Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2036

Thread: Fiba World Cup 2023 Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    I believe he did lose weight. He weighed heavier than that during his Blackwater stint. You could see how his arms were flabby so was his core. He and his trainer just posted a few days ago the
    Before and after of his 3 month workout. Surely lost a lot of weight.
    Nice to hear that
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Agreed.

Anyway, Koreans is always having a hard time against our quucker and stronger guards. But the question is can we stop their guards ftom 3?.

3>2 as they say. You could argue that 2 has higher percentage, but that is not the case with korea.

With Ratliffe, We must able to handle him 1 on 1,or else their shooters will kills us. I cannot forget that 17/22 from 3 shooting of Koreans against us
    Kai and AJ, 2 years from now, will be our best big men. However, opponents like Ratliffe are why junmar is still a necessity. Add a justine baltazar into that mix and we'll be fine at the 5 and 4. But if the kouame plan pans out, we'll have one of the most versatile 5 and 4 rotations in the 2023 world cup
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Agree.

They don't have players like Jayson Castro, Terrence Romeo or a CJ Perez who would really finish strong during drive-in plays. Just let the 2nd line of our defense take care of the Korean penetrator while our perimeter defenders stay in front of their men. Let them drive, ki kick-out lang yan.

Of course its easier said than done. Its always been like that
    Natural reaction ata yan from our players. They are not used to those kinds of offensive schemes set by our opponents. They are also not used to face players and teams with ridiculous amount accuracy from 3 point line.

TNT under Dickel comes the closest one in my mind.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Agree.

They don't have players like Jayson Castro, Terrence Romeo or a CJ Perez who would really finish strong during drive-in plays. Just let the 2nd line of our defense take care of the Korean penetrator while our perimeter defenders stay in front of their men. Let them drive, ki kick-out lang yan.

Of course its easier said than done. Its always been like that
    A lot of our players are like that. They’d love going strong against taller opponents even though they’re a foot shorter. Because if it goes in “Ano height mo?” “Panis”. Cardona-like attitude. That says a lot about our culture. We’d rather do extraordinary things done just a simple kickout or swing-swing 3 pointer.

Maybe also because of the 1on1, dayo, pustahan culture that we have. Every shot counts so better go hard and make closer shots lol

A lot of our players are like that. They’d love going strong against taller opponents even though they’re a foot shorter. Because if it goes in “Ano height mo?” “Panis”. Cardona-like attitude. That says a lot about our culture. We’d rather do extraordinary things done just a simple kickout or swing-swing 3 pointer.

Maybe also because of the 1on1, dayo, pustahan culture that we have. Every shot counts so better go hard and make closer shots lol
    Thats is one thing Mark Dickel likes about us, no fear in penetrating. This causes a virtual double team as the big has to help out high and opens our offense from drop passes inside or kick out threes.

Stopping or neutralizing those Korean 3-pt. shooters isn't about individual defensive effort but its more on teamwork in defense. Its not really about like telling our guards & swingmen to always stick to the Korean shooters like leeches & not leave them open from the outside. Again, its mainly about coordination in defense. Our problem playing against a good shooting team like Korea has always been our tendency to collapse in the middle everytime a Korean guard drives to the lane. Korea thrives on the so called drive & kick out plays. Hence everytime our offense collapse in the middle in reaction to a Korean that penetrates the lane, a Korean player would be left wide open from the 3-pt. arc for a kick-out pass. Its a major flaw in our defense that we have yet to address. Ilang beses na sa atin ginagawa ng mga Koreans yan but we have never learned our lessons.
    Lack of preparation also is the issue. Look at how we defended Korea in 2013 and even 2011. If we had a better preparation players will know when to switch, trap high or agressive , go under or over screen. And the defender of the screen can delay the entry by showing high on flare screen. Remember our lineup changes like half of the personnel so they are not too familiar how Korea moves.

Compare then to Korea, who are training for months and have a core team playing each tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Lack of preparation also is the issue. Look at how we defended Korea in 2013 and even 2011. If we had a better preparation players will know when to switch, trap high or agressive , go under or over screen. And the defender of the screen can delay the entry by showing high on flare screen. Remember our lineup changes like half of the personnel so they are not too familiar how Korea moves.

Compare then to Korea, who are training for months and have a core team playing each tournament.
    Common perception is that a team doesn't need teamwork in defense as much as it does in offense. But in high level basketball, teamwork in defense is as important as teamwork in offense.

And teamwork in both offense & defense involve time. A team could not develop enough teamwork in offense & defense if it prepares for a major international tournament like it is preparing for an all star festivities
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

And if a player doesn't drive it strong and just settle for a jumpshot, some would say "takot ka yata sumalaksak sa loob eh"

Common perception is that a team doesn't need teamwork in defense as much as it does in offense. But in high level basketball, teamwork in defense is as important as teamwork in offense.

And teamwork in both offense & defense involve time. A team could not develop enough teamwork in offense & defense if it prepares for a major international tournament like it is preparing for an all star festivities
    Actually it takes longer to prepare to be a good cohesive defensive team , than it is in offense. cause defense requires all 5 players to play as one unit, in offense it is possbile to just rely on one or two players individual talent
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    From a practical standpoint, it makes sense because Ange is young and very serviceable for the next decade. Plus, the PH is already like a second home to him.

I'm a little wary though of Gilas being predominantly an Ateneo team with some holdovers. Hell, Ateneo + TNT may already be just that.

Totally agree with you. Very pleased with the number of talented and promising people. Personally, it always inspires me a lot. I like to watch this and to some extent follow their example. Just recently, I realized that you can also make money on it. Since I was left without work through quarantine, I have to use all possible types of earnings. Via syndicate bet I can do what I really like and get money for it.

Simba130 go to hell, you spammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Korea always zone us up because we cant get to connect our threes .While on defense they always ate us up with their terrific almost perfect offense. Lots of pick and rolls that confuses our players. Needless to say theyre very well conditioned and invest a lot on exposing their young players in international competition. Advantage din sa kanila yung fiba style of play because their coaches were all born to that system.

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    Korea always zone us up because we cant get to connect our threes .While on defense they always ate us up with their terrific almost perfect offense. Lots of pick and rolls that confuses our players. Needless to say theyre very well conditioned and invest a lot on exposing their young players in international competition. Advantage din sa kanila yung fiba style of play because their coaches were all born to that system.

Credits to Yeshkel

If Philippines is really serious in 2023. They should start now. As in NOW. I think basketball will be alllowed within a few weeks or a month

All Gilas Players should be practicing now and having exgibhition game with other national team. Yes NATIONAL TEAM of other countries if possible. Walang mangyayari kung pba team lang ang katuneup.

Gilas players should be make themseleves available full time with gilas. Except for players outside philippines.(Kai,Sage,edu)

As much as I like Perez,Bolick,JMF to join our NT. I prefer not to pick them if they will be only release 10 DAYS, afain 10 Days before the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    If Philippines is really serious in 2023. They should start now. As in NOW. I think basketball will be alllowed within a few weeks or a month

All Gilas Players should be practicing now and having exgibhition game with other national team. Yes NATIONAL TEAM of other countries if possible. Walang mangyayari kung pba team lang ang katuneup.

Gilas players should be make themseleves available full time with gilas. Except for players outside philippines.(Kai,Sage,edu)

As much as I like Perez,Bolick,JMF to join our NT. I prefer not to pick them if they will be only release 10 DAYS, afain 10 Days before the tournament.
    Just wait for IATF to allow our athletes to practice.. but even on practice eh they will not allowed to practice more than 5 persons.. but it is still ok.. IATF should allow all athletes to train now..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Just wait for IATF to allow our athletes to practice.. but even on practice eh they will not allowed to practice more than 5 persons.. but it is still ok.. IATF should allow all athletes to train now..
    Yeah. So our players can be back in game shape

This is how guam establishes the eligibility of their players:

"FIBA eligibility rules require either a Guam birth certificate or residency in Guam of at least 4 years prior to the age of 16. Only 1 player can be eligible on each roster that established their residency in Guam after the age of 16."

https://www.guamsportsnetwork.com/20...-of-potential/

While we are still focus on thirdy ravena and tab Baldwin issue eh until now our government still no go signal for athletes (especially our gilas pilipinas) to be able to practice once again.. NCR still in gcq so still not allowed to start practice.. I'm bit worried because our plans beyond 2023 still delayed due to this pandemic.. other countries who are much more heavy casualty in this pandemic are already give go signal in their athletes to practice, or already start their professional leagues.. while us are still waiting.. what will happened in our gilas if the 2nd window this coming November is still resume and we are can't be able to prepare due to this decision of our government to hold our athletes.. while jeepneys, buses, restaurants, cinemas, tourism and gyms are now open even these ones are hard implementations of social distancing while training of our athletes are still not allowed? Why IATF? I'm more disappointed now in our government, as a pro-duterte eh I'm disappointed right now.. the AFC/world cup qualifiers for FIFA eh will start by October but still azkals players are not been allowed..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    This is how guam establishes the eligibility of their players:

"FIBA eligibility rules require either a Guam birth certificate or residency in Guam of at least 4 years prior to the age of 16. Only 1 player can be eligible on each roster that established their residency in Guam after the age of 16."

https://www.guamsportsnetwork.com/20...-of-potential/
    And you can see the principle focus of exceptions ( residency around 16 years old ) , wala wala yung blood BS... Of course "citizienship however acquired is mandatory though
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    While we are still focus on thirdy ravena and tab Baldwin issue eh until now our government still no go signal for athletes (especially our gilas pilipinas) to be able to practice once again.. NCR still in gcq so still not allowed to start practice.. I'm bit worried because our plans beyond 2023 still delayed due to this pandemic.. other countries who are much more heavy casualty in this pandemic are already give go signal in their athletes to practice, or already start their professional leagues.. while us are still waiting.. what will happened in our gilas if the 2nd window this coming November is still resume and we are can't be able to prepare due to this decision of our government to hold our athletes.. while jeepneys, buses, restaurants, cinemas, tourism and gyms are now open even these ones are hard implementations of social distancing while training of our athletes are still not allowed? Why IATF? I'm more disappointed now in our government, as a pro-duterte eh I'm disappointed right now.. the AFC/world cup qualifiers for FIFA eh will start by October but still azkals players are not been allowed..
    Panalo naman raw against UP , LOL

Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast