This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    I know AJ is struggling et al because of his comeback from an ACL injury. But I'm leaning towards more with Ange Kouame specially if he can be a local. Bigger body, strong built, good defensive instincts like AJ and surprisingly has good touch. Is the Fiba Asia cup 2021 in August next year? If so, hopefully payagan na siya as a local and Clarkson could also play there. I just want to see them win a Gold medal in my lifetime.

Ange Kouame
    Kai Sotto
    June Mar Fajardo
    Isaac Go
    Jordan Clarkson
    Kobe Paras
    Dwight Ramos
    Bobby Ray Parks
    Matthew Wright
    Kiefer Ravena
    Juan Gomez De LiaƱo

Last spot:
    We need a guy who knows the system. System of giving gatorade to his teammates, clapping, and waving towel to cheer on his teammates.

Enter 5'10 PF Big Mike Nieto.

Lol Joke:
    Of course CJ Perez has to be there. Essential pressure scorer we need to keep defenses on heels.
    I'll Put thirdy and and dalph to replaced kiefer and go. just my opinion.
    and if SBP couldn't get JC, I'll add kamaka hepa
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
      I'll Put thirdy and and dalph to replaced kiefer and go. just my opinion.
      and if SBP couldn't get JC, I'll add kamaka hepa
      We are talking about the Fiba asia cup 2021 tournament here, I think Dalph and Hepa has college commitments thus their unavailability.

Clarkson at least would be on an off-season. The lineup they can put there might be the preview for 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
        I know AJ is struggling et al because of his comeback from an ACL injury. But I'm leaning towards more with Ange Kouame specially if he can be a local. Bigger body, strong built, good defensive instincts like AJ and surprisingly has good touch. Is the Fiba Asia cup 2021 in August next year? If so, hopefully payagan na siya as a local and Clarkson could also play there. I just want to see them win a Gold medal in my lifetime.

Ange Kouame
        Kai Sotto
        June Mar Fajardo
        Isaac Go
        Jordan Clarkson
        Kobe Paras
        Dwight Ramos
        Bobby Ray Parks
        Matthew Wright
        Kiefer Ravena
        Juan Gomez De LiaƱo

Last spot:
        We need a guy who knows the system. System of giving gatorade to his teammates, clapping, and waving towel to cheer on his teammates.

Enter 5'10 PF Big Mike Nieto.

Lol Joke:
        Of course CJ Perez has to be there. Essential pressure scorer we need to keep defenses on heels.
        I still can't see how is it possible to let Clarkson and Kuoame play together. It's not that I don't like it, but I think we've been already been f*cked by FIBA over this one.Probably because they know were used to be getting f*cked by our own government since time immemorial.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          I still can't see how is it possible to let Clarkson and Kuoame play together. It's not that I don't like it, but I think we've been already been f*cked by FIBA over this one.Probably because they know were used to be getting f*cked by our own government since time immemorial.

I could see however someone like Martin playing as a local. If Ange doesnt make it what are the odds of someone like Jayden Harper is eligible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
            I could see however someone like Martin playing as a local. If Ange doesnt make it what are the odds of someone like Jayden Harper is eligible?
            Jayden is 15 and could still avail a passport. I do hope Harper,Harris and Sage will get a passport and be eligible.
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Good one. Hahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Jayden is 15 and could still avail a passport. I do hope Harper,Harris and Sage will get a passport and be eligible.
                As far as I know Caelum Harris is near getting his ph passport (according to himself).

As for sage, I hope sya yung sinasabi no sir analyzed that we got.

Jayden Harper. I dont know. He and Malik are very very silent.

At the bright side, we were able to get some eligibles like Luke Tobias, Zain Majmood, Enzo Schatzel, Amos Brothers, Briones Jr, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                  Jayden, vyctorius and sage lng, okay na. But we've already missed on a lot of good ones. QMB, Batties, Harper who BTW just had a 30 pt exlosion. Martin, hopefully, isn't one of those we lost. Tsk SBP
                  In fairness its hard for SBP to make connections with top prospects during COVID. I hope SBP reaches out to Coach Spoelstra again and ask for what support he wants to give to the program.

Comment

• Why are people still having hope over Sage getting recruited over to Gilas? I thought he didn't get his PH passport before 16?

Comment

• A lot of prospects will have issues if there parents didn't have Filipino citizenship to begin with. They may have obvious roots in the Philippines but no papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                        A lot of prospects will have issues if there parents didn't have Filipino citizenship to begin with. They may have obvious roots in the Philippines but no papers.
                        Overall, it's still better if we are able to domestically produce local talents who can compete internationally rather than rely on fil-foreigners.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          Overall, it's still better if we are able to domestically produce local talents who can compete internationally rather than rely on fil-foreigners.
                          How our local coaches and basketball authorities think will form a big part of developing players who can compete internationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            No official news on that. He may have, he may have not. What's official is that guys like jeron attest, ron harper missed the cut. On their tweeter exchanges, it seems that the way their parents understood it was PH passport at age 16 instead of before 16. Could've been a matter of poor communication from the SBP or they just misunderstood it.
                            Best Case scenario for us and sage. Is if he applied for phil.passport already before 16.

But dont want to announce it because he is trying his luck with USA.

Not familiar in Age group of Sage in Team USA. But I think there are a lot of better USA Bigs (same his age) that is better than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              Well yeah but we definitely arent there yet and the way our system is set up, 25yr olds in the UAAP, people skipping the draft to end up with favored teams, it still best for top prospects to train abroad. Even China did this with Fanbo Zeng.

Comment

• The 2023 WC will be fitting as it will be the 10th year anniversary of our Silver In FIBA Asia getting a WC spot in August 2013

Coincidentally today marks 1000 days from the World Cup
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information