This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian league

Last edited by soliman; 09-21-2009, 11:28 PM.

Nice to have a thread about Egyptian basketball. Welcome to the forum soliman
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
      Nice to have a thread about Egyptian basketball. Welcome to the forum soliman
      its my pleasure

Comment

-chris garnett (211) c import

How is this guy doing. I remember him from his stint with CSKA Sofia.
        47-70
        76-58

Comment

The number of Egyptians in every team's roster is quite impressive, the ones having foreign players have just one. Is that the limit for imports in Egypt?
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo
            -chris garnett (211) c import

How is this guy doing. I remember him from his stint with CSKA Sofia.
            not well
            i think he is going to get better in the future

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
              The number of Egyptians in every team's roster is quite impressive, the ones having foreign players have just one. Is that the limit for imports in Egypt?
              yes , one import for each team for the first time in 4 years
              a lot of teams didnt recruit imports at all !!
              Last edited by rikhardur; 12-29-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

First welcome "Soliman" here.
                Second the egyptian basketball getting worst year after year,even for the egyptian clubs which they didn't perform well in the last Arabic tournaments in general,with my know that Egypt have many talent players like " Tarek El ghanam","Ismael Ahmad","Karim Chamssiyeh",the 2 brothers i forgot their names.
                Maybe the step in cancelling the presence of the imports made an effect on the Egyptian league performance.
                But i cant forgot the games btw Sagesse vs Ittihad Alex, which a one had finished by 1 pt in the last seconds for Sagesse in Arabic cup 99.
                Furthermore,the famous game btw Egypt vs Lebanon at "King Abdullah tournament 2003".
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                  First welcome "Soliman" here.
                  Second the egyptian basketball getting worst year after year,even for the egyptian clubs which they didn't perform well in the last Arabic tournaments in general,with my know that Egypt have many talent players like " Tarek El ghanam","Ismael Ahmad","Karim Chamssiyeh",the 2 brothers i forgot their names.
                  Maybe the step in cancelling the presence of the imports made an effect on the Egyptian league performance.
                  But i cant forgot the games btw Sagesse vs Ittihad Alex, which a one had finished by 1 pt in the last seconds for Sagesse in Arabic cup 99.
                  Furthermore,the famous game btw Egypt vs Lebanon at "King Abdullah tournament 2003".
                  i cant agree more except describing shamsia as a talanted player !!!

the egyptian basketball facing a dark period ,but youthing our first team ,recruiting imports again ,working on the base all of this tells us that we are on the wright way

any way in the last arab tournmants we played without our best players like samir gouda ,ahmed mounir , ismail(in the second one) ,tarek injured most of time e.t.c

but in my openion with full power we are the strongest arabian team till now and how i can forget the match in the semi final in 99 againist alhekma but u have to admit it we were better than alhekma
                  Last edited by soliman; 12-30-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

the two brothers are sherif and ramy guenidi from elgeziera sc
                    Last edited by soliman; 12-29-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

first round

smouha - sharkia 94-76
                      sporting - shams 93-73
                      zamalek - geish 80-67
                      ahly - damanhor 97-61
                      ittihad - gasco 89-77
                      geziera - shorta 88-79 (over time 70-70)
                      Last edited by rikhardur; 12-31-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

egypt has a atleast one 7 footer on each team ...their NT should really send their best team to the african championships they can easily qualify to the WBC and olympics and compete on the world stage ....

Comment

Originally posted by karim
                          egypt has a atleast one 7 footer on each team ...their NT should really send their best team to the african championships they can easily qualify to the WBC and olympics and compete on the world stage ....
                          most of the 7 footers are too young or too old like gouda and elwakil (35 ans)
                          our international centers and power forwardes in the last african cup of nations were ( tarek 212cm- ashraf rabee 207-mohamed said 202-shamsia 197 !!! - diasty 196 !!!)

Comment

Originally posted by karim

Sorry but Egypt use to send their best teams to the african champioships...if they don´t win is only because the others are stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by zlim
                              Sorry but Egypt use to send their best teams to the african champioships...if they don´t win is only because the others are stronger.
                              True....Egypt send their best players like " Ibrahim El gamal"," El Guneidi","Tarek el ghanam","Shamsia","Wael badr"...just Ismael Ahmad was out and they didn't perform well.
                              For Soliman,do you think "Guda" is a good player ? I watched him from 3 years,a normal player with my respect.
                              The African Championship wasn't that stronger,the organization was too bad,the performance of Senegal and Nigerian NTs werent good,and that's effect on the Championship in general,only Angola was a strong team.The others were normal.
                              Maybe the good points in "Africa",that the players are athletics.
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information