Josh Green Now a Five Star Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Green Now a Five Star Prospect

The Sydney native now has a Five star rating as far as recruitment goes. He joins Ben Simmons with that distinction.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

I always get amused by the ranking of US high school players. What does 4 or 5 star mean in essence? Higher level college recruitment and an easier path to the NBA (one and done v a fringe candidate?). At any rate, moving to IMG has helped me, think he also played Adidas Nations last northern summer also.

Comment

Originally posted by Roofman View Post
      I always get amused by the ranking of US high school players. What does 4 or 5 star mean in essence? Higher level college recruitment and an easier path to the NBA (one and done v a fringe candidate?). At any rate, moving to IMG has helped me, think he also played Adidas Nations last northern summer also.
      Based on aggregated scouting reports and snippet feedback from coaches / scouts, prospects are kept in database on brands such as "rivals" and "ESPN recruiting", the more exposure and feedback a prospect gets, their rating could either gain stock or regress. It's just a matter of aggregated feedback at times. It is only in this age of social media and web 2.0 did this rankings took off. Gone are the days of the great unknowns like Steve Nash who flew under the radar.

While the distinction between 4-star prospects and 5-star prospects have been subject for debate, it does help prospects like Green to be recruited heavily by colleges, thus game the "one and done" system for him to make it to the NBA as a first rounder.

Overall, recruitment rankings feeds the one and done economy of the AAU-Prep schools to college and the pros.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Named to the BWB 2018 All-Star team after several rounds of workouts that impressed mostly coaches and scouts.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

What is the current ranking like?
          Quick Draw
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information