Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2358

Thread: UAAP Season 81

Quote Originally Posted by reddeadll View Post
    Baltazar was 19 already when the Bullpups won in 2016 (the NU magic: bullying DLSZ kids 2-3 years younger). He was a "rook" last year at 20. He'll be 22 next year in February.

To put things into perspective: Baltazar is just 3 months younger than Thirdy Ravena. Ken Tuffin is younger than Baltazar. Isaac Go is 8 months older than Baltazar.
    but balty will be 22 when play his fourth year in uaap.. 23 last..

http://stats.humblebola.com/uaap/pla...ltazar-Justine

he was 19 when he got the juniors champ as second sem yunnjuniors tourney
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

^Good point, thought it does not change the fact that he is older than probably 99% of his batch. That being said, he is by far the best local center in the UAAP (maybe even in the whole amateur ranks), and the devil in me kinda wishes Taane skips out this year so that Baltazar continues to get heavy playing time. My hope is that Baltazar ends up as a faster and a higher-skilled Almazan after two years.

Re: Muyang. That guy is what, 23 already? He played for DLSU back in 2015, and if I remember correctly was a transferee from one of the NCAA schools before that.

Age limit should be set at 24.

Also no more dissapointing team than NU.
    That team has talent.
    More talent than Adamson tbh and yet they have opposite records.
    Jamike doesnt know how to use Gaye.
    Aquino never improved.
    Last edited by Tuck; 11-08-2018 at 05:21 PM.

^I thought I was the only one who noticed that the success of Adamson's campaign seems to be proportional to how disappointing NU's is.

However, we do need to take into account that the main gunners of NU seem to all be greenhorns.

Baltazar looks faster from what I remember him in HS. Probably the effect of scrimmaging against Mbala for two years.

Those fastbreak dunks look like layups too him. This guy needs to develop his dribbling. He should be part of the national pool.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    ^I thought I was the only one who noticed that the success of Adamson's campaign seems to be proportional to how disappointing NU's is.

However, we do need to take into account that the main gunners of NU seem to all be greenhorns.
    adamson has continued to rise in UAAP i expect this team to reach the finals.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Age limit should be set at 24.

Also no more dissapointing team than NU.
    That team has talent.
    More talent than Adamson tbh and yet they have opposite records.
    Jamike doesnt know how to use Gaye.
    Aquino never improved.
    i think if NU doesn't make it to F4 next season then monteverde will surely replace him. indeed NU is loaded with talent. their wing is so damn good with ildefonso and clemente. im just baffled with what happened to matt aquino.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

arvin tolentino is like 20 when he entered uaap and still playing..really depends look at 25 year old cj perez yes same age as ray parks and kiefer still in ncaa
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    arvin tolentino is like 20 when he entered uaap and still playing..really depends look at 25 year old cj perez yes same age as ray parks and kiefer still in ncaa
    that’s the downside.. terrence romeo entered the league at the age of 21 and currently is 2 or a year older than perez. perez is pro ready since last year. what did he improved this year in ncaa? seems nothing. plays the same way..

at age 24 or 25 you should be at least 3 year vet in PBA not a 24 y/o rookie or a 24 y/o still playing in College.

james yap entered at age of 22 and forego the 5th year of eligibility. now yap finished his 14th season in the pba.. at 36 you should be at least 14 or 13 year vet not 10 or 11..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    that’s the downside.. terrence romeo entered the league at the age of 21 and currently is 2 or a year older than perez. perez is pro ready since last year. what did he improved this year in ncaa? seems nothing. plays the same way..

at age 24 or 25 you should be at least 3 year vet in PBA not a 24 y/o rookie or a 24 y/o still playing in College.

james yap entered at age of 22 and forego the 5th year of eligibility. now yap finished his 14th season in the pba.. at 36 you should be at least 14 or 13 year vet not 10 or 11..
    this is very true. i think its because of "utang na loob" he had with topex and to give him the championship. he could've been a millionaiare already and helped his family.

Laki siguro ng investment nila sa mga UAAP stars lately kaya need pang gatasan.
    These "UAAP stars" can continue their study while in PRO league.
    I really dont understand they need to extend/pro long their stint in college hoops.
    Ang PRIDE parang panty, pag hindi binaba walang mangyayari...

I get your point but Cj perez improved from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I get your point but Cj perez improved from last year
    true. i think he already hit his ceiling at NCAA. he needs better competition to really improve further. i wish he had joined in the PBA draft tho.

Get your point bro. I really think that CJ Perez had "overstayed" in collegiate basketball by about 2 years. I think he has outgrown the level of competition in the NCAA. He should have climbed to another level as early as a year or two ago and that is the PBA. CJ Perez' body is itching for tougher competition.

You said, "what did he improved this year in ncaa? seems nothing. plays the same way.."

That's the hazard of outgrowing the level of competition. The player has the tendency to stagnate.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    this is very true. i think its because of "utang na loob" he had with topex and to give him the championship. he could've been a millionaiare already and helped his family.
    I doubt it's utang na loob that kept him in college. CJ is just following his boss's orders. Anyway he's definitely pro ready now. There's no collegiate player that can contain him one on one. I wonder though what's his best position?

Lol, in the US, the issue is about the one-and-done. Dito, five-and-not-yet-done sa college.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i think if NU doesn't make it to F4 next season then monteverde will surely replace him. indeed NU is loaded with talent. their wing is so damn good with ildefonso and clemente. im just baffled with what happened to matt aquino.
    They have all the talent, but the coach is confused. He better coach pasarelle teams lol

If i remember right, aris franco when drafted by shell 30 yrs ago, he was called the oldest rookie at 25 yrs old. Now it seems 25 yrs old out of college is normal. Did philippine basketball regress?

Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Lol, in the US, the issue is about the one-and-done. Dito, five-and-not-yet-done sa college.
    It is true that PH players play too long in college. However, using older players are prevalent everywhere.

On the Duke vs Kentucky game a few days ago, Kentucky's go-to-guy Travis is 23 yrs old. He already has a degree from Stanford and is doing graduate studies in Kentucky to be able to play. At the middle school and HS level, reclassifying (repeating grades sometimes even twice) is a very common tactic, which most NBA players also did. Most of the one-and-done college players repeated a grade in either middle school or HS.

My take on this one.

College players maximize their eligibility because given the limited number of open slots in the PBA every year( just 12 teams) competition is tough. Being a star player in college does not guarantee you will be the same in the pros. Some just end up on the bench, dont get enough playing time then eventually end up with no team in 2 to 3 years. They are also competing with Fil foreign players too. Sometimes it's just about having the perfect time to enter the draft and go.to the right team. It's still a gamble.

It could also be that these players simply love playing in the college leagues because of the atmosphere which is really more exciting than the PBA.

Remember in the late 1990s, with the birth of the MBA, many UAAP and NCAA players with still 2 or 3 years of eligibility joined the league. Maybe if the PBA expands and adds more teams, we would see more of these players enter the draft after 4 years of playing in college.

Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast