This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Well up to you.. different people, different priorities.. all fil-foreigns are..

Heard sbp tried to get fil-belgian wing guy but he mentioned he wants to make the cut for belgian u16 NT. But he didn't make it. I don't know if sbp contact him or the fil-belgian wing contact sbp after he got cut
    Exactly. Homegrown Australians even have a hard time to represent their country in FIBA tournaments because they are busy securing US scholarships through AAU tournaments. What more with the likes of Rosser and Barefield who has a minimal connection to the Philippines.

If they really wanted to play for the Philippines they would sacrifice a lot of things for the country diba? Most of these FilAms only see $$$ in the PH when they are older. But when they were younger “thank you” sa suporta lang. Isnt it obvious why its hard to secure FilAms for the national team? Eli Ramos who is eligible and literally in the Philippines before U18 and U19 started (yes both times) begged off from the pool. Who was the last US based FilAm to play for our youth teams?
    We want all these Fil-Foreigners to play for us like we own them or something.
    Last edited by curtaincall; 07-16-2020, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• This is my first time making a dream lineup for Gilas 2023.

PG - Kiefer Ravena/Robert Bolick/Terrence Romeo
      Combo Guard - CJ Perez
      Combo Guard - Thirdy Ravena
      Wing - Jordan Clarkson
      Wing - Dwight Ramos
      Wing - Ray Parks/Dave Idefonso
      Wing (Designated Shooter) - RR Pogoy/Matthew Wright/Allyn Bulanadi/Rhenz Abando
      Combo Forward - Kobe Paras
      Combo Forward - Troy Rosario/Justin Baltazar
      Big - Kai Sotto
      Big - AJ Edu
      Big - JunMar Fajardo/Angelo Kouame

So i'm still following the 3-4-5 template but with some distinction between PG/combo guard and big/combo forward.

My shoo-ins are CJ, thirdy, JC, Dwight, KP, Kai and AJ. The others have competition.

I'm still on the fence with the designated shooter spot. I'd probably give it to one of our top teenagers (Lebron or Sage).

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
        This is my first time making a dream lineup for Gilas 2023.

PG - Kiefer Ravena/Robert Bolick/Terrence Romeo
        Combo Guard - CJ Perez
        Combo Guard - Thirdy Ravena
        Wing - Jordan Clarkson
        Wing - Dwight Ramos
        Wing - Ray Parks/Dave Idefonso
        Wing (Designated Shooter) - RR Pogoy/Matthew Wright/Allyn Bulanadi/Rhenz Abando
        Combo Forward - Kobe Paras
        Combo Forward - Troy Rosario/Justin Baltazar
        Big - Kai Sotto
        Big - AJ Edu
        Big - JunMar Fajardo/Angelo Kouame

So i'm still following the 3-4-5 template but with some distinction between PG/combo guard and big/combo forward.

My shoo-ins are CJ, thirdy, JC, Dwight, KP, Kai and AJ. The others have competition.

I'm still on the fence with the designated shooter spot. I'd probably give it to one of our top teenagers (Lebron or Sage).
        I go with 4 guards, 4 wings, 4 Bigs.

Guards (This is very hard)
        Cj Perez/Kiefer
        Ray Parks/Abando
        Bolick /Romeo
        Deliano/Thirdy

Wings (Also Hard)

Clarkson/Cmac
        Ildefonso/Ramos
        Bulanadi/Lopez
        Troy/Paras

Bigs (Very Easy)

Sotto
        Edu
        Sage
        JMF

With limited 12 slots, we cannot get all. May di talaga masasali which you can say deserving of a spot.

The only shooins for me are NP(Cmac/JC), Sotto, Edu, and Sage.

As much as possible, I want to balance athleticism and shooting. That is why guards and wings are hard to choose.

The Bigs are obvious.

Comment

• I cannot understand why we cannot have FULL TIME Gilas players/ team that will train and compete internationally like jones cup,etc.

Maybe Future Nba players like Kai,Aj, and current nba player JC are the only ones exempted due to the fact that they will be in the nba

I know politics. But after a terrible showing last year world cup.

They need to forget Politics or else our country reputation will significantly go down.

Pba special draft are a good start.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            I cannot understand why we cannot have FULL TIME Gilas players/ team that will train and compete internationally like jones cup,etc.

Maybe Future Nba players like Kai,Aj, and current nba player JC are the only ones exempted due to the fact that they will be in the nba

I know politics. But after a terrible showing last year world cup.

They need to forget Politics or else our country reputation will significantly go down.

Pba special draft are a good start.
            impatient?
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              impatient?
              Patience is good. But overpatience is bad.

I heard that "be patient" decades ago until now.

Be patient until 10 days before Fiba world cup to practice?!!!!

Comment

Patience is good. But overpatience is bad.

I heard that "be patient" decades ago until now.

Be patient until 10 days before Fiba world cup to practice?!!!!
                Look what's happening in the world.. they're suppose to train this year.. they have plans.. like what i said, not all details need to be broadcast in public..
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

I go with 4 guards, 4 wings, 4 Bigs.

Guards (This is very hard)
                  Cj Perez/Kiefer
                  Ray Parks/Abando
                  Bolick /Romeo
                  Deliano/Thirdy

Wings (Also Hard)

Clarkson/Cmac
                  Ildefonso/Ramos
                  Bulanadi/Lopez
                  Troy/Paras

Bigs (Very Easy)

Sotto
                  Edu
                  Sage
                  JMF

With limited 12 slots, we cannot get all. May di talaga masasali which you can say deserving of a spot.

The only shooins for me are NP(Cmac/JC), Sotto, Edu, and Sage.

As much as possible, I want to balance athleticism and shooting. That is why guards and wings are hard to choose.

The Bigs are obvious.
                  weird to have Rosario as a wing. also with your lineup, you have edu as a full-time 4? aside from troy/paras slot, wala ng iba e. unlesss you will say na sure na si CMAC sa lineup mo.

Comment

• For me, my 2023 lineup would be a mix of veterans, youth and height. Hope all improve their outside shooting and guards improve their playmaking.

Guards-
                    Bolick
                    CJ
                    Thirdy
                    Ildefonso
                    DRamos
                    Parks

Forwards
                    CMac
                    Tamayo
                    Paras

Bigs:
                    Sotto
                    Edu
                    JMF

Comment

• ^ tamayo instead of troy? interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        weird to have Rosario as a wing. also with your lineup, you have edu as a full-time 4? aside from troy/paras slot, wala ng iba e. unlesss you will say na sure na si CMAC sa lineup mo.
                        I already mentioned that JC/Cmac are shooins. Both of them can/will play the wing. I try to finalize 12.

Paras,Troy,Edu,Sage can play 4. Even Kai can play 4 sometimes if JMF is in the floor

Guards

Cj Perez
                        Ray Parks
                        Bolick

Wings

Cmac/JC (shooin)
                        Paras
                        Rosario
                        Bulanadi
                        Lopez/Ildefonso(Maybe lopez too young)
                        Dwight Ramos(If Sage is not eligible)

Bigs (These are shoo ins)

Sotto
                        Edu
                        JMF
                        Sage(If eligible)

Guards are easily replacable. Wings(aside from NP) have a lot of competition. Bigs, as I said are all shoo ins. They are our strength right now.

You can argue Bulanadi and Bolick inclusion. But without them, I will not have shooting. I want to balance shooting and athleticism.

Mahirap siksikin sa 12 slots e. We have a more deeper pool now than in the past

Comment

• Question should be if PBA guys outside the MVP franchises could still be available to Gilas. I see problems since the Tab Baldwin incident and now Greg wants out of the PBA and wants to play for the National Team.We all know what kind of politics we have in this country.They may act that belligerent to justify their acts of not lending players. You may say that i'm speculating but this has happened before.
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            Question should be if PBA guys outside the MVP franchises could still be available to Gilas. I see problems since the Tab Baldwin incident and now Greg wants out of the PBA and wants to play for the National Team.We all know what kind of politics we have in this country.They may act that belligerent to justify their acts of not lending players. You may say that i'm speculating but this has happened before.
                            They have to. If they will do that. They will lose some prospects that always wanted to play for NT.
                            For ex. Kai,Aj,Thirdy. Especially Aj. I think Edu family clearly stated that they will not play AJ in Uaap and pba because of politics and hindrance to play for NT.

Besides, Even if they will not lend players. Coach Tab can still form a great lineup.

Guards
                            Jgdl
                            Thirdy
                            Abando

Wings
                            Dave I
                            Lopez
                            Paras
                            Ramos
                            Cmac/JC

Bigs
                            Kai
                            Edu
                            Sage/Phillips
                            Demisana/Kirkness/

This is still a good lineup. Guards are a little undersized. But I have combo guards in my wings that can play 1 and 2.

So,I don't think it is logical for Pba to stop lending players. Especially pba MUST stop. Because We are the host. And all courts (Moa,Araneta,Phil. arena) will be used in 2023.

Comment

• 2023 wishlist

PG: Ray Parks Jr./CJ Perez
                              SG: Jordan Clarkson/Thirdy Ravena/Matthew Wright
                              SF: Troy Rosario/Kobe Paras
                              PF: AJ Edu/Poy Erram/Sage Tolentino
                              C: Kai Sotto/Junemar Fajardo

Dwight Ramos
                              Lebron Lopez
                              Ange Kouame
                              Justine Baltazar
                              Carl Tamayo
                              Tbh its actually a toss up between Dwight Ramos, Matthew Wright and Thirdy Ravena.

Comment

• Co-host Indonesia is not guaranteed an automatic spot in 2023 FIBA World Cup.

They have to finish at least in Eighth Place at the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup.

Right now, they are not even sure if they will qualify for the Asia Cup.

If ever, they have to go through a qualifying process for about five, six or seven spots reserved for Asia starting in November 2021 if they want to play in the World Cup.

http://servssports.wordpress.com
                                Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                                Servinio's Blog of Sports
                                Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                                Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                                Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information