No announcement yet.

2018 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tišma and alderete are best prospects i think. for prkačin, and garuba especially, question is how good they can make transition in seniors while physically dominating u16.

Comment

Originally posted by miloje View Post
      tišma and alderete are best prospects i think. for prkačin, and garuba especially, question is how good they can make transition in seniors while physically dominating u16.
      Prkacin is very athletic for sure but he's a nice all around player and is quite skilled.
      On the other hand I have a lot of doubt about Garuba transition to the pros. The guy is a freak athlete for european standards but he has bad hands , poor ball handling skills and hasn't grown up
      The guy is what 202 or 203 that's concerning especially if he doesn't work on his offensive game he won't be able to uze his strength againt grown men.
      I liked Kennedy Clement in this game , nice shooting touch and great motor. Alderete is quite streaky. Tendero is a great slasher he's able to finish very well at the rim if he adds a consistant three point shoot I think he could become quite a player in the future.

Overall I thought Croatia played better and it was a well deserved win and a very exciting end of the game.

Comment

Best teams were in finale and the best team overall (best chemistry) won deservedly, so congrats Croats (and couple proud fathers). And nice podium overall, somehow logic considering teams depth & talent.

Comment

Last time when some Macedonian "Under" national team played in division A, that team had Samardzinski and Stojanovski brothers in roster. It was that long.
          Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Still missing a few prospects like Perasovic, Alderete etc

Comment

Interview with the Alem Huseinovic for the eurobasket.com, just to see things from his "American" angle.

Alem vas in the team of the tournament
              He averaged 27mpg 18.3ppg 2.9rbpg 1.5aspg 2.1stls and shot 51.7% from two, 41.8% from three and 85% from the free throw line.

Q) Where you born in the US or BiH? Did you have to get a BiH passport to represent the team this summer?
              A)I was born in the US, yes I got dual citizenship two years ago, it took about 4-5 weeks and I did it on my own.

Q) When did you start playing basketball?
              A)When I was about 5 years old my uncle had a hoop but even before that my parents bought me a mini one and I would shoot on that as a young child.

Q)How old where you when you realized basketball could be more than just fun? When did you realized you could have a future in basketball?
              A) I was about 11 or 12 and I started to work with a trainer, I started playing against tougher completion and did well. I knew I could do something more with my talents.

Q) What was your most memorable experience playing basketball?
              A) I was in 5th grade we were down 20pts with 2 minutes to go, we came all the way back and I hit a buzzer beater to win it.

Q) KSBiH hasn't invited a lot of Bosnian Americans to the team. How did you come into contact with the organization?
              A) I knew a lot about the senior team, I watched the games regularly. I played some with Kengur in Zenica and trained with them. They liked me, I would play with older guys who were born in the mid 90s and the coach put me in contact with someone from the National Team. They told me they were watching me and my progress.

Q) How was it working with Coach Prasovic and his staff?
              A)He welcomed me, he let me run and play up tempo. Not a lot of people knew about me and in the US we have a more aggressive style of play. He would let me inbound the ball, I would push it all the way up the court and score.

Q) Who's the toughest individual opponent you faced in the U16 tournament?
              A) No single player comes to mind. Russia was a tough opponent, against us they came out with a killer mindset and we weren't prepared. We fought our way back but we just ran out of time.

Q) What is the biggest challenge playing in Bosnia for the international team? What was the biggest adjustment?
              A) Teams in the US play more up tempo, aggressive and one on one. In America we play at a much faster pace than in Europe. In Bosnia it was more about passing to a teammate, ball movement and less dribbling. The hardest part is the Bosnian basketball language, I am fluent in Bosnian but on the court the terminology is different, same with practices, things are called out and called differently and it was an adjustment to getting used to that.

Q) What do you like most about playing in Sarajevo and playing for Bosnia?
              A) It was a great experience, getting the chance to represent your country is an honor. I had my dad with me, friends and family came out to the games and supported me and that was great. Playing in your home country and the crowd supported us, when we did well they replied with cheers and helped us.

Q) What is your favorite Bosnian food?
              A) Cevapci

Q) Have you visited the country regularly?
              A) Yes every year or every other year I come back home to Bosnia.

Q) What are your goals for your high school team this year?
              A) We want to win the state championship. We were knocked out in the first round last year but I think we have a good chance to win it all this year. We play in the first division and the completion is strong.

Q)) Do you think your experience this summer will help you with your High School team this year?
              A) Yes, most definitely it helped my basketball IQ and how I think and react in the game. Playing international basketball helps you understand the game better.

Q) You have a spectacular tournament, do your US friends know your now a bit of a celebrity in your home country?
              A) Yeah, but I keep it real cool with them. My friends watched my games and supported me.

Q) Have you had the chance to meet any of the Bosnians who play in the NBA?
              A) Yes, I have met Mirza Teletovic and Jusuf Nurkic. I hope I can meet Dzanan Musa now that he is in the NBA with Brooklyn.

Q) Your team has played very well only losing in the finals, what was the most memorable moment of the tournament this summer?
              A) Against Ukraine, I had 4 or 5 threes in a row in crunch time, it was one of my most favorite games.

Q) Who is your favorite Bosnian Basketball player?
              A) Most definitely Nurkic, I like his mentality, his style of play. Even though we play different positions he is still my favorite. He isn't afraid of anyone or anything on the court.

Q) Who is your favorite NBA player? What is your favorite NBA team?
              A) LeBron James is my favorite player. My favorite team is the Houston Rockets, their players and their different styles and skill sets are exciting.

Q) Who do you think will win the NBA title this year?
              A) Golden State Warriors but I am hoping for either the Lakers or Rockets.

Q) The burning question, who is better Micheal Jordan or LeBron James?
              A) LeBron, Jordan had a better supporting cast. He could have an off night and his team could still win. With James he has to play well every night or his team would lose. Jordan had Horace Grant, Scottie Pippen to rely on.

Thanks for your time Alem and good luck on the upcoming season!
              Last edited by BiHBasket; 09-02-2018, 01:30 PM.
              Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information