X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers - ASIA-PACIFIC

Games begin on November 23.
    The official website of FIBA, the International Basketball Federation, and the governing body of Basketball. FIBA organises the most famous and prestigious international basketball competitions including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA World Championship for Women and the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. The website features live and on demand videos, basketball news, over 70,00 players profile and thousands of teams profiles, schedules and statistics of all FIBA Events as well as results and statistics from over 80 national basketball leagues.
    aim low, score high

Iranian officials just confirmed that Tehran will host all home games here. which is a bit disappointing because in Tehran this is always possible to play in semi-empty stadiums !

I noticed our first game will be Iraq away. I wonder where Iraq will host the game ? inside Iraq ?

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
      Iranian officials just confirmed that Tehran will host all home games here. which is a bit disappointing because in Tehran this is always possible to play in semi-empty stadiums !

I noticed our first game will be Iraq away. I wonder where Iraq will host the game ? inside Iraq ?
      I've heard that the Iraqi federation are working to play at home but they must take into consideration a lot of things.
      Plenty of members from Fiba Asia and Hagop went to Iraq few months ago but I don't know if the Iraqi federation worked on this issue.

Comment

2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers - ASIA-PACIFIC

16 countries participating the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup will compete in the FIBA Basketball World Cup Asian qualifiers. 8 teams will qualify for the main event.

China, the host of the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup, will also participate in the qualifiers despite being automatically qualified for the FIBA Basketball World Cup as hosts.

Groups:

A: China (qualified as host), New Zealand, South Korea, Hong Kong
        B: Japan, Chinese Taipei, Australia, Philippines
        C: Syria, Lebanon, India, Jordan
        D: Iraq, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Iran

Link to IBN's Philipinnes section of the qualifiers
        Link to IBN's China section of the qualifiers
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
          I've heard that the Iraqi federation are working to play at home but they must take into consideration a lot of things.
          Plenty of members from Fiba Asia and Hagop went to Iraq few months ago but I don't know if the Iraqi federation worked on this issue.
          Looks like Iraq will play in Jordan and Syria will play in Lebanon.
          aim low, score high

Comment

The Tall Blacks lineup that will be hosting Korea in Wellington is simply a lot stronger than the one in the FIBA Asia Cup. Good for the Kiwis in mustering that kind of roster for the qualifiers.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Former teammates in KGC: Oh Se-Keun, Park Chan-Hee, Lee Jung-Hyun and Yang Hee-Jong starting for Korea with Kim Jong-Kyu.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

HT: KOR leads NZL 41-39. That 3-2 zone allows Korea to even up the rebounding department over a physically stronger Kiwi side. While Tall Blacks are getting the lift from the Webster brothers but a number of sloppy sequence allowed Korea some quick hitters.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

End of 3Q: KOR leads NZL 60-59. Kiwis ramping up the back-court pressure as they erased Korea's previous 9pt lead.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

KOR up 80-75 vs NZL with 1:01 remaining.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

What an upset by Korea, 86-80. Gritty plays for both teams in the closing minutes. Jeon Jun-Beom's shooting lifted Korea.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

First day, first upset, though then again Korea beat them in the Asia Cup too.
                        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Aussies just cruising past Taiwan. Mitch Creek had a poster dunk.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

well, I was expecting a tough games vs Iraq but still this was beyond imagination. the worst game I ever seen from TM without any doubt . they got humiliated by Iraq ! and it's not like Iraq had a dream game (yeah they played great only in the 4th quarter)

I don't know who to blame, Haddadi, Mashoun, Hatami, Aslani ? the coaching was disastrous , the player selection , they went to Jordan with Riaei and Arghavan as center !! yeah they missed Haddadi and Yakhchali and the new guy Geramipour but they still had the core team !

and I wonder why the hell Haddadi came all the way from to China to play only one game ?! we knew home game vs Qatar is much easier than Iraq away. he was just lazy to travel to Jordan with the team. I'm not sure if we even can qualify for the world cup with this coach and some of these players. some players are only good for the club level, playing for the NT is something else.

last but not least, Mahmoud Mashhoun resigned as IRIBF president today, after 14 years. (he had to leave his position because of his age and per some new rules in Iran) but he did that today, right before the game and I'm quite sure that was very important for the players and the coach. I consider this as betrayal, he knew he has to leave but he did that today to hurt the team.

Comment

Sun Minghui who averages 2.9ppg in CBA is straight up destroying South Korean guards. 19 points in 15 min in 1st half. Dude is gunning for that 2019 NT spot.

Problem is this Chinese team has virtually no inside presence especially on defense
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information