Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The news article you provided answered my questions.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      This question may sound stupid but gusto ko lang makasiguro: Being one of the hosts, does this mean the Philippine team gets an "automatic" qualification? How about fellow hosts Japan & Indonesia? Do they get automatic qualification also?

If we are automatically qualified to the 2023 World Cup, then we can afford to have the "not to win at all cost" mentality & therefore just focus more on exposing younger players to international competitions. I mean, we can elevate players as young as the Kai Sottos, Ricci Riveros, 1GDL's, Carl Tamayos, and other young amateur players to the Gilas senior level & have them play in the home-and-away games starting Nov. 2021.

For the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers, we are compelled to have the "win now" mentality.

For the 2013 FIBA World Cup where we are one of the host nations, there's no need for the "win now" mentality since we are already qualified. We can therefore focus of the young player development.
      Yep. Us, Indons and Japan are automatically qualified.. we have the luxury from 2021 to early part of 2023 to let our young players play during the qualifiers. Same thing china is doing right now..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        Yep. Us, Indons and Japan are automatically qualified.. we have the luxury from 2021 to early part of 2023 to let our young players play during the qualifiers. Same thing china is doing right now..
        si in 2021 indonesia and phils wouldnt battle for seaba supremacy lols
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

That is why it would be wise to restart the cadet program soon.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by live_evil View Post
            That is why it would be wise to restart the cadet program soon.
            It seems Congresswoman Pia Cayetano understands what is going on with Philippine basketball, in college & high school basketball in particular, that's why she is proposing a bill to sanction the schools that would prohibit its players from joining the national team. For the cadet program to succeed, we need to address first the problem in amateur basketball, that is the selfish & unpatriotic policies of some of these schools. It seems Cong. Cayetano understands this.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Mostly the Cadets come from the "top" graduating players from the schools so that means it will only start from 2021? or 2022?

Time to save money lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by heystifler View Post
                Mostly the Cadets come from the "top" graduating players from the schools so that means it will only start from 2021? or 2022?

Time to save money lolololol
                Home-and-away games as qualifiers for the 2023 FIBA World Cup starts Nov. 2021, but if we are to restart the cadet program anytime soon, the players on the wish list would be the college players on their 1st, 2nd & 3rd years at present & a No. of high school players. So that would be the Ricci Riveros, Thirdy Ravenas, 1GDL's, Santillians, & Kai Sottos. The idea is to have these players play in tournaments like the Jones Cup, the FIBA Asia Champions Cup, FIBA Asia Cup & other international meets.

Comment

Home-and-away games as qualifiers for the 2023 FIBA World Cup starts Nov. 2021, but if we are to restart the cadet program anytime soon, the players on the wish list would be the college players on their 1st, 2nd & 3rd years at present & a No. of high school players. So that would be the Ricci Riveros, Thirdy Ravenas, 1GDL's, Santillians, & Kai Sottos. The idea is to have these players play in tournaments like the Jones Cup, the FIBA Asia Champions Cup, FIBA Asia Cup & other international meets.
                  yes gilas1 reboot with tab!
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

2 slashers at one team (ricci and thirdy) they have one common denominator that they need to develop (Shooting). once they developed that they’ll be hard to stop..
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      2 slashers at one team (ricci and thirdy) they have one common denominator that they need to develop (Shooting). once they developed that they’ll be hard to stop..
                      Problem with the two are their heights. Unless, they develop their Samboy mentality who would not hesitate driving deep into the forest and embarass trees, then they better practice their shooting.

A mature Paras could be our 3, or a willing Hepa.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps Josef could be our big point guard? Nothing beats playing in front of your country in a world class tourney. ��
                        You have yet to see him play, do you still believe that he is the best fit for the team?

I'm all excited because at the very least, he will give it an honest shot to crack that team. And in my heart of hearts, I know what he really means.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                          Also very smart for the MVP Group to bring the Dean Quinito Henson with them. Its a nice olive branch to the SMC Group although I dont know how much influence Quinito has over RSA compared to Danding.
                          Quinito still works for MVP (PhilStar, ESPN 5), so his inclusion in the delegation is not unexpected. What he has, though, is more or less a direct line to ECJ, especially when it comes to the DLSU camp.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
                            You have yet to see him play, do you still believe that he is the best fit for the team?

I'm all excited because at the very least, he will give it an honest shot to crack that team. And in my heart of hearts, I know what he really means.
                            That's why he should start playing in those short term tourneys so his studies won't be seriously affected.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's why he should start playing in those short term tourneys so his studies won't be seriously affected.
                              The 6 year heads up gives him more than enough time to finish what he started, to train and get more experience in higher level basketball. Stints in the ABL won't prepare him enough for 2023, but there are other tournaments that will. Kobe Paras is right. If they ere going to swim with sharks, best practice outside the cage and get comfortable doing it.

Comment

If GILAS is really serious with the GGG, then they should start the training now.
                                I think, we can have a head start if we can --

-- have the high schoolers and 1st year college students play for GILAS in SEAG and SEABA tournaments.

-- have the college students play for GILAS in JONES CUP with 3 d-league players

-- have the GILAS cadets join the yearly DUBAI invitational, and the ASIAN Games.

Since most are done in a yearly basis, I think it can help speed up the maturity of the players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information