Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1931

Thread: Fiba World Cup 2023 Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by heystifler View Post
    LOL @ FB GROUP ( AJ EDU) recently joined and I was like wtf man
    Haha. Welll be fine. They're not joining as mods but as members just like us so I guess there's no kicking of unwanted opinions happening. The bright side is there pretty resourceful so I guess that'll add to the conversations
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

one of the admins of aj edu fb fan page is also a member here who happens to have 2 nicks..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    one of the admins of aj edu fb fan page is also a member here who happens to have 2 nicks..
    I don't get it why people need more than one account
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

Dalph looking sharp here. His body developed well and looks like he can withstand more contact now. I also like that he keeps his head high even during transition offense--keeps his vision on the floor and can readily pass to an open teammate.

Doesn't show a lot of finishing around the basket tho, could be minor (due to editing) but could be a concern as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heystifler View Post
    LOL @ FB GROUP ( AJ EDU) recently joined and I was like wtf man
    Exactly lol. I feel like some people in that group are too young. They feel like their opinions are always right. Theres been a couple of guys who wants an all fil-foreign team. No homegrowns and wants to get rid of hagop rule. They don’t understand that its made to see how well a country develop players through their basketball program. No homegrowns at all.

Theres also a guy who wants to create a league without american imports cause he believes SEA players are on that same level? Delvin Goh and Tyler Lamb specifically.

Other people think that we are better at developing players because we have sent 2 homegrowns to play HS basketball in the US in the last 6 years, compared to Japan and China. They literally have a total of 6 players combined that have been affiliated to the NBA in the past couple of years. Meanwhile we have 4 and 2 of them are ineligibles and the other 2 were undrafted.

Thats why I love this forum. Healthy discussions most of the time and they know what the national team program and actual grassroots programs lack in.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Exactly lol. I feel like some people in that group are too young. They feel like their opinions are always right. Theres been a couple of guys who wants an all fil-foreign team. No homegrowns and wants to get rid of hagop rule. They don’t understand that its made to see how well a country develop players through their basketball program. No homegrowns at all.

Theres also a guy who wants to create a league without american imports cause he believes SEA players are on that same level? Delvin Goh and Tyler Lamb specifically.

Other people think that we are better at developing players because we have sent 2 homegrowns to play HS basketball in the US in the last 6 years, compared to Japan and China. They literally have a total of 6 players combined that have been affiliated to the NBA in the past couple of years. Meanwhile we have 4 and 2 of them are ineligibles and the other 2 were undrafted.

Thats why I love this forum. Healthy discussions most of the time and they know what the national team program and actual grassroots programs lack in.
    Noticed they are very hungry for fil-foreigns too. Not much exposure to homegrowns.

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post

Dalph looking sharp here. His body developed well and looks like he can withstand more contact now. I also like that he keeps his head high even during transition offense--keeps his vision on the floor and can readily pass to an open teammate.

Doesn't show a lot of finishing around the basket tho, could be minor (due to editing) but could be a concern as well.
    He was definitely a man among boys in that mixtape. It's like watching a pro play in a "ligang labas" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    He was definitely a man among boys in that mixtape. It's like watching a pro play in a "ligang labas" lol
    It was nice to know that he is very active in “ligang labas“ in other countries tho. I know that most players really came from that environment and just dreamt of playing in those types of leagues when they were a kid. Like Terrence Romeo, Calvin Abueva etc locally and I know Pat Maagdenberg, Josh Torallba were very active in Filipino Leagues in NZ and US respectively.

Whats the path for dalph,he cannot join phil college teams anymore?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    It was nice to know that he is very active in “ligang labas“ in other countries tho. I know that most players really came from that environment and just dreamt of playing in those types of leagues when they were a kid. Like Terrence Romeo, Calvin Abueva etc locally and I know Pat Maagdenberg, Josh Torallba were very active in Filipino Leagues in NZ and US respectively.
    Ah i see, ligang labas pala. Did not make that connection immediately. So that's why his dribble penetrations were limited--ingat sa contacts and injuries. Smort.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    He can always play for Euroleague or italian league.

If he play here, coaches will put him as SG.. hehehhehehe

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    You said it, he was beaten by Oumar Ballo. Isnt it much better for Kai to get revenge against ballo. And there may some players in their age bracket that is a good or better than Kai and Ballo.

And It will be given more exposure for Kai.

As long as it is not conflict eith g league, Kai will play for batang gilas. And if so. Kai should dominate. And he should be the TOP PLAYER
    He will meet him in any league or even in the nba.. he will surely get his revenge.. don't worry.. but Kai needs tougher competition.. he will play in g-league right? For sure his opponents there is against older than him.. maybe others are double at his age.. then why should he need to play in an age bracket tournament? Momentum wise it will not benefit for him.. testing his skills vs Asia's best players after g-league stint will be more beneficial for him and boost his stock rather than playing against under develop 18 year old below players.. and besides I think FIBA asia u-18 tournament will be cancel this year due to pandemic.. thus the u-19 world cup next year is questionable.. and if u-19 tournament will held next year maybe we will not able to make it due to low ranking than either China, Australia, Korea, Japan and new Zealand.. so our chances to play in u-19 next year is in the air... And what if we will can't be able to participate in u-19 next year then the 2021 FIBA Asia cup is the only tournament the Philippines can join.. so for Kai's camp if he wants to play for us next year then only the Asia cup are only available tournament that he can join and besides if he was drafted in the nba then the only time that he can join us is between August to early September.. the summer league will be held by July, the u-19 world cup always held late June or early July.. so definitely schedule is also a problem for him.. but the Asia cup schedule (August 17-29) is widely open for him to join.. the training camp will be held in 2nd-3rd week of September..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    He will meet him in any league or even in the nba.. he will surely get his revenge.. don't worry.. but Kai needs tougher competition.. he will play in g-league right? For sure his opponents there is against older than him.. maybe others are double at his age.. then why should he need to play in an age bracket tournament? Momentum wise it will not benefit for him.. testing his skills vs Asia's best players after g-league stint will be more beneficial for him and boost his stock rather than playing against under develop 18 year old below players.. and besides I think FIBA asia u-18 tournament will be cancel this year due to pandemic.. thus the u-19 world cup next year is questionable.. and if u-19 tournament will held next year maybe we will not able to make it due to low ranking than either China, Australia, Korea, Japan and new Zealand.. so our chances to play in u-19 next year is in the air... And what if we will can't be able to participate in u-19 next year then the 2021 FIBA Asia cup is the only tournament the Philippines can join.. so for Kai's camp if he wants to play for us next year then only the Asia cup are only available tournament that he can join and besides if he was drafted in the nba then the only time that he can join us is between August to early September.. the summer league will be held by July, the u-19 world cup always held late June or early July.. so definitely schedule is also a problem for him.. but the Asia cup schedule (August 17-29) is widely open for him to join.. the training camp will be held in 2nd-3rd week of September..
    the fiba u18 might happen next year around march and most likely kai won’t able to play due to g league and if we qualify, he can play if he wants to.. he might not even play for asia cup.. remember the nba will start late next season(december) and finish probably around august. ( if they play the whole 82 game season).. lagare na is kai if ever with no rest..

I think he will play college ball in US. In one of his Instagram Live someone asked about it and he says there are some offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    the fiba u18 might happen next year around march and most likely kai won’t able to play due to g league and if we qualify, he can play if he wants to.. he might not even play for asia cup.. remember the nba will start late next season(december) and finish probably around august. ( if they play the whole 82 game season).. lagare na is kai if ever with no rest..
    For sure next NBA season (2020-21) will be shortened.. they will met up the the original schedule w/c is June for NBA finals.. they can shortened the regular season as they did if the nba was in lockout.. unless covid-19 will have 2nd wave in US then that's a problem.. another thing is Olympics will be also held by late July next year so definitely NBA will go out and finish the next season until mid june, so players who will play for Olympics are have time to rest and prepare for their country.. as for FIBA Asia as concerned eh Kai is widely available there because the separation between Olympics and Asia cup next year is only 2 weeks separate.. and we are not qualified for OQT so we were only prepare next in our participation in FIBA Asia cup.. training camp will be the mid September next year also, so Kai is available for Asia cup.. if he wants to join.. as for u-18 tournament eh for sure many agree with me that he can't play if they start on march next year because he was still in g-league then.. so my wish that Ethan kirkness will be the priority big man will be up.. I hope Ethan can hold his ground Vs Asian young elites.. this is his time to prove to us that he is also a prospect in the gilas program in the future..

For sure next NBA season (2020-21) will be shortened.. they will met up the the original schedule w/c is June for NBA finals.. they can shortened the regular season as they did if the nba was in lockout.. unless covid-19 will have 2nd wave in US then that's a problem.. another thing is Olympics will be also held by late July next year so definitely NBA will go out and finish the next season until mid june, so players who will play for Olympics are have time to rest and prepare for their country.. as for FIBA Asia as concerned eh Kai is widely available there because the separation between Olympics and Asia cup next year is only 2 weeks separate.. and we are not qualified for OQT so we were only prepare next in our participation in FIBA Asia cup.. training camp will be the mid September next year also, so Kai is available for Asia cup.. if he wants to join.. as for u-18 tournament eh for sure many agree with me that he can't play if they start on march next year because he was still in g-league then.. so my wish that Ethan kirkness will be the priority big man will be up.. I hope Ethan can hold his ground Vs Asian young elites.. this is his time to prove to us that he is also a prospect in the gilas program in the future..
    If kai won't be available, then there's none we can do about that. But if he can, he should. Having Kai in there won't mean ethan won't get his minutes. I think it will actually be better for ethan to have Kai with him than to carry the whole pressure of manning the middle by himself. We can even have sage as well and ethan can still have his miblnutes if he proves to be worth it. Ethan can play 5 and kai 4 (5 when ethan is resting) , sage can be the other 4 and can also play 3. Add Michael Phillips who's a combo forward and demisana and we may have the best frontline in the Asian u18. I think we can win that tournament, why miss that chance. When was the last time we won an Asian age group tournament? Can't even remember

- lurklurk

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    If kai won't be available, then there's none we can do about that. But if he can, he should. Having Kai in there won't mean ethan won't get his minutes. I think it will actually be better for ethan to have Kai with him than to carry the whole pressure of manning the middle by himself. We can even have sage as well and ethan can still have his miblnutes if he proves to be worth it. Ethan can play 5 and kai 4 (5 when ethan is resting) , sage can be the other 4 and can also play 3. Add Michael Phillips who's a combo forward and demisana and we may have the best frontline in the Asian u18. I think we can win that tournament, why miss that chance. When was the last time we won an Asian age group tournament? Can't even remember
    Sorry to say that Kai will be not available for u-18 Asia cup.. the only time where he is available is only from late July to early September next year.. the only tournament that he can join to gilas is the FIBA Asia cup.. if he's not available then most like 2023 is the next gilas appearance for Kai.. as I said much better that he will be tasting Asian basketball level before going to NBA.. it will prepare for him to NBA physical and mentally.. he is already in the g-league playing against much older counterparts then he should continue it and leave playing boy like tournaments.. he is now already grown man player.. and perfect opportunity for Ethan to make his case as next in line bigs for us.. playing in u-18 as starting center for Ethan will definitely boost up his confidence back.. we need ethan also to grow as a good center for gilas.. long term it will good for our development.. winning is for secondary.. our main target is to qualify for 2024 summer Olympics.. that is biggest achievement that we can do right now moving forward..

If he play here, coaches will put him as SG.. hehehhehehe
    Sf pa nga paminsan ala lasalle

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Sf pa nga paminsan ala lasalle
    If he decides to play here eh go straight to the pba.. I think he is now better than some of the starting point guards in the pba today..

Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast