2018 U18 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srle View Post
    I can only write about Serbian bigs since I followed only our NT. Petrusev is NBA bound player no doubt about it, he has excellent physical attributes , fluid athlete,and he's very skilled, can play inside and outside , good passer and rebounder . For Pecarski I am not sure about the NBA, he's a great scorer , he can score from everywhere on the court but he's slow footed on defense and there is a disproportion with his upper and lower body, his arms are very short , but he should have productive profession career , he's more advanced than Macvan at the same stage of their careers and I wouldn't mind him having Macvan career , Macvan is a very good player , Pecarski is a more explosive, can easily finish alley op dunks . Another big from Serbia Dalibor Ilic was in the shadow of those two guys, 206 cm great body, long arms, good athlete but he must improve his outside shooting, and the realization around the rim. Serbia was missing Balsa Koprivica 216 cm at this tournament, he's the NBA prospect for sure . We are loaded with the bigs in this age group .
    I used Macvan's example because he, along with Koufos had a very impressive showcase 11 years ago but unfortunately they both ended up way below what they showed on this level, Koufos today is a quality athletic big but looks like he forgot basketball skills he owned back then, on the other hand Macvan, who looked like new Zoran Savic, is a very skilled big man but due to low athletic level his best is a role player of15-20 minutes on mid Euroleague teams and he needed quite a few years to reach this level. I really like him and it's sad the players with such skills can't contribute more on top level but unfortunately that's the way basketball is played today... One last question: Pecarski and Petrusev have also back to the basket game or only facing the basket?

Comment

They can play both back and face to the basket , they have polished offensive games.
      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Thank you Srle, nice to hear that

Comment

latvian player Davids Viksne had terrible accident, explosion of a gass in his home. doctors are fighting for his life

Comment

I can only write about Serbian bigs since I followed only our NT. Petrusev is NBA bound player no doubt about it, he has excellent physical attributes , fluid athlete,and he's very skilled, can play inside and outside , good passer and rebounder . For Pecarski I am not sure about the NBA, he's a great scorer , he can score from everywhere on the court but he's slow footed on defense and there is a disproportion with his upper and lower body, his arms are very short , but he should have productive profession career , he's more advanced than Macvan at the same stage of their careers and I wouldn't mind him having Macvan career , Macvan is a very good player , Pecarski is a more explosive, can easily finish alley op dunks .
            In his ESPN article on the best prospects, Jonathan Givony rates Petrussev over Pecarski too. For what it's worth, he rates Luka Samanic the highest.

Comment

Petrusev is a way better player than Samanic more skilled too, Samanic didn't show a lot in this tournament and he was unquestionable leader of the Croatian team, he disappeared in the quarter final , but hey draftexpress guys like to hype Croatian players, I remember their fables about Bender lol. They miss a lot as usual , I think they are taking money to hype some players so they could be taken higher in the draft. They underrated Jokic even though you could see he was a special player back then, Petrusev is in similar mold as Jokic, great basketball mind , just way better athlete than Jokic, he's going to be an excellent professional player
              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

croatian conspiracy. i bet vatican is involved

Comment

They underrated Jokic even though you could see he was a special player back then, Petrusev is in similar mold as Jokic, great basketball mind , just way better athlete than Jokic, he's going to be an excellent professional player
                  Jokic was underrated in his own country as well. The only youth tournament he ever played in was the U19 WC.

Comment

Petrusev is a way better player than Samanic more skilled too, Samanic didn't show a lot in this tournament and he was unquestionable leader of the Croatian team, he disappeared in the quarter final , but hey draftexpress guys like to hype Croatian players, I remember their fables about Bender lol. They miss a lot as usual , I think they are taking money to hype some players so they could be taken higher in the draft. They underrated Jokic even though you could see he was a special player back then, Petrusev is in similar mold as Jokic, great basketball mind , just way better athlete than Jokic, he's going to be an excellent professional player
                    Sorry but about Bender I disagree, he looked very special in the junior tournaments, he really resembled of Kukoc, I'd swear this guy was going to be the next best thing in European basketball, still can't figure how he ended up so mediocre...

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                      Sorry but about Bender I disagree, he looked very special in the junior tournaments, he really resembled of Kukoc, I'd swear this guy was going to be the next best thing in European basketball, still can't figure how he ended up so mediocre...
                      Everybody loved Bender. He was taken No.4 in the draft.

Comment

I don't think even Jokić mother believed he will be good in NBA.

Bender had for me 2 big problems. Body and beta male mentality. Just to soft. But he is still very young, just 20 years. His unique defence skills still can make him factor
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                          I don't think even Jokić mother believed he will be good in NBA.

Bender had for me 2 big problems. Body and beta male mentality. Just to soft. But he is still very young, just 20 years. His unique defence skills still can make him factor
                          I hope so! I was a huge fan of his at the junior tournaments, back then he had a big self-confidence and he made great plays, he looked really smart and made fantastic assists a la Kukoc, where all these skills are hidden now?? The oxymoron is that at the u16 tournament he looked like having the full package and his only drawback was the shooting, now he has become a player that only shoots (quite) well for 3

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information