This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astigram04
    That's not just two but three players you judged there without the benefit of first hand information.
    Well alam.naman na may tupak si Romeo, he even have a near fist fight with his Coach in game. Parks haa been pabebe from signing one year contract, refusing to play for Gilas and not not resigning even with Max offer..As dor RR its all about management decision, he should be Pro about it...In the NBA several all stars were in that similar situation, nagsalita ba si Iguodala...

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      You right.. look at abueva.. he is also head case.. is also tnt has connections on this? Nothing!! Players right now are "pabebe".. look also at sol Mercado, until now he's not yet signing at phoenix even that he will give a good contract.. Romeo is always a head case and that's why he will never get his gilas comeback.. as for parks eh we don't need him anymore.. CJ Perez is now better than him, w/ better attitude..
      For non standout core talent similar to Kai and Clarkson cl, you need support role players who are system and culture characteriser guys.. Not questionable character or players who are stars in their teams
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Gilas 2023 lineup will be a lot different. Many players can came out and develop.

Hope we are ready by then. Fiba can exempt clarkson and martin(if ineligible) just to have the host a fighting chance. Hope they do.

My prediction is gilas will be in top 16 in 2023 at best, and secind round at worst

Comment

I wil reserve my predictions until we have a clear idea of how the uneup will look like. But IMO, Kai, aj, perez and remy Martin are must haves as far as the local makeup of the team is concerned. Getting kouame exempted will be a big boost but nothing will beat the impact of a Jordan clarkson being allowed to play as a local. Then we get the right naturalized player and I think we can upset any team except the Americans
          We can if Usa will not parade their best players(I higjly doubt)

Spain, Serbia, Argentina will be tough.

But given the situations you gave, we will be at par with italy or greece

Comment

I wil reserve my predictions until we have a clear idea of how the uneup will look like. But IMO, Kai, aj, perez and remy Martin are must haves as far as the local makeup of the team is concerned. Getting kouame exempted will be a big boost but nothing will beat the impact of a Jordan clarkson being allowed to play as a local. Then we get the right naturalized player and I think we can upset any team except the Americans
            Hmmm so based on what you’re saying.

PG: Remy Martin/
            SG: Jordan Clarkson/CJ Perez
            SF: Chris McCullough/
            PF: AJ Edu/
            C: Kai Sotto/Ange Kouame

Then just plug in the kiefer cadet core. Ray Parks Jr., Kiefer Ravena, Troy Rosario, RR Pogoy, Matthew Wright. Then some of the current cadets Thirdy Ravena, Juan GDL, Javi GDL, Dwight Ramos, Kobe Paras. Also some of the past gilas players who could still be serviceable such as June Mar Fajardo, Poy Erram,Robert Bolick, Terrence Romeo, Ian Sangalang and Raymond Almazan. Then we have ourselves a (dream)pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by curtaincall View Post
              Hmmm so based on what you’re saying.

PG: Remy Martin/
              SF: Chris McCullough/
              PF: AJ Edu/
              C: Kai Sotto/Ange Kouame

Then just plug in the kiefer cadet core. Ray Parks Jr., Kiefer Ravena, Troy Rosario, RR Pogoy, Matthew Wright. Then some of the current cadets Thirdy Ravena, Juan GDL, Javi GDL, Dwight Ramos, Kobe Paras. Also some of the past gilas players who could still be serviceable such as June Mar Fajardo, Poy Erram,Robert Bolick, Terrence Romeo, Ian Sangalang and Raymond Almazan. Then we have ourselves a (dream)pool.
              PG: Remy Martin/Ray Parks Jr./Terrence Romeo
              SF: Chris McCullough/Thirdy Ravena
              PF: AJ Edu/Troy Rosario
              C: Kai Sotto/Ange Kouame/June Mar Fajardo
              Would be a toss between kiefer, bolick and romeo. This might be the most internationally experienced RP team and also the tallest. I think we have a good case for Kouame. Remy and Jordan’s case still very doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
                PG: Remy Martin/Ray Parks Jr./Terrence Romeo
                SF: Chris McCullough/Thirdy Ravena
                PF: AJ Edu/Troy Rosario
                C: Kai Sotto/Ange Kouame/June Mar Fajardo
                Would be a toss between kiefer, bolick and romeo. This might be the most internationally experienced RP team and also the tallest. I think we have a good case for Kouame. Remy and Jordan’s case still very doubtful.
                And who will be the coach is important.

If "Coach Sandy" level coach will coach it, it will put into naught.

We need a world fiba caliber coach. I think if SBP will hire a coach, he must have a better resume than coach tab. It is weird to have an assistant coach which is better than the head coach in national teams

Comment

• I think the best coach for Fiba 2023 would be Tim Cone,cause he knows well how Filipino basketball style is..his patriotism for Filipino is high because of his long tenure in the Philippines.
                  Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                  Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

• ^^The problem with this is, Tim Cone's experience is mostly just PBA with one stint in the Asian games and in the SEA Games.

We need someone with more international experience. And Filipino fans should learn to bite their tongues and give these coaches a slack if their "manok" did not make it to the line up.

We also need to be more open to international coaches in ALL our leagues to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by allan_373 View Post
                      I think the best coach for Fiba 2023 would be Tim Cone,cause he knows well how Filipino basketball style is..his patriotism for Filipino is high because of his long tenure in the Philippines.
                      Sorry, but that is not good enough. FIBA is way more competitive than PBA. Filipino style of basketball is outdated. And most coaches have 5-10 years experience playing against top teams internationally.
                      #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by allan_373 View Post
                        I think the best coach for Fiba 2023 would be Tim Cone,cause he knows well how Filipino basketball style is..his patriotism for Filipino is high because of his long tenure in the Philippines.
                        Yeng Guiao knows what Filipino basketball style is, yet...

Its not about being familiar with Filipino brand of basketball. Its about being familiar with FIBA brand of basketball
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Artek View Post
                          ^^The problem with this is, Tim Cone's experience is mostly just PBA with one stint in the Asian games and in the SEA Games.

We need someone with more international experience. And Filipino fans should learn to bite their tongues and give these coaches a slack if their "manok" did not make it to the line up.

We also need to be more open to international coaches in ALL our leagues to them.
                          I couldn't agree with you more
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Yeng Guiao knows what Filipino basketball style is, yet...

Its not about being familiar with Filipino brand of basketball. Its about being familiar with FIBA brand of basketball
                            THIS. 100% agree

Comment

• Everyone should watch again how Tim Cone SEAG's team handled that single/double/triple ball screen compared to dickel/tab's team against Indonesia. You can see the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZIMATAR View Post
                                Everyone should watch again how Tim Cone SEAG's team handled that single/double/triple ball screen compared to dickel/tab's team against Indonesia. You can see the difference.
                                plus tim cone’s team are mostly veterans so more matured and experienced. won by 27 i think (indonesians fans think they are catching up). while dickel’s team mostly inexperienced with the help of coach tab won by 30. mostly pinoy hoop fans thinks a hall of fame coach in the PBA will be good in international game.lol. what if Coach Tim was the head coach of the 1st window team for a two weeks of practice. we all know he’s depending more on veterans and not good developing young players.
                                LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                                Morayta

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information