2018 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srle View Post
    But its sad that many country's are importing black kids from Africa with the hope that they will dominate the basketball in the future, that tells me that national teams like Spain ,Italy are not believers in their own kids talent. Spain and Italy are not surprise for having lots of African kids on their roster but now we see Finland,Poland,Bulgaria and those lower level basketball countries my goodness.
    Importing? These kids are not being imported. They are born in these countries. They have as much a right to play for their countries as white kids.

Comment

Some of them are questionable, their ages etc. Most of them wont have big careers as seniors , also the names that they carry like Golden Dike ,Godspower, its like somebody was giving them bogus names on the fly , probably forged birth certificates, things of that nature.
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Some of them are questionable, their ages etc. Most of them wont have big careers as seniors , also the names that they carry like Golden Dike ,Godspower, its like somebody was giving them bogus names on the fly , probably forged birth certificates, things of that nature.
        Such names are common thing in Africa, especially Nigeria, lot of footballers had some "interesting" names like Success, Fortune, or smth related to god. I'm strictly against naturalization, but regarding Garuba there's nothing wrong. Born in Spain, grew up there, learned to play there. Globalisation. Anyway, kids with African roots usualy mature faster than f.e. North European, so that doesn't mean that he'll be beasting around in senior bball too, even tho it looks like kid has some skills, not only physicall domination like at times it happens at such age

Comment

Funny how no one complains that Nikola Karabatic plays handball for France, even though he is actually born in Serbia and moved to France as a kid. But then again he is white.

Comment

But its sad that many country's are importing black kids from Africa with the hope that they will dominate the basketball in the future, that tells me that national teams like Spain ,Italy are not believers in their own kids talent. Spain and Italy are not surprise for having lots of African kids on their roster but now we see Finland,Poland,Bulgaria and those lower level basketball countries my goodness.
            I see no bad at all at what you describe, first these kids are mostly living in these countries so why would you forbid them to play b-ball? And secondly I don't see any harm made to the other "local" talents, Spain and Italy always produce good players and they are only harmed from the lack of chances and playing time in the professional competitions. But the presence of some very talented immigrant kids rises the competition and that's good. And especially for my country Greece, having Antetokounmpo here was a real and unexpected blessing for greek basketball, not only because he is such a great player but also because he is a huge inspiration for young kids to play basketball, and in a period that greek basketball looked like been in a fall after the great generation of Papa, Vspan and 3d.

Comment

Bogradović can be translated as God given,

BTW. Negro as far as I know is not considered racism. It's Niger what's is considered as insult. But anyway those who were born or grew up in one country for me are domestic players. It's really pointless discuss. Garuba is Spanish as much as I am Croatian...Tough he does look suspicious
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Impressive win for us, especially on the defensive end (Germany could not attack the paint in the 1st half, 14 fg's in the paint for 28%, 15 from 3 with 33% in 1st half, only 4 ft rewarded). With Ouedraogo at the 5 (who is a defensive beast, despite his lack of size and verticality) and Diabaté at the 4.
                Batcho replaced him and he impacted the game immediately. He is looking like our next big thing, with some Diaw in him (albeit he is scoring much more at Insep).
                Our backcourt is as we expected dominated by Begarin (insep but Asvel after normally), who is strong in 1/1 but also very selfish unfortunately. He tends to waste good opportunity to improve his stat sheet (at least that's the feeling i have watching him play). otoh, he is a true two ways player.
                Demahis-Ballou is also interesting as he is almost not turning the ball over with a very secure dribble including when he faces some trap and full court press.
                Anyway our level of play is pretty decent from what i could see even though we don't run a lot of pnr except when Batcho is on the court (Ouedraogo tends to run to the hold the low post, and Diabaté does not set good picks, and i pass on his 5 or 6 sec camping in the paint even though they never call it apparently).

I am glad we won though. Germany was playing with pg called Baggette, it would have been quite a bad day if we had lost.

Comment

This kid is now best player of still unbeaten BiH team in division B, who would expect that. Most of "prospects" from USA in previous generations sucked.

Alem Huseinovic Sophomore 190cm SG from AZ on his way to BiH to play w U16 team on tryouts. A good shooter who averaged 10.9ppg 2.1rb shot 50/37/86 on varsity team. One of better prospects from AZ.

But it isn't a complete surprise, couple of years ago he spent some time in BiH and in meantime played in Bosnian U - 14 league and he was best player in the league. Seems like they actually know something about basketball in the USA.
                  Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiris View Post
                    Funny how no one complains that Nikola Karabatic plays handball for France, even though he is actually born in Serbia and moved to France as a kid. But then again he is white.
                    he was born in Serbia while his father played in Niš, his father is a croat and mother is a serb.
                    they moved to France when he was a kid and stayed there.
                    at the end he is playing for France and not for Croatia or Serbia.
                    offtopic out

we lost to Turkey in a stupid manner and are now facing Lithuania who is winning by 40 points in average on this competition.
                    is it poor competition so far or extreme superiority.
                    I guess we will find out in couple of hours.
                    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

B division quarter-finals:

Russia - Great Britain
                      Czech Republic - Poland

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Iceland
                      Macedonia - Romania

Too bad for Ukraine, they won 3 games in group stage and only lost against Czech after the overtime and by 4 against home team(BiH), it wasn't enough.

Some surprising results in the tournament:

Iceland - Finland 77 : 74

Switzerland - Kosovo 73 : 83

Cyprus - Hungary 63 : 58

Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Nice block by Buljević on a buzzer beating lithuanian layup to seal the win for us.
                        hoping for the same result when we meet team Lithuania in september.
                        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                          Nice block by Buljević on a buzzer beating lithuanian layup to seal the win for us.
                          hoping for the same result when we meet team Lithuania in september.
                          Congrats. it was a close game all the way, with Croatia looking comfortably up in the last quarter and then about to choke in the last 5 mins. but Liths missed several chances to tie or lead the game at the end.

Efes should sign Prkacin Jr & Naumoski Jr if they want to bring back the good ol days
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                            he was born in Serbia while his father played in Niš, his father is a croat and mother is a serb.
                            they moved to France when he was a kid and stayed there.
                            at the end he is playing for France and not for Croatia or Serbia.
                            offtopic out
                            Exactly.

A white kid plays for a country that he wasnt born in, it’s off topic.

A black kid plays for a country that he was born in, the topic is that he must be ‘imported’. And older than his passport says.

Comment

Batcho probably out for the game against Croatia in semi finale. Huge blow for us but we will see. We did not face strong frontcourt so far, it will be a good test for Ouedraogo and Diabate, especially if they can remain away from foul trouble.
                              Nice match up between Begarin & Perasovic too. Could be a fun game, but man, i so wished Batcho could have played the whole tournament.

Comment

This is going to be the 11th semi final appearance of Turkish U-16 teams since 2003. That's followed by Spain's 10, Lithuania's 8, France and Serbia's 7 appearances at this level. We are elite when it comes to produce a talent, but developing and making him senior-ready player is totally a different profession. This is the point to be emphasized. We are flooded with prospects yet everyone interested in country basketball has serious doubts on even the most brightest talent of the country since we had very bitter experiences with the stalling development processes of talents in the past. We shall mind over these matters.

About Spain vs Turkey match-up, we are the only team that defeated Spaniards at prep period so we have a chance to do it again in tournament. Spanish frontcourt is monster, I wonder how our fundamentally-sound duo Haltalı and Şengün will cope with the likes of Garuba, Clement and Godspower. From Turkish team, Görener (2.02 - SF) is open to development and I really like his current skills, he is going to be the key player in this match-up.
                                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information