This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    I don't want to talk much about the AG, this brings bad memories , no doubt they lost to the better team (unlike 2010 and 2014) but as you said the game was in their hands until the stupid coach fell too relaxed and decided to bench all 5 starters for couple of minutes and China cut Iran's 16 pts lead to just 4 ! and since then China shot the lights out. our coach just gifted them the momentum.

AG was very important for some of these players, that was the only way for some of them (specially younger players) to avoid military service. (there is the same rule in Iran as Korea about military service) and for players like Samad and Haddadi that was their last chance to win the only title they never won. I know they wanted this badly. and btw this is most probably the last time we see Shahintab as the coach.
    Too bad no one from Iran basketball players got excempted from military service..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• This is already the second round, and Australia won by 52 on the road over Qatar, New Zealand won by 41 on the road over Syria. Isn't Australia sending a "C" team now? Come on Asia!
      Last edited by sinobball; 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM.
      aim low, score high

Comment

• SNB didn't kiss anybody for goodbye or anything like that ! he is not retired at least for now. still he is not going to Japan with the team. also Haddadi needs 3 weeks rest. he most probably won't go to Japan either (even if he goes he will be just a tourist and won't play)

today all big guys Arghavan, Mirzaei, Hassanzadeh fouled out ! and Hamed came to play one minute (even though it wasn't necessary with 10pts lead)

coach Shahintab was pissed off after the Game, he wanted to use this guy Geramipour but he can't enter Iran apparently for some stupid reasons , actually if he enters he can't leave Iran because of military service issue. they are working on a solution for him (now he is 26 and that can be solved by paying a bit) but until that, they still hope to have him in Japan.

I think the only good thing about today was the win, otherwise half-empty stadium, poor play, etc.

Comment

• Congratulations to Lebanon. Both teams played hard, but Lebanon went after rebounds a little harder.

This is the end of China Blue. Now Li Nan is assured the 2019 NT head coach.
          aim low, score high

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
            Congratulations to Lebanon. Both teams played hard, but Lebanon went after rebounds a little harder.

This is the end of China Blue. Now Li Nan is assured the 2019 NT head coach.
            It looks like China havent found its identity yet. Lebanon deserved to win while missing 4 key players due to injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by lebanese NT View Post
              It looks like China havent found its identity yet. Lebanon deserved to win while missing 4 key players due to injuries.
              Who are they? I know Arakji is one of them.

Also, is this Lebanon's first ever win against China? I can't remember.
              Last edited by sinobball; 09-14-2018, 12:10 AM.
              aim low, score high

Comment

SNB didn't kiss anybody for goodbye or anything like that ! he is not retired at least for now. still he is not going to Japan with the team. also Haddadi needs 3 weeks rest. he most probably won't go to Japan either (even if he goes he will be just a tourist and won't play)

today all big guys Arghavan, Mirzaei, Hassanzadeh fouled out ! and Hamed came to play one minute (even though it wasn't necessary with 10pts lead)

coach Shahintab was pissed off after the Game, he wanted to use this guy Geramipour but he can't enter Iran apparently for some stupid reasons , actually if he enters he can't leave Iran because of military service issue. they are working on a solution for him (now he is 26 and that can be solved by paying a bit) but until that, they still hope to have him in Japan.

I think the only good thing about today was the win, otherwise half-empty stadium, poor play, etc.
                but we can’t capitalized your team’s mistakes. our team has chemistry issues since it was assembled 10 days before this game. only half of those players from asian games were picked up for iran’s match. i say we missed castro, romeo and fajardo badly. philippine hands were also tied since fiba is closely looking at the team. that basketbrawl really affects philippine campaign in the world cup.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                  Who are they? I know Arakji is one of them.

Also, is this Lebanon's first ever win against China? I can't remember.
                  We were missing 4 players : wael arakji , jean abedelnour and ali mezher due to injury and Bassel Bawji due to sickness.
                  This is the 2nd time Lebanon win over china. The 1st time was over China B team but cant remember the year

Comment

• mohsena you nean aaron geramipoor?

will he be classified as a normal player for fiba.. i think iran can talk to our nsa so that we can have joint appeal..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                      mohsena you nean aaron geramipoor?

will he be classified as a normal player for fiba.. i think iran can talk to our nsa so that we can have joint appeal..
                      Yes him

even if he was not a normal player , that's no problem since Iran has no naturalized player

but I think I didn't explain it well, our coach was pissed off about the rules in Iran, not FIBA. Geramipour played half a season in Iranian league and he was good enough to draw attention. but he had to leave quickly to not get trapped in Iran. like any other Iranian individual he has to serve two years in military service ! rules in Iran are not that strict about those who born and raised outside of Iran. they have to wait till they became 26 then they can pay for their military service. Geramipour is 26 now and our coach was expecting a quick solution for him but he was angry because in other sports (specially football) they solve such problems in a day while in basketball nobody cares. Geramipour still can play for them when they play outside of Iran but since he didn't train with the team at all that's apparently not going to happen.

I have to explain this, in Iran when you get 18 you have to serve 2 years in military. that's mandatory for boys. unless you are a student. and when you get that age until you solve it (by serving that 2 years) you need special permission every time you leave the country. even though professional athletes usually don't go to real military bases. for example years ago we had a military-based team "Sanam" (which was also rich and could pay them well) something like Sangmu in Korea and players like Samad served their military service by playing for that club. right now as far as I know there is no team in the superleague with military connection. so they either have to play in lower divisions or just postpone that. the only way to postpone that is making yourself a student. even though they probably don't even attend a class ! that's probably what younger players like Yakhchali and Mashayekhi do. but you can't do that forever. so if Geramipour enters Iran there is no special permission for him this time and he has to stay ! what our coach wants is special permission for him (or just let him pay for that which is within rules but needs lots of paperwork and takes time)

btw Iran NT left for Japan without Haddadi and of course without Samad NB (who left for USA). with only 11 players . only Yousefvand joined the team. since this is off season and players probably don't train much during their summer. there is no other player available to replace these guys ! and obviously they didn't care much about WC qualifiers to keep other players ready in case, Asian Games was their only goal this year. to be honest I think Japan will be huge favorite this time.

Comment

Yes him

even if he was not a normal player , that's no problem since Iran has no naturalized player

but I think I didn't explain it well, our coach was pissed off about the rules in Iran, not FIBA. Geramipour played half a season in Iranian league and he was good enough to draw attention. but he had to leave quickly to not get trapped in Iran. like any other Iranian individual he has to serve two years in military service ! rules in Iran are not that strict about those who born and raised outside of Iran. they have to wait till they became 26 then they can pay for their military service. Geramipour is 26 now and our coach was expecting a quick solution for him but he was angry because in other sports (specially football) they solve such problems in a day while in basketball nobody cares. Geramipour still can play for them when they play outside of Iran but since he didn't train with the team at all that's apparently not going to happen.

I have to explain this, in Iran when you get 18 you have to serve 2 years in military. that's mandatory for boys. unless you are a student. and when you get that age until you solve it (by serving that 2 years) you need special permission every time you leave the country. even though professional athletes usually don't go to real military bases. for example years ago we had a military-based team "Sanam" (which was also rich and could pay them well) something like Sangmu in Korea and players like Samad served their military service by playing for that club. right now as far as I know there is no team in the superleague with military connection. so they either have to play in lower divisions or just postpone that. the only way to postpone that is making yourself a student. even though they probably don't even attend a class ! that's probably what younger players like Yakhchali and Mashayekhi do. but you can't do that forever. so if Geramipour enters Iran there is no special permission for him this time and he has to stay ! what our coach wants is special permission for him (or just let him pay for that which is within rules but needs lots of paperwork and takes time)

btw Iran NT left for Japan without Haddadi and of course without Samad NB (who left for USA). with only 11 players . only Yousefvand joined the team. since this is off season and players probably don't train much during their summer. there is no other player available to replace these guys ! and obviously they didn't care much about WC qualifiers to keep other players ready in case, Asian Games was their only goal this year. to be honest I think Japan will be huge favorite this time.
                        I gotta hand it to you guys though. No Haddadi, no problem. You guys played better as a team than we did. Sure, you had plenty of hiccups during the game which we could have capitalized and steal the game but you pulled through. It's going to be a tough match against Japan without Haddadi and Nikkhah Bahrami but I trust your system will keep you within the winning column.

Guys to watch out for: Hiejima, Hachimura, and Watanabe.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Unfortunate that Japan probably won't have Hachimura or Watanabe for the last two windows.
                          Originally posted by Fedfan
                          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                          Originally posted by GuTO
                          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                            Unfortunate that Japan probably won't have Hachimura or Watanabe for the last two windows.
                            Yes they were quite the different team, 4 straight wins including wins over Australia and Iran. I still give them an outside shot to make it.

3 games against Kazakstan and Qatar, while Jordan's got 2 against New Zealand and South Korea on the road.
                            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                              Yes they were quite the different team, 4 straight wins including wins over Australia and Iran. I still give them an outside shot to make it.

3 games against Kazakstan and Qatar, while Jordan's got 2 against New Zealand and South Korea on the road.
                              "If China makes it to the top 4 teams in either group, then both fourth-placed teams will qualify for the FIBA Basketball World Cup."

Which means as long as China wins most of their remaining games, Japan will make it if they don't do terribly vs. Kazakhstan. In other words, it won't have anything to do with Jordan. (Jordan isn't done but no way they'll finish ahead of China because China will play 2 games vs. Syria.)

It is unfair, because Group E is overall better than Group F. The two teams that qualified with Iran, Qatar and Kazakhstan, lost to Australia "C" by 52 and 53 points respectively.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

• Having equal numbers from East (including Pacific) and West Asia in the second round is also unfair. In this window, East Asia/Pacific went 10-2 against West/Central Asia. The only 2 eastern teams that lost were China Blue and Philippines Post-Brawl team, both closer to "B" than "A" strengthwise. No doubt Chinese Taipei can beat both Qatar and Syria (and in fact they did exactly that in the Asian Games without an import.)
                                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information