Page 1 of 182 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 3627

Thread: Fiba World Cup 2023 Philippines

  1. #1
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default Fiba World Cup 2023 Philippines

    Good job SBP-MVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kai Sotto, Kobe Paras, Aj Edu, Clarkson, Kamaka Hepa could be a competitive 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    We have five years to prepare our young but very promising youth dribblers like Kai, Cortez, Ricci rivero et Al, so I hope MVP change his mind, assign coach tab and altamirano to focus and speedup their development and become serviceable in 2023

  4. #4
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Time to revive the cadets program in time for 2023. Sotto, Hepa, clarkson, cortez, martin, paras, ravena, edu, kirkness. Hopefully, ricci rivero becomes the next Samboy Lim. They are of the same height. Samboy was a worldclass player even at just 6'1" he had no problems going strong to the hoop in the middle of a forest.

    With Tab Baldwin as coach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    The Philippines hosting can also be an opportunity for recruitment since getting a chance to play in the world cup could be a good motivation for legit Fil-foreigners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,051
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Also very smart for the MVP Group to bring the Dean Quinito Henson with them. Its a nice olive branch to the SMC Group although I dont know how much influence Quinito has over RSA compared to Danding.

  7. #7
    Senior Member tito thoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Time to revive the cadets program in time for 2023. Sotto, Hepa, clarkson, cortez, martin, paras, ravena, edu, kirkness. Hopefully, ricci rivero becomes the next Samboy Lim. They are of the same height. Samboy was a worldclass player even at just 6'1" he had no problems going strong to the hoop in the middle of a forest.

    With Tab Baldwin as coach.

    The should be at or close to their peak performance age.

    http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/

  8. #8
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tito thoots View Post
    The should be at or close to their peak performance age.

    http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/
    I agree this concept (getting mid 20 players) works for your core players (starting 5) but for the bench sometimes a veteran is more efficient in limited playing time (10 mins) than peak but less experienced player. Take example the Spurs use of 4 40 year old Manu Ginobili. yes he can no longer deliver on a prolonged bacis, but he's highly efficient when on the court normally at crunch time. Still better to use him than a Murray or Paul

  9. #9
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tito thoots View Post
    The should be at or close to their peak performance age.

    http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/
    Perhaps Josef could be our big point guard? Nothing beats playing in front of your country in a world class tourney. ��
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Is it coincidence that the Gilas (GGG) would be unveiled in 2023?
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,155
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Reyes said Rep. Pia Cayetano is in the process of filing a bill that will prevent any school or club to restrict a player from answering the call to play for the country in international competitions. Cayetano said the bill is due to be discussed in the House early next year. If it’s passed, colleges may be forced to reschedule their seasons to avoid conflict with international commitments.

    This is the bill that will make every supporter of Phi. basketball happy. And at the same time will make "some" schools unhappy, specially the "greens".

    Mabuhay ka Rep. Pia Cayetano.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  13. #13
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17,497
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  14. #14
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,855
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Reyes said Rep. Pia Cayetano is in the process of filing a bill that will prevent any school or club to restrict a player from answering the call to play for the country in international competitions. Cayetano said the bill is due to be discussed in the House early next year. If it’s passed, colleges may be forced to reschedule their seasons to avoid conflict with international commitments.

    This is the bill that will make every supporter of Phi. basketball happy. And at the same time will make "some" schools unhappy, specially the "greens".

    Mabuhay ka Rep. Pia Cayetano.
    And the saint micheal corporation

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,155
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    This question may sound stupid but gusto ko lang makasiguro: Being one of the hosts, does this mean the Philippine team gets an "automatic" qualification? How about fellow hosts Japan & Indonesia? Do they get automatic qualification also?

    If we are automatically qualified to the 2023 World Cup, then we can afford to have the "not to win at all cost" mentality & therefore just focus more on exposing younger players to international competitions. I mean, we can elevate players as young as the Kai Sottos, Ricci Riveros, 1GDL's, Carl Tamayos, and other young amateur players to the Gilas senior level & have them play in the home-and-away games starting Nov. 2021.

    For the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers, we are compelled to have the "win now" mentality.

    For the 2013 FIBA World Cup where we are one of the host nations, there's no need for the "win now" mentality since we are already qualified. We can therefore focus of the young player development.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,155
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    The news article you provided answered my questions.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  17. #17
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,855
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    This question may sound stupid but gusto ko lang makasiguro: Being one of the hosts, does this mean the Philippine team gets an "automatic" qualification? How about fellow hosts Japan & Indonesia? Do they get automatic qualification also?

    If we are automatically qualified to the 2023 World Cup, then we can afford to have the "not to win at all cost" mentality & therefore just focus more on exposing younger players to international competitions. I mean, we can elevate players as young as the Kai Sottos, Ricci Riveros, 1GDL's, Carl Tamayos, and other young amateur players to the Gilas senior level & have them play in the home-and-away games starting Nov. 2021.

    For the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers, we are compelled to have the "win now" mentality.

    For the 2013 FIBA World Cup where we are one of the host nations, there's no need for the "win now" mentality since we are already qualified. We can therefore focus of the young player development.
    Yep. Us, Indons and Japan are automatically qualified.. we have the luxury from 2021 to early part of 2023 to let our young players play during the qualifiers. Same thing china is doing right now..

  18. #18
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Yep. Us, Indons and Japan are automatically qualified.. we have the luxury from 2021 to early part of 2023 to let our young players play during the qualifiers. Same thing china is doing right now..
    si in 2021 indonesia and phils wouldnt battle for seaba supremacy lols
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  19. #19
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    1,394
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    That is why it would be wise to restart the cadet program soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,155
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    That is why it would be wise to restart the cadet program soon.
    It seems Congresswoman Pia Cayetano understands what is going on with Philippine basketball, in college & high school basketball in particular, that's why she is proposing a bill to sanction the schools that would prohibit its players from joining the national team. For the cadet program to succeed, we need to address first the problem in amateur basketball, that is the selfish & unpatriotic policies of some of these schools. It seems Cong. Cayetano understands this.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 1 of 182 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •