Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duverioglu played with 15 pts 9 reb, 5/6 FT.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
      australia has kevin lisch as its naturalized player. usa used to have hakeem (nigerian by birth) and patrick ewing (jamaican by birth) as naturalized players. canada has samuel dalembert (haitian by birth) while i don't agree on the enlistment of blatche in 2014, i think it should be enough that was 5 years ago. it is what it is right now. if someone will complain, they should done it in 2014 but no one did because they also do it.

but mind you, i always prefer an unheralded naturalized player that played on my league (pba) like marcus douthit. many of our imports also wants to be a naturalized filipino citizen but our congress are not just giving our citizenship that easy (blatche's case was an exemption). have you ever heard if we naturalized another player since blatche? none.
      I thought we were talking present day or at least the modern era. Hakeem and Dalembert are technically true, but neither situation has anything in common with Blatche. I forgot Dalembert even played for Canada he was so inconsequential (his attitude killed the team the one tournament he played) - but at least he did move to Canada as a child and grew up Montreal. And, quoting Kevin Lisch doesn't help your argument much. I had never heard of him, but looked him up and and it seems he played most of his career in Australia. He is also seemingly inconsequential.

Again - I don't think the Philippines is breaking any rules with buying Blatches services. More countries should do it to help level the field, as long as it is within the rules. I'd love to add a another NBA caliber wing to Canada's depth since Andrew Wiggins never plays. Our federation doesn't have the money to spend and it would probably cause more problems than help. But it is pretty clear the difference between the Philippines and Lebanon qualifying is only one having a Blatche-level ex-NBA player for hire. Despite my ongoing disgust regarding the brawl with Australia I'm happy the Philippines qualified - it one of my favorite nations to visit and I appreciate the love for basketball there. It is an important market to have in the WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
        I thought we were talking present day or at least the modern era. Hakeem and Dalembert are technically true, but neither situation has anything in common with Blatche. I forgot Dalembert even played for Canada he was so inconsequential (his attitude killed the team the one tournament he played) - but at least he did move to Canada as a child and grew up Montreal. And, quoting Kevin Lisch doesn't help your argument much. I had never heard of him, but looked him up and and it seems he played most of his career in Australia. He is also seemingly inconsequential.

Again - I don't think the Philippines is breaking any rules with buying Blatches services. More countries should do it to help level the field, as long as it is within the rules. I'd love to add a another NBA caliber wing to Canada's depth since Andrew Wiggins never plays. Our federation doesn't have the money to spend and it would probably cause more problems than help. But it is pretty clear the difference between the Philippines and Lebanon qualifying is only one having a Blatche-level ex-NBA player for hire. Despite my ongoing disgust regarding the brawl with Australia I'm happy the Philippines qualified - it one of my favorite nations to visit and I appreciate the love for basketball there. It is an important market to have in the WC.
        don't worry this world cup maybe the last time you'll see blatche wearing philippine jersey. we have an ivorian player who has been in the country for years, studied high school here and currently studying college. he is one of the candidates for the lone naturalized spot for the team come 2023. we are currently developing him as a good basketball player. i hope tab will develop him faster. i hope that would lessen the disgust people outside the philippines has against getting blatche.

the reason why scored that big in the game kazakhstan because pur coach's plan is to let him lose in the court since kazakhs are more organized than qataris. if you watch qatar-philippine game, although blatche also registered a triple-double there, it is our locals that made difference there. they are the ones that made our lead ballooned to 20 points.
        Last edited by ja.he; 02-25-2019, 09:20 PM.
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information