failled .With their play on first half,they didnt will be champions ,but sure will win this game with 10 and more points .That highlights on how level is Serbia.Radanov played excellent,and nothing else didnt played good .Surely,they wouldnt be first,medal are also very discutable .Last year also was very bad on this torunament and 2 years ago also was bed .Its known that Serbian players are specially problems on crossing amongst junior and senior level,which additionally perplex problems .

At finally Serbia successed to lose gome,deserved.Congratulations to France .Also,behaviour of our players are shameful ,acting of fouls,protest to reffree without reason,acting surprise .Thereto ,Serbians , unfortunately ,are inclined in sport .

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    At finally Serbia successed to lose gome,deserved.Congratulations to France .Also,behaviour of our players are shameful ,acting of fouls,protest to reffree without reason,acting surprise .Thereto ,Serbians , unfortunately ,are inclined in sport .
    I could not watch the game. It looks very strange that Serbia lost the game from 59-52 to 59-60, by scoring no points in the last 4 mins.

We didnt deserved to leed 59-52 .France was preetty better team first half ,Serbia played rudimentary,without creativity,authenticity what France have .France was in crisis third quarter,Radanov played excellent,defence of Serbia was on higher level ,but attack was enforced,too shooting for 3 points,which wasnt worked ,it was much offensive rebound for us .In finish France reminds on first half and Serbia back also in fist half ,and miss 3 consequently attacks in last minutes after offensive rebound .Tchouaffe and Fevrier played excellent in Serbia Radanov is the only one worthwile .

Germany advances to semis, and our kids seem to have been obliterated in the 2nd quarter.

Simanic was a big dissapointment from Serbia. What happened to him, doesn't he progress?? I remember him having some good games with FMP this year and some good 3p shooting.

I've just realized the mascot of the tournament is Karl-Marx
    apparently Chemnitz was previously called Karl-Marx-Stadt in the East Germany until the Berlin wall fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I've just realized the mascot of the tournament is Karl-Marx
    apparently Chemnitz was previously called Karl-Marx-Stadt in the East Germany until the Berlin wall fell.
    Good one! Left wing tournament
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Is this first medal in Israeli bb history?
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Unless you don't count MTA EL trophies
    2019/2020:
    PG: Wilbekin, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Dorsey, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    Unless you don't count MTA EL trophies
    I asked about Israeli medals, not Maccabi trophies

Thanks for the ans btw.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

do you mean the gold medals? am I not getting the joke? didn't they have get a few silver medals, including the one last year?

do you mean the gold medals? am I not getting the joke? didn't they have get a few silver medals, including the one last year?
    Yep. We have 3 silvers (2000, 2004, 2017).
    One silver with the national team at 1979
    2019/2020:

no, i was to lazy to check.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

no, i was to lazy to check.
    somehow the first thing that came to my mind was that Halperin-Eliyahu team (that lost the final to Erazem Lorbek & Slovenia) ages ago, even before the last year's team with Blatt's son and his 3 pointers from 10m. Why is this guy (Tamir Blatt) not making impact on senior level btw?

tight game on the other semis. and the FIBA commentator is funny, talking about lollipop flavors and such.

somehow the first thing that came to my mind was that Halperin-Eliyahu team (that lost the final to Erazem Lorbek & Slovenia) ages ago, even before the last year's team with Blatt's son and his 3 pointers from 10m. Why is this guy (Tamir Blatt) not making impact on senior level btw?

tight game on the other semis. and the FIBA commentator is funny, talking about lollipop flavors and such.
    And Burstein - Green - Mizrahi team at 2000, which beat Gasol&Navarro easy
    2019/2020:

Tamir Blatt was fine this year in a good team as Hapoel Holiness, I think he transferred now to Hapoel Jerusalem but I'm not sure the transfer is done... He is still young to make impact in Euroleague but I believe he is on a good way to make it, despite lacking physical abilities. Congratulations to Israel from me too, I think they are a strong favourite for the gold and also Zoosman didn't show off, while he is good of course. What do you think about Deni Avdija??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast