This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
    I dont get it. Scoring PGs arent good for Gilas ? meanwhile our main PGs are scoring PGs. Castro, Romeo. A scoring PG doesn’t mean they’ll hog the ball. Just look at westbrook co existing with Adams, Durant. Curry with Klay, KD. You do realize a scoring PG does workout with Bigs and Wings right? How do you know that they’ll play one on one rather than through the system? It’s more likely they’ll play through the system than one on one. Tbh I also have Perez in my 2nd unit as backup PG. Ray Parks for me should be the Primary Ball Handler for 2023. In my opinion.
    Sa akin lang naman because out PG as scoring PG di na maximize ang other options like Junmar...It was actually only Ravena who run PNR with Junmar...Anyway all is good, ang sa akin lang naman naman wag lang mahog ang bola like Romeo before or Helteebrand where the ball sticks to PG and last minute desperation shot of deibnle dribble
    Last edited by sajubeads; 08-28-2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
      Having trouble reading too? Bka ang interpretation mo rn, better player
      Paki clarrify , medyo mahina interpretation ko, what does better handles mean? mas fancy? magaling sa galaw ? So luka can't handle the ball as well as Blatche ?
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
        nothing wrong if you have scoring PG, as long as Gilas has upgraded height at the one spot (6-3 to 6-6). i'm agree it should be BRP as our main pg.
        There is nothing wrong also to Go Big or beinga Scoeing PG for as long as that player has the appropriate skills and reos playing that position..Not all players can just be transplanted to another position and be successful right away...It takes reps...I agree though that each every player can and should make plays for their teammates, that should be ideal and make the team unpredictable...Sa akin lang naman dapat madedi e ng Coach ang role ng mga players and not necessarily pigeon wholing that player...We want Kai to Score from Post, P nR, shot from 3s, provide picks and rebound...For Ravena to defend like hellnon opposing PG, play PNR, read the defense , slash and Drop , pick his spot and score ...For Perez, run on FB as hell, shoot open threes, slash and dish to bigs and all that .. Ang sa akin lang naman , play to the players strength...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Paki clarrify , medyo mahina interpretation ko, what does better handles mean? mas fancy? magaling sa galaw ? So luka can't handle the ball as well as Blatche ?
          Its not a question of who has better handles or what, di nabibilang sa score ang dribbling, point is who has more effective dribble that leads to points for the player and his beammates...Magaling ka nga magdribble but Fancy dribbling lang but cant shake off your defender or make adequate plays for your teammates or worst nag TO lang due to over dribbling...

Comment

• BRP doesn’t have enough wiggle/speed to Be a full time PG

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
              Why are you limiting the players’ capabilities. Perez and Wright taga score Ravena and Panopio taga setup. What is this? interbarangay liga? A player could still bring the ball up, set the play while being the go to of the offense. You do realize that’s possible right? Its not like the coach would not instill an offense that would make it suitable for Perez to be PG while also using his strengths such as his speed and athleticism.

Ricky Rubio a PG, the primary ball handler/playmaker of Spain led his team in Points and Assists. He wasn’t limited to just passing. Luka Doncic is a playmaker, ball handler, go to, shotmaker etc for his team. The game is evolving and if you still think that the ones orchestrating plays are only limited to PGs then you better start watching some games from at least 2011. Watch how Lebron played all 5 positions. Watch how Manu was the playmaker and ball handler while the PG Tony Parker was the shotmaker. Especially the Warriors run when they had no true center nor true PG.
              my take here is there are limited time and not everyone can score with limited time not unless you'll give everyone a basketball. In a team full of scorers, one must know his role but of course it wouldn't hurt much if he scores a lot or get a triple double stats.In a very organized team oriented system, one can only have limited attempts in a game, the objective here is to get more productive minutes per players,higher field goal/three point percentage and less turnovers per minute (just like Clarkson scoring 26 points in 29 minutes which i think can still be improved).It may sound very mechanical or robotic to some, but i think this is very effective as proved by data analytics.This kind if basketball approach I think is more scientific than artistic.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Everyone is getting so into the ‘Position’ talk. There are things called rotations for the team. JC could do PG duties, so can Thirdy, BRP, Wright, CJ etc. Meanwhile adjustments could be made to make JC the go to. Wright as the designated shooter after their run at the PG position. They dont have to be “Full time”. Im just saying they could be used as PG. thats it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                  my take here is there are limited time and not everyone can score with limited time not unless you'll give everyone a basketball. In a team full of scorers, one must know his role but of course it wouldn't hurt much if he scores a lot or get a triple double stats.In a very organized team oriented system, one can only have limited attempts in a game, the objective here is to get more productive minutes per players,higher field goal/three point percentage and less turnovers per minute (just like Clarkson scoring 26 points in 29 minutes which i think can still be improved).It may sound very mechanical or robotic to some, but i think this is very effective as proved by data analytics.This kind if basketball approach I think is more scientific than artistic.
                  Ayun. That's a value only a few can see. Efficiency. It's not about having the most touches, it's about making the most of your touches. A lot of our guys in the basketball scene cannot see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    Ayun. That's a value only a few can see. Efficiency. It's not about having the most touches, it's about making the most of your touches. A lot of our guys in the basketball scene cannot see that.
                    pwede naman sa pass first point guard, 12 attempts or less per game and he will have to average at least 7.5 assists a game.For example, 5/10 (2 point %) =10 pts , 2/2 (3 pt %)= 6 pts, total = 16 pts. and 8 assists (plus probably 2 steals, 1 turnover in 20 minutes ) or 12 points, 10 assists in 20 mins.I think this is not a bad stat-line and not impossible to attain in FIBA torunaments.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                      Its not a question of who has better handles or what, di nabibilang sa score ang dribbling, point is who has more effective dribble that leads to points for the player and his beammates...Magaling ka nga magdribble but Fancy dribbling lang but cant shake off your defender or make adequate plays for your teammates or worst nag TO lang due to over dribbling...
                      Great point bro. I think some people has the misconception that fancy dribbling or too much dribbling translates to decent ball handling or effective execution in offense. We've seen players from other countries who dribble without any fanfare or showboating yet they are very effective. And these players don't dribble a lot.

Fact is, too much dribbling is usually hazardous to a team becoz it eats some precious seconds from the shotclock. Hence, players must dribble with purpose.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                        Handles the ball well is different from being a good dribble r. Fancy ka pero the ball goes nowhere
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

My only claim is better handles, which can easily be figured out by sight. Mas fluid yung kay blatche. Play luka on 0.25 speed and you'll see him clutching the ball as he tries to spin. Oh normal play you could also see his handles wobble. But my contention starts and ends with better handles, malinaw naman dapat. Di ko alam kng bakit ang daming idinadagdag e wla nmng claim na mas effective si blatche o kng ano except for better handles. Obviously, luka is on a different level when it comes to craftiness and court vision while blatche oftentimes has tunnel vision. Well, it's no surprise ang baba ng rating nating mga pinoy sa reading and comprehension.
                          I mean if you try and break it down like that it would seem like Blatche does have a better handle lol. Although im not quite sure if Blatche could handle the ball like Luka. In terms of consistency, longevity and decision making. Luka can actually be the primary ball handler for 4 quarters. They are the same in terms of consistency. Same turnover prone I guess? Luka definitely has the upper hand in decision making when playmaking and ball handling.

Luka has more moves I guess. He could combine his dribbling with step backs side steps etc EFFECTIVELY.

Comment

• I'll take Luka's dribbling anytime over Blatche, it still comes down to effectiveness. I don't care how ugly your dribble looks if it works, I'm good with that

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              I'll take Luka's dribbling anytime over Blatche, it still comes down to effectiveness. I don't care how ugly your dribble looks if it works, I'm good with that
                              Agreed. Doesn’t matter if it looks better in 0.25 speed or whatever. As long as he can ball handle for 4 quarters straight, do it more consistently and use it with better decision making thats enough for me.

Comment

E yun na nga, napaka elaborate na nga ng explanation ko, bakit ang dami pa dng idadagdag. Dun pa lang sa "my contention starts and ends with better handles" okay na dapat.
                                Okay whose got better handles Kyrie Irving ,
                                STEPH Curry ornJamal Crawford...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information