Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever PBA players are selected for 2023, have to be preparing Full time at least 6 months prior. None of this last minute Hugot.
    To me the only players good enough to be hugot in the 11th hour are Kai and Clarkson.
    I would go with a lesser talent who is preparing with the team like maybe 1GDL over a better talent (say CJ) but hugot, anyday.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Really no need for drastic changes, just 1 or 2 tweaks
      Kouame is already part of pool.
      Can drop Carino
      Just replace Tungcab and Mike

With Kiefer and Parks..

Wala na iba

See what pool members Koon and Bulanadi can do
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Kouame and Parks > Prosper and Jawato

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Whoever PBA players are selected for 2023, have to be preparing Full time at least 6 months prior. None of this last minute Hugot.
          To me the only players good enough to be hugot in the 11th hour are Kai and Clarkson.
          I would go with a lesser talent who is preparing with the team like maybe 1GDL over a better talent (say CJ) but hugot, anyday.
          Yes the core of the team must be training for a while including PBA players. I hope with our country being the hosts, the PBA understands the opportunity here as well as the costs of the Philippines performing badly.

Comment

Kouame and Parks > Prosper and Jawato
            Jawato is giving Parks some fits tho in ABL.

Comment

Really no need for drastic changes, just 1 or 2 tweaks
              Can drop Carino

With Kiefer and Parks..

Wala na iba

Koon is not eligible though, right?

Comment

Really no need for drastic changes, just 1 or 2 tweaks
                Can drop Carino

With Kiefer and Parks..

Wala na iba

But Gilas has a 17 man pool with Koon and Kouame included. This doesnt include Thirdy, Kai, AJ and whomever FilAms we can Jawato.

Comment

• I think the 2 Thailand games are enough sample size for SBP when it comes to pool priorities. I think we are better off relegating obvious cuts as emergency, warm bodies. Add high ceiling prospects (Lopez) to fast track their development and give more burn to younger, underperforming players (Ildefonso) to see if they’re worth the slot.
                  Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                    But Gilas has a 17 man pool with Koon and Kouame included. This doesnt include Thirdy, Kai, AJ and whomever FilAms we can Jawato.
                    this should have been applicable to Pringle last year, right now I think the most feasible would be Jaime Malonzo or in 2023.Kuoame and Malonzo would be nice, Clarkson,Kuoame and Malonzo would be great. Just imagine the starting 5 of 6'5 Clarkson, 6'4 Parks, 6'7 Malonzo, 7'2 Kai and 7" Kuoame. That lineup would kick ass even at the world stage.

Last edited by Alex07; 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

This is a huge statement to make, especially since Prosper is more mature than Kouame game-wise

Comment

• ^^
                        Then let's make that the goal then, I think in 2 years Kouame can be more valuable,
                        BTW Prosper looked shorter than the Thai Japeth.
                        For Gilas he wouldn't be my pick for a NP

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          I think the 2 Thailand games are enough sample size for SBP when it comes to pool priorities. I think we are better off relegating obvious cuts as emergency, warm bodies. Add high ceiling prospects (Lopez) to fast track their development and give more burn to younger, underperforming players (Ildefonso) to see if they’re worth the slot.
                          spot on mate! giving at least one spot for Gilas youth in this FA qualifier would be good for the SBP programme.
                          But I guess majority of people here wants to add talented fil-ams (ineligibles) and PBA vets to prioritise on winning tradition.
                          sigpic

Comment

stat wise I think those two could outscore the former, however if we are talking who fits in a more European(ish) type of system, then I'll choose Parks and Kuoame.I think they're more of a team player and could share the ball more than the Indonesians.They are better role players as well, better screeners,better passers and probably even better defenders.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                              spot on mate! giving at least one spot for Gilas youth in this FA qualifier would be good for the SBP programme.
                              But I guess majority of people here wants to add talented fil-ams (ineligibles) and PBA vets to prioritise on winning tradition.
                              I don’t know if the different lineups each game would apply for the Feb window, but if it does, i’d say bring Lopez and Tamayo and give them some burn the moment we clinch the qualifier berth. If we win the first game, pasok na tayo. I’m sure the pros would be mature enough to defer to development.
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                                The problem for Parks is first, His injury.. Rumors that maybe he can't play in the finals.. 2nd his contract will expire again on January.. Will Parks still want to be KaGIGA (TNT)? Maybe he can't participate again on February.. He was burned out from the Phoenix series.. Hope that we and even you will pray that Parks still committed to TNT and will be part of our national team.. This is his chance to gain a lot of followers because with his rift w/ Abueva, he gain more bashers after that, including stupid Snow Badua.. A Gilas stint will be a good PR for him.. especially if he play berserk against Korea.. Pinoys will love him again..
                                It's just a strained Calf injury, might be playing this Fridsy already ....Looks like he genuinely likes his teammates naman, besides for sure he will be offered the Super Max, so in terms of money , there is no difference naman if he transfer to other team, same Max naman salary niya...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information