Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricardo Ratliffe is now a naturalized Korean: http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_...0000000&mobile
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Boomers announce a new 24 man player pool for February Asian Qualifiers:

Source: https://twitter.com/OlgunUluc/status/955625192667078657
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Boomers announce a new 24 man player pool for February Asian Qualifiers:

Source: https://twitter.com/OlgunUluc/status/955625192667078657
        Wow, this nbl boomers is really gaining experience - very valuable experience. Except to the 6 players (goulding, andersen, gibson, martin, newley and lisch), the rest of the pool has no real senior international basketball tournament experience until last year. I cannot imagine if their nba players were allowed to play at fiba asia cup and the qualifiers. They would destroy every opposition. Size, strength, and skills - that's australian basketball. No one can beat australia in asia, not iran, not china, not korea, not philippines, not even tall blacks. The only ones that can truly beat australia are teams from europe and maybe the quality teams from americas (usa, canada, and argentina).
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

To Ja.he

I wish that Nathan Jawai and Cameron Bairstow were also included, but both are injured, and you will see NBA players in the June window. I will say that Australia is obviously a level above Asian team atm even with an all-home based line up, and will continue to get better. With that said, I look at the developments in Japan, the Philippines, Iran and other countries in Asia and I can't see why these countries won't be competitive with Australia and other world level teams in the longer term. I really hope teams like the Philis and co can lift their game to improve your prospects, while also lifting Australia's prospects. I'm sure you want the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Roofman View Post
            To Ja.he

I wish that Nathan Jawai and Cameron Bairstow were also included, but both are injured, and you will see NBA players in the June window. I will say that Australia is obviously a level above Asian team atm even with an all-home based line up, and will continue to get better. With that said, I look at the developments in Japan, the Philippines, Iran and other countries in Asia and I can't see why these countries won't be competitive with Australia and other world level teams in the longer term. I really hope teams like the Philis and co can lift their game to improve your prospects, while also lifting Australia's prospects. I'm sure you want the same thing.
            We are inches away from surpassing iran. We beat china and consistently japan and taiwan but has difficulty against korea. So it's really a long way to go. My country's reluctance to welcome foreign coaches is not helping. Our domestic league is running the whole year having 3 short tournaments. We are also restricting our selection of foreign reinforcements for our league (6'9" or shorter in the 2nd conference, 6'5" or shorter in the last conference). We are also divided about foreign atheletes in college basketball. Not to mention the internal fights between two biggest conglomerates that own half of the teams in the league (6 of 12 teams). These are the things that holds back philippines from becoming fully competitive in international competitions.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

Korea names its 12 man lineup for 2nd window of the Asian Qualifiers:

Ricardo Ratliffe is included. Korea is missing Kim Sun-Hyung and Lee Seung-Hyun due to injuries. Kim Jong-Kyu was given medical clearance to play by his club, LG.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Korea names its 12 man lineup for 2nd window of the Asian Qualifiers:

Ricardo Ratliffe is included. Korea is missing Kim Sun-Hyung and Lee Seung-Hyun due to injuries. Kim Jong-Kyu was given medical clearance to play by his club, LG.
                Will ricardo ratliffe adopt a korean name? As far as i know, naturalized koreans are required to adopt korean names.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                  Will ricardo ratliffe adopt a korean name? As far as i know, naturalized koreans are required to adopt korean names.
                  "라건아" Lageon-A aka Laguna
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Sam Young is the new naturalized player for Lebanon in the second window of the Asian Qualifiers.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Sam Young is the new naturalized player for Lebanon in the second window of the Asian Qualifiers.
                      https://twitter.com/FLBB_OFFICIAL/st...49831929679876
                      That's their third np change. What's the matter with lebanon? It seems to me that middle east countries could grant citizenships to foreigners at will as against philippines and east asian countries. Hence, davis is still with taiwan, gilas sticks with blatche and they released after 5 years of playing and brown still with japan.

Middle east teams deserve more bashing than us east asians. Their np's do really look like mercenaries.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                        That's their third np change. What's the matter with lebanon? It seems to me that middle east countries could grant citizenships to foreigners at will as against philippines and east asian countries. Hence, davis is still with taiwan, gilas sticks with blatche and they released after 5 years of playing and brown still with japan.

Middle east teams deserve more bashing than us east asians. Their np's do really look like mercenaries.
                        Blatche doesn't look like a mercenary? How long did he stay in the Philippines before he became a citizen?

BTW I hate Blatche with a passion, and it has nothing to do with the Philippines. This guy should be in the NBA still except he has no professionalism whatsoever. This season he became the first CBA player to be put on maternity leave for getting pregnant in mid-season, it's truly mind-boggling. Good luck sticking with him.
                        Last edited by sinobball; 02-02-2018, 04:06 AM.
                        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                          Blatche doesn't look like a mercenary? How long did he stay in the Philippines before he became a citizen?

BTW I hate Blatche with a passion, and it has nothing to do with the Philippines. This guy should be in the NBA still except he has no professionalism whatsoever. This season he became the first CBA player to be put on maternity leave for getting pregnant in mid-season, it's truly mind-boggling. Good luck sticking with him.
                          But we don't give the citizenship that easy. Even our congress is reluctant granting citizenship to foreigner that fast. If you ask me, i really don't like blatche naturalization since he never set foot here prior to his naturalization unlike douthit who spent much time staying here. The reason why we stick with blatche is that, as i said earlier, our congress is too reluctant on granting citizenship with foreigners. So if our federation decides to look for another reinforcement, they will likely require that player to reside and play in pba just like ratcliffe in korea. The congress requires the federation to think reasonably in naturalizing foreigner. If you know philippine citizenship laws as well as politics work, you will understand what i am talking about.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

Chinese Taipei names 24 man player pool:

Chang Po-Sheng
                            Chang Tsung-Hsien
                            Chen Kuan-Chuan
                            Chen Ying-Chun
                            Chiang Yu-An
                            Chou Po-Chen
                            Chou Po-Hsun
                            Chou Yi-Hsiang
                            Quincy Davis
                            Hu Long-Mao
                            Huang Tsung-Han
                            Hung Chih-Shan
                            Kuo Shao-Chieh
                            Lee Kai-Yan
                            Lee Te-Wei
                            Lin Chih-Wei
                            Liu Cheng
                            Lu Cheng-Ju
                            Johan Morrison
                            Su I-Chieh
                            Tsai Wen-Cheng
                            Tseng Wen-Ting
                            Yang Chin-Min
                            Yu Huan-Ya
                            Last edited by CKR13; 02-06-2018, 01:07 AM.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Japan narrows down its pool to 14 players:

Ira Brown
                              Atsuya Ota
                              Joji Takeuchi
                              Takatoshi Furukawa
                              Ryoma Hashimoto
                              Ryusei Shinoyama
                              Naoto Tsuji
                              Makoto Hiejima