Simas Jarumbauskas 194
    Deividas Sirvydis 202
    Sarunas Valunta 190
    Arnas Adomavicius 190
    Dovydas Giedraitis 190
    Rokas Jokubaitis 190
    Domantas Vilys 188
    Losses: Martynas Arlauskas Injured, Tomas Balciunas 13th player

Nice comeback from Turkey in the opening game against Germany. Akay showing great leadership, knows and understands the game. He already has a mature feel for the game. I like the composure in him. Good decision maker. I really missed to watch a player like him in youth tournaments under Turkish NT jersey.

One down, more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Nice comeback from Turkey in the opening game against Germany. Akay showing great leadership, knows and understands the game. He already has a mature feel for the game. I like the composure in him. Good decision maker. I really missed to watch a player like him in youth tournaments under Turkish NT jersey.

One down, more to go.
    Again I missed the game (this summer is terrible for me). Akay is good. I liked his non-flashy but smart game last year, and he can be a leader of this team, esp considering apparently bad shape of Eray Akyuz, who seem to have a terrible game (only one game maybe?). the "big scorer" Kurtuldum has never been convincing, and it shows.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Watched most of the Greece - Italy game. Rogkavopoulos, who was apparently the u16 divB MVP last year, was killing it, 32 pst & 12 rbs. some really tough shots too.

Serbia managed to loose the game against Lithuania having bigs who dominated under the rim and 15 pts advantage. Lithuanian guards are way more talented and that passion from Lithuanian team in 4rd quarter (it was won 34-16) was great.

Despite Serbia choking away the game, Petrusev was the best player on the court. Gonzaga got another great euro big.

This 00-generation has been maybe best that Finland have ever had, along with 99&01-generations. Today Ukraine was so weak that it made it look easy but tomorrow against Spain we can see if Finland is a real deal. But, Jantunen (20/8/7) is a good player. Few years ago nobody noticed Markkanen just because he's Finn. Let's see if it's different story this time.

Well, sorta of a crazy game between Russia and France. Interesting to watch but full of stupid mistakes. I liked the way we played defense for most of the game but offensive organization was very mediocre. And we have to do something about our number of turnovers, most of them completely unforced. Plus Pavel Zakharov was just atrocious, he played well beyond his capabilities, which also may be not as big as a rumour has it. Frankly, Odinokov played much better and in fact maybe he gave the most important contribution, especially giving French athletic bigs a hard time on boards. Scherbenev made a lot of stupid turnovers and braindead decisions but at the same time he gave us a good perimeter presence in offense and there were times when he moved the ball in a reasonable, even exquisite way. Ershov was very uneven and I didn't like what I've seen from Shashkov who seems to be a player on decline already. But what I liked the most, despite all the ups-and-downs, was our wide rotation It's a great thing to have a team where many players contribute on both ends of the floow than your typical Russian youth team of recent years with a couple of semi-stars who make 20 shots each game no matter what.

For France Dossou Yovo was the best but he trusts his shaky midrange jumper way too much. Ayai made a lot of problems for our backcourt with his speed and Timothe Crusol, who is a one year younger, seems like a legit talent. Far from being the most highly touted prospect of his year which is one of the French best, Crusol looks very promising to my eyes. Well, to sum it all up: both teams played foolishly and made a lot of crazy mistakes but after all a team which was better for most of the game, especially in the defensive side of things, stayed on top. Funny thing is that U-18 is the only youth level Russia is still represented in the European Division A. Quite a shame for a country with such a basketball legacy.

I've also catch some glimpses of Serbia - Lithuania. Serbia looked like a better ensemble of players but Lithuania was (traditionally) a hungrier, more focused and determined team. And that was enough to win. Also Serbia put too much focus on Petrusev and Pecarski.
    2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Damn, epic comeback by Lithuania against Montenegro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Serbia managed to loose the game against Lithuania having bigs who dominated under the rim and 15 pts advantage. Lithuanian guards are way more talented and that passion from Lithuanian team in 4rd quarter (it was won 34-16) was great.
    And now former Serbia that is Montenegro led against Lithuania +6 when 30 sec. were left and lost as well

I am so impressed with Trifunovic, he came out of nowhere , no hype , nothing in Serbia, he's former player and coach's son, but he's such a good player , good shooter, can create opportunities for himself and his teammates also he's 17 years old, very smart player , if our game plan wasn't to play through our big guys exclusively , his scoring would be way up.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    I am so impressed with Trifunovic, he came out of nowhere , no hype , nothing in Serbia, he's former player and coach's son, but he's such a good player , good shooter, can create opportunities for himself and his teammates also he's 17 years old, very smart player , if our game plan wasn't to play through our big guys exclusively , his scoring would be way up.
    His father did a good - great imho - job in Turkey, by playing and giving responsibilities to young domestic players a lot more than our own head coaches, both in Giresun and Karsiyaka. I was reading good things about his son too, but never watched. I can imagine Serbians being surprised by a player out of Turkish youth league .

btw, I watched the France - Turkey game. we never match-up well against always athletic French teams, and it was the case again. We could not secure rebounds, and got attacked and attached until they scored. the game was around 15-20pts margin always, with our kids always pushing hard to reduce the deficit. when they managed to get close, then it was off to +20 again in a minute.

Russians did much better vs France, it even looked like the opposite physically. so that means we'll be crushed again under the boards today.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-30-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    His father did a good - great imho - job in Turkey, by playing and giving responsibilities to young domestic players a lot more than our own head coaches, both in Giresun and Karsiyaka. I was reading good things about his son too, but never watched. I can imagine Serbians being surprised by a player out of Turkish youth league .
    I wasnt sure if Uros was on the team because of the connections , his father being basketball coach and player, but the kid really can play I never watched him before this championship has started, to me he's very pleasant surprise, he's outplaying Paunovic and Cerovina , much known players in Serbia. He's got flare in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    Just one innocent question - is his mother a black woman?

Nope. He simply has curly hair. Young Drazen Petrovic's hairstyle btw.

Quote Originally Posted by serbianhoops View Post
    Nope. He simply has curly hair. Young Drazen Petrovic's hairstyle btw.
    no way dude, look at his facial features, he's bi-racial. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    no way dude, look at his facial features, he's bi-racial. And there is nothing wrong with that.
    That's why i was asking. If his mother wasn't black, then maybe her neighbour was

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    That's why i was asking. If his mother wasn't black, then maybe her neighbour was
    I noticed something interesting; before the game, during the national anthem he was the only Serb that didn't have his hand over his heart and sing the national anthem; maybe because he was teased and bullied as a kid for being bi-racial? Serbia is very racist, it must have been very difficult for Stefan Peno too. But Trifunovic is a really good player, very athletic, great shooter and good court vision.
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 08-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I noticed something interesting; before the game, during the national anthem he was the only Serb that didn't have his hand over his heart and sing the national anthem; maybe because he was teased and bullied as a kid for being bi-racial? Serbia is very racist, it must have been very difficult for Stefan Peno too. But Trifunovic is a really good player, very athletic, great shooter and good court vision.
    Lol at Serbia is very racist, are you by any cahance american, british ,australian, etc if you are please shut up, those are the most racist people on the planet earth. What an ignorant comment.

Turkey missed an easy put back for the win.
    Last edited by Srle; 08-01-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast