Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 U20 European Championship

You will never envolve

Jere Macra won Croatian dunk contest several times. Wonder is his son athletic like him?
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Did I write something wrong or do you have a problem with the genealogical facts of the Macura family ?

Recent basketball history is littered with professional siblings, from the Hernangomez brothers, the World Cup-winning Gasols, Antetokounmpos or Dragics.

But rare are the siblings who have played for different national teams. Among those, since today, one finds the Alibegovic brothers whose Bosnia-born & Slovenia-raised father Teoman played for the Yugoslavia U18 and U19 national teams in the late 80s and later chose to represent Slovenia when the country fall apart.

Teoman's middle son Amar has previously chosen to play for Bosnia and Herzegovina while the cadet Denis has chosen to pull on the shirt of Slovenia.

It remains to be seen for which country will play Teoman's oldest son Mirza if he reached the required level (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia and Italy may claim him).

And, also, what will be the choice of their cousin Luka Garza when it comes to deciding where his international allegiances lie (USA, Slovenia or Bosnia and Herzegovina).

Sorry guys for the possibly dumb question, I don't see Bosnia neither in A or B division. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by serbianhoops View Post
    Did I write something wrong or do you have a problem with the genealogical facts of the Macura family ?
    I personally find this type of background information truly interesting. No need to read intentions.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Both French and Croatian players will miss good amount of WC finale today.
    Nice job Fiba

I watched tomorrow Spain-Ukraine and Croatia-France .Spain is much better than Ukraine,happy and other things are match up Ukraine ,point guards in Spain Figueras have solid potential ,creating for others ,Font make 29 points,over average athletic ability ,good tehnique of shoot .Few else players shows something like Vila,Puerto,Maura,Horobchenko,Tyrtschnyk .

France-Croatia ,Croatia is better for half level athletically and for one and a half technically . Uljarevic is very talented,played very good,he have feeling for play ,athletically is good,excellent play on defence on pnr .Nakic which played poorly ,has great potential ,who watch him on Euroleague junior tournament,he could see that .Colak also showed good improvisation ,maybe his base are on big level but he good correct that .

In France,team- based,they are missing play which can play 1on1 ,breakthrough ,back .Their play are too without solution,shoot for 3 points,which them dont functioned .Need to mention their good defence,also Croatia have good defence,and problem for France in attack was very mobile defence of Croatia .In France,I like Tchouaffe,he have phisical condition ,he can to make breakthrough ,diagonal stand,reminds me on Batum .Sinha point-guard back up,also showed more than first point guard,similar case like Figueras ,also Vautier center ,stastically is poor ,but make solid job ,he have good rebound,defence ,vision of game .

All Turkish youth teams’ (U-16, U17 U18, U20) bball IQ is painfully low. They are really talented but play like headless chikens. We should teach them how to dribble, how to pass, how to box-out, when to pass, when to shoot etc but instead they are just running, making meaningless pressure. We really dont need to win games, we really need to win those kids Mr. S. Erdoğan and Mr. Turkoglu.
    İt is no coincedence that Furkan and Cedi become much more better players in just a year over NBA, although they did not play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    All Turkish youth teams’ (U-16, U17 U18, U20) bball IQ is painfully low. They are really talented but play like headless chikens. We should teach them how to dribble, how to pass, how to box-out, when to pass, when to shoot etc but instead they are just running, making meaningless pressure. We really dont need to win games, we really need to win those kids Mr. S. Erdoğan and Mr. Turkoglu.
    İt is no coincedence that Furkan and Cedi become much more better players in just a year over NBA, although they did not play at all.
    I haven't been able to watch the games so far in the U20, but this roster - I think - has Sehmus Hazer as the smartest player, who is normally able to stay calm even at senior level.
    Onuralp Bitim already seems like a headcase for a few years now. too bad, he's the most talented one.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I haven't been able to watch the games so far in the U20, but this roster - I think - has Sehmus Hazer as the smartest player, who is normally able to stay calm even at senior level.
    Onuralp Bitim already seems like a headcase for a few years now. too bad, he's the most talented one.
    Bitim was getting the same hype with Doncic and Musa 3 three years ago. His game has fallen at undeniable low degree over few years. Incredible downfall. Never ever seen a prospect disappeared from sight that fast in my life. He has serious mental issues. Leave alone affecting his teammates on court badly as usually arguing with them, the coach can't stand him because of his unnecessarily huge ego. He has to get his acts together before being obliterated by himself.

FIBA keep this stupid format when all the teams go to play off stage

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    FIBA keep this stupid format when all the teams go to play off stage
    and as the group winner, you match-up Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    and as the group winner, you match-up Spain.
    In that group Spain, France and Ukraine looked more or less equal, but i definitely would choose Ukraine over Spain in 1/8 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    In that group Spain, France and Ukraine looked more or less equal, but i definitely would choose Ukraine over Spain in 1/8 game.
    aaand Spain eliminated Lithuania. may even become the champion after being the last in the group. weird format indeed.

Firs victime of system of competition is Lithuania . We saw good game,Lithuania played with amplitudes like in group,periods on high level and crisis are replaced .Spania thanks to Font,Figueras and Puerta won ,they played excellent finish ,3 quarters are almost disaster .Spain will be one of three or fourt teams which pretend to win tournament ,also Lithunia would be if won in this game.

is croatia good here or others are bad? last time i pay attention to this genertion they go from a to b division

Quote Originally Posted by euskadi View Post
    is croatia good here or others are bad? last time i pay attention to this genertion they go from a to b division
    This generation had lot of problems in past. 98./99. Is bit untypical Croatian team. Very deep, no star prospects, and strong on guards. We are missing a lot of players and it works very good for them. This generation should give 10-15 ABA league players and hopefully 2 PG for national team in Kalajzic and Uljarevic. Overall Toni Nakic is most talented, and he has jet to realize how talented is he.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

wow Turkey-Ukraine game is almost +60 at the moment (99-40).

Ok, 104-46 final score.

It still bugs me how Turkey got blown out by the Lithuanians.
    Is it because Onuralp Bitim being the cancer of the team?
    Since he is on the bench for the last 2 games the team is playing on a whole different level .

Two insane results in quarter finals.Ukraine showed win against Spain was preetty occassionally,i wathed this game,but I expected that they in some case could win Turkey France showed defence style ,without much talents,phisically strong team,and generally they play collectively , misses of Montenegro are numerous ,somehow in smuggler style,what we said in Serbia,they look like correct team .

About Croatia what someone asked ,It seems to me like one of 5 the best team on tournament .Style is a similar senior team .Juncture of speed ,height and solid technique ,in some defficit with strength . Uljarevic showed very sense for play ,matureness,at generally is talented,Colak have expressive improvisation,and good phisical qualities ,Nakic is biggest talent ,although he didnt showed for now on this tournament .Others showed partially qualities ,somewise,Dreznjak have feeling for play and good shoot,Kalajzic is obvious talented ,athletically is excellent and technically solid,but miss adroitness and them miss sense for play .

Croatia have very tough rival in quarter-final Italy ,in it 4 or 5 players were second in world u19 last year ,Morretti ,Oxillia and Buccarelli are yet good players on senior level ,they are tactically better then Croatia, they are more competitive ,Croatia a are more talented ,so will be derby of quarter-finals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast