2018 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    somehow the first thing that came to my mind was that Halperin-Eliyahu team (that lost the final to Erazem Lorbek & Slovenia) ages ago, even before the last year's team with Blatt's son and his 3 pointers from 10m. Why is this guy (Tamir Blatt) not making impact on senior level btw?

tight game on the other semis. and the FIBA commentator is funny, talking about lollipop flavors and such.
    Yeah, I completley forgott about Halperin Eliyahu duo.

But this is first U-20 medal in our history. And by generation that had worst result at u-18 level in our history.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Over the course of the competition I think it's fair to say the two best TEAMS are in the final and that Avdija is by far the best NBA prospect of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
        Tamir Blatt was fine this year in a good team as Hapoel Holiness, I think he transferred now to Hapoel Jerusalem but I'm not sure the transfer is done... He is still young to make impact in Euroleague but I believe he is on a good way to make it, despite lacking physical abilities. Congratulations to Israel from me too, I think they are a strong favourite for the gold and also Zoosman didn't show off, while he is good of course. What do you think about Deni Avdija??
        Thank you. it would be nice watching him in international stage.

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
        But this is first U-20 medal in our history. And by generation that had worst result at u-18 level in our history.
        both facts are quite strange . it was a well-deserved win today in front of of home crowd. congrats for the final.

@serbianhoops, any background info on Filip Stanic? Google-search says there is a Croat bball player born in Zagreb with that name, but not sure if that's the one.
        Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-21-2018, 09:15 PM.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

As far as I know Filip Stanic was born in Germany to Croat parents from Herzegovina, more precisely from Tomislavgrad.

Comment

Thank you. it would be nice watching him in international stage.

both facts are quite strange . it was a well-deserved win today in front of of home crowd. congrats for the final.

@serbianhoops, any background info on Filip Stanic? Google-search says there is a Croat bball player born in Zagreb with that name, but not sure if that's the one.
            Sorry for the typos also my friend, new mobile phone you see

Comment

I've just realized the mascot of the tournament is Karl-Marx
              apparently Chemnitz was previously called Karl-Marx-Stadt in the East Germany until the Berlin wall fell.
              Something unusually pulled me to follow this torunament more frequently than others ,and know i realized .

Comment

Berke Atar managed to be the most effective center of the tournament on offensive end (15.1 PPG, 63% FG in 24.1 MPG). Yet, lack of defensive effort can't be appreciated and takes many things from his potential. He has great tools to pose threat on defense, but doesn't seem to use them because of having uncaring attitudes on court when he faces the opponent. He resembles Semih Erden in many aspects. Hopefully, he will be made to learn to ignite his energy to use for defensive appetite. Big potential, should be treasured by Banvit this season.

Anyone has a thought on Borisa Simanic? It is hard to say he is justified all the hypes on him in this tournament.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I dare congratulations to Israel on half time ,no because result.Magnigicent play of Israel,through full tournament ,in senior basketball this team would be on high half of Eurocup . Very talented players,like Beni which is old-fashion style ,what I like,very inteligent,Brisker high sense for play,hight ahtletic abilities,versality of Zoosman, team player like Avdija,good move of Fleischer.No hurry ,good improvisation,good team play,good coach . Last years ,Israel was second on Euro u 20 ,now is confidentially first.Good chances Israel will be ongoing giant in Europe in next 6 or 7 years .

Comment

Congratulations Israel, well deserved!

I hope Kalajzic can be something like Markovic, defensive star on PG and Uljarevic can develope as good skilled PG. We desperetley need some fresh PG's
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Like Nemanja, Pohani and others, kudos for Israel for their performance with their well balanced team. A pleasure to see them play like this, great team work on both ends.

As for France, i am still trying to recover from watching our team play, even if we were missing quite some guys. But that does not excuse our poor display. It was almost a shame to fight for a medal.

Comment

Congratulations Israeli guys for your first gold medal in a Euro national competitions, with clear victories all the way to the top.
                        let's see if these guys can make impact on the senior level.
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information