2018 U18 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srle View Post
    Lol at Serbia is very racist, are you by any cahance american, british ,australian, etc if you are please shut up, those are the most racist people on the planet earth. What an ignorant comment.

Turkey missed an easy put back for the win.
    Are you really gonna try to sit here and say that Serbia isn't know for being racist? Just own it and try to encourage your country mates to stop it.

Everton Luiz’s tearful response to appalling abuse at FK Rad highlighted an old problem in Serbia but clubs are powerless and frightened to intervene against the ultras

Partizan Belgrade midfielder Everton Luiz was in tears after persistent racist chants during his team's victory over Rad in the Serbian league
    Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
      Are you really gonna try to sit here and say that Serbia isn't know for being racist? Just own it and try to encourage your country mates to stop it.

Everton Luiz’s tearful response to appalling abuse at FK Rad highlighted an old problem in Serbia but clubs are powerless and frightened to intervene against the ultras

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rbia/98153058/
      I dont care about your stupid media, tel me where you from first , if you are from Britain or United States you should stfu asap, you invented racism , don't give me crap about some stupid drunk ignorant fans on the stands , it happens everywhere in the world, Spain,Italy, England,Russia,USA etc.
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Wow All 4 teams from group D is in top 8 =DD
        Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

Montenegro 83 Spain 78

Wow! Montenegro was 0-3 in Group D while Spain was 3-0 in Group C and had outscored the opposition 276-172 in its three Group games. The present system where every team makes the Playoffs leaves me wondering why the Group games are played at all.

Comment

Best BiH player Kamenjaš was kicked out from the team two days before the tournament because of "bad behaviour" and now we will play in the division B.
            Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

A team that should not have been here in the first place, Latvia, will play the semis and may even win the tournament.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                Best BiH player Kamenjaš was kicked out from the team two days before the tournament because of "bad behaviour" and now we will play in the division B.
                Why your U20 team doesn't play even there?

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  A team that should not have been here in the first place, Latvia, will play the semis and may even win the tournament.
                  No way Russia will beat them in the semis, they are not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                    Why your U20 team doesn't play even there?
                    "Lack of funding".
                    Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      I haven’t been following it, how come Latvia got an opportunity to play at this year division A event since they finished last in 2017.?
                      FIBA being FIBA or?

Edit: found it on the first page of the topic

Editnr.2: same story with Greece this year, they can’t be relegated.
                      Last edited by Picek; 08-05-2018, 09:19 AM.
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

All this FIBA system is stupid. Now B.div. bronze game winner won't get a ticket to A div. just because Greece is going to take U18 tournament next summer and won't relegate as they should because of 14th place.

Comment

France with another disappointing tournament in terms of basket skills. It was worst during the U20 (which was shameful) and about the same level than during U17 (though U17 gets a pass since we did not even have a decent frontcourt)
                          Way too many drives to the rim, and our coach probably asked players not to rely on our midrange game, except that teams were locked under their rim for obvious reasons. Another generation with too many soft players too (but it was worst in 2017).

Not sure why Ayayi is in the final 5, i would have put Trifunovic for my part (way less mistakes and great size too, did not know he was coach's son even though i was wondering)

Better tournament than 2017 in terms of competitiveness, and personnally i am glad to see Russia back to battle for the medals, it's good for the overall level. I just hope we are not starting to drop in level because as usual we don't play our 17/18/19 in pro leagues here. Unfortunately, we select too many nba profiles too (nba buy out purpose for our 'poor' teams..) and we have less and less euro profiles except guys like Crusol who should have a good career if he improves his finition).

Comment

I think Paunovic deserved to make all team of the tournament , I love Trifunovic he did great job at the point, but Paunovic really raised his game in the knock out phase but I guess it was too much to put three Serbian players, also they had to award third place team, even though the best player of your team was your center but he stood no chance next to Pecarski and Petrusev .

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                              I think Paunovic deserved to make all team of the tournament , I love Trifunovic he did great job at the point, but Paunovic really raised his game in the knock out phase but I guess it was too much to put three Serbian players, also they had to award third place team, even though the best player of your team was your center but he stood no chance next to Pecarski and Petrusev .
                              It was the tournament of the bigs btw, also Jantunen of Finland was great and also in B division the 3 best players statistically were a Portueguese(!!!), a Bulgarian and a Dutch big, even the great Avdija was below them, the Portuguese boy had sth like 16 rpg and a 2-3 games with 20+ boards! Does anyone have any info on the abovementioned players? Also I'd like to hear thoughts on the stars of the tournament, Pecarski, Petrusev, Jantunen etc, I watched some highlights but I'd like to hear from sbody that has more complete image of them. I'm very curious cause I think it's a long time since we had so many big guys dominating the tournament. Do you think they can become top level players or maybe they lack athletic skills and they'll end up having Macvan's career? Also I'm interested to hear about the other Finnish guy, the tall guard with the great stroke, also about Zagars who showed off but I expected much more from Sirvydis tbh. Sorry for not remembering most names!

Comment

I can only write about Serbian bigs since I followed only our NT. Petrusev is NBA bound player no doubt about it, he has excellent physical attributes , fluid athlete,and he's very skilled, can play inside and outside , good passer and rebounder . For Pecarski I am not sure about the NBA, he's a great scorer , he can score from everywhere on the court but he's slow footed on defense and there is a disproportion with his upper and lower body, his arms are very short , but he should have productive profession career , he's more advanced than Macvan at the same stage of their careers and I wouldn't mind him having Macvan career , Macvan is a very good player , Pecarski is a more explosive, can easily finish alley op dunks . Another big from Serbia Dalibor Ilic was in the shadow of those two guys, 206 cm great body, long arms, good athlete but he must improve his outside shooting, and the realization around the rim. Serbia was missing Balsa Koprivica 216 cm at this tournament, he's the NBA prospect for sure . We are loaded with the bigs in this age group .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information