NCAA 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 2017-2018 Season

Amazing season start of freshman Trae Young, the current DI leader in ppg (28.5) and apg (10.2). He yesterday led #17 Oklahoma to victory with a 26-point and 22-assist performance, tying NCAA single game record in assists.

Sooners freshman phenom Trae Young became the first player in two decades to have a 20-point, 20-assist game, while tying the NCAA single-game record with 22 assists, in a rout of Northwestern State on Tuesday.

I've now watched a decent bit of both and have to say that Trae Young and Markus Howard are both talented and skilled but unbelievably overrated. Neither is an efficient scorer, and both will have trouble at the next level due to being ball-dominant.

I see Trae Young's ceiling as a much more explosive-scoring Shabazz Napier. Maybe.

And Jalen Brunson is another Frank Mason type.

Comment

University of Texas-Arlington's senior Kevin Hervey is going to finish his college career in a very productive note. It was a gamble for his part on not testing the draft and instead, put in all that effort and passion into the court. Now, he's considered a middle to late pick in the draft. Still needs work on polishing his passing once the offense slows down.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Let me tell you something... If you do not know the name Tony Carr by now, it's time to learn it. This kid might be the most talented guard to come out of the Big Ten since Jamal Crawford. And LaMar Stevens is like a tougher Evan Turner or Nic Batum. Then you have Reaves -who is basically Justin Anderson, Bostick -who is basically a 6'4"-6'5" Jaylen Brown, and Mike Watkins who is the best big out of Philly since the Morris twins.

And this is really just the beginning. Pat Chambers has opened a pipeline similar to the one Syracuse has to New York.

Carr could very well end up being the best point guard out of this draft. He's that talented, and much more physically gifted than the highest ranked point guards in this draft.
        Last edited by CHBB; 02-19-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Speaking of underrated guards, Shamorie Ponds of St. John's is probably the closest thing I've seen to Kemba since Kemba. This kid was just flat out born to score. He should be an instant offense guy in the NBA for quite a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
            Speaking of underrated guards, Shamorie Ponds of St. John's is probably the closest thing I've seen to Kemba since Kemba. This kid was just flat out born to score. He should be an instant offense guy in the NBA for quite a few years.
            Shamorie's talent was evident from a young age and won many awards. The Ponds points he has earned are respectable. He left St. John's to go to the NBA after the season ends. I have a lot of confidence in his goals. I've always been his fan!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by Quillsion; 05-26-2023, 06:28 AM. Reason: Unfinished

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information