Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBL All-Star Game Voting

http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5...ZvdGluZy52b3Rl

Here you can vote for All-Star game contestants.
    Place of the event: Saku Arena, Paldiski mnt. 104B, Tallinn
    Date and time of the event: February 2, 2008, 14.00

I pick

Baltic Stars

Lukauskis
    Gustas (!)
    Petravicius
    Kalnietis
    Maciulis

Foreign Stars

Eidson
    Price
    Stimac
    Brown
    Collins

My picks:

Baltic stars
    Petravicius
    Kangur
    Talts
    Arbet
    Skele

Foreign stars
    Reed
    Nielsen
    Alexander
    Collins
    Price
    Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Baltic stars

Marijonas Petravicius
      Paulius Jankunas
      Jonas Maciulis
      Sandis Valters
      Mantas Kalnietis

Foreign stars

Travis Reed
      Charles Eidson
      Antonio Grant
      Marcus Brown
      Hollis Price

Sometimes its stupid to pick players mostly from two teams, so ill tried to pick some players who could match players from Rytas or Zalgiris, but theres not too many of them..
      Kicking around on a piece of ground

Comment

I always vote for players which are my favourite and which I want to see in all star game my favourite of course are Lithuanians Jomantas, Maciulis, Lukauskis, Jankunas. Also I think Stimac deserved to be in starting five.
        Without Tanoka All Star game will be better. Tanoka always played as it was FINAL4 and made game not so interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Test
          I always vote for players which are my favourite and which I want to see in all star game my favourite of course are Lithuanians Jomantas, Maciulis, Lukauskis, Jankunas. Also I think Stimac deserved to be in starting five.
          Without Tanoka All Star game will be better. Tanoka always played as it was FINAL4 and made game not so interesting.
          It was worse, he always wanted to score 2 pts simply after asist and then he felt like after 360 dunk

Comment

From the voting right now it looks like that out of 10 starters 8 will be Zalgiris players lol.Hey,im a Zalgiris fan but seein just Z's players would be dissapointing,i voted for some other players like Eidson,Jomantas,Price,Stimac(he HAS to be in the All Star game),Antonio Grant..
            ZALIAI BALTAS

Comment

Does anyone know whos going to be coaches?
              Live long Baltic States!

Comment

i think it will be Grigas and Trifunovic but i would like to see butautas instead of grigas

Comment

Originally posted by Afraid
                  i think it will be Grigas and Trifunovic but i would like to see butautas instead of grigas
                  Agree! Butautas vs Trifunovic are my favourite too

Comment

This voting is bull****, because the Žalgiris fans just vote for their own players and 8 out of 10 starters are from Žalgiris... Shows the level of Žalgiris supporters.

I am a fan of Rytas, but I still voted for 4 Žalgiris players and they don't vote for anyone else than themselves.

Comment

I agree with you it is sad to see how powerful can be stupid fuc*in' children if they have internet. Who could even vote for Jurak or Zukauskas in to AllStar game? Michael Bradley is the leading Foreign Center.... I guarantee after this game there will be many articles in the press.

Comment

Originally posted by TchatoLT
                        This voting is bull****, because the Žalgiris fans just vote for their own players and 8 out of 10 starters are from Žalgiris... Shows the level of Žalgiris supporters.

I am a fan of Rytas, but I still voted for 4 Žalgiris players and they don't vote for anyone else than themselves.
                        What a stupid statement you have made here. man... all the way...

Firstly, you have no proof that the majority of Zalgiris fans vote for their players only. What are your arguments of defining the level of Zalgiris supporters in gereral then, huh?..

Secondly, it's funny that you state yourself as a representative of all Rytas fans and the way they behave. How can you be so sure that other Rytas supporters don't vote for their players only, "showing their own level"?.. Nooo?... come on! think.

Now you have to take into consideration that it's an ALL-Baltic voting, and you can't denie Zalgiris players are voted there too.
                        Another fact is that at the moment Zalgiris is the absolute leader of BBL, so it would be quite reasonable if it had the biggest number of players in the game. Now Jurak probably doesn't really deserve the spot (and he hasn't got that much of an advantage), while Bradley and Zukauskas are more questionable though. Nevertheless, Zukauskas is the main center of Zalgiris, you can't judge him by his stats, and definitely he's is a waaay more attractive personality for an all-star game than Petravicius is.

And last but not least, there are simply way more Zalgiris fans than the ones of Rytas and naturally they tend to prefer their own players.

the voting has just begun and things will obviously sort out in time, but you just won't miss a chance to talk your nonsense, will you?..

p.s. of course me personally, I'll limit my self to 4 Zalgiris players and 2 or 3 from Rytas, the other spots going for Kangur, Grant, Stimac...
                        Last edited by C-ka; 12-16-2007, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Ok that's how my vote goes...

Baltic stars

Marijonas Petravicius (though hesitated, as the passes and blocks of Eurelijus are a sight to watch, anyway you have to make the game more colorful, and Petravicius deserves the spot too)
                          Kristjan Kangur (again, solidarity, voting over a LT NT player, also Jomantas would be a possible candidate, but I personally deslike him and especially I don't thing he's a fit for All-Star games overall)
                          Jonas Maciulis (that's a certain one)
                          Sandis Valters (nice player, greetings to Latvia anyway besides Skele and Gustas there's no one to vote for, and interesting fact is that there's no even one Rytas player among the Baltic guards, I wonder what the situation would be if Gecevicius was there to vote for..)
                          Mantas Kalnietis (certain one too for the All-stars)

Foreign stars

Vladimir Stimac (dominant (and belongs to Zalgiris ))
                          Charles Eidson (yet nothing special, but obviously he and Nielsen have to be considered to the spots)
                          Antonio Grant (and I think he's actually well worth this spot over Nielsen and Goran)
                          Marcus Brown (of course)
                          DeJuan Collins (wow, what a wide choice we got here.. Collins and Popovic, who are prooven highest caliber guards in the Euroleague and Price, who's having a terrific season so far with Stelmahers injured. Hesitated long on this one, the choice was again in favor of the show, as we can really expect some kick-ass passes from Collins. Eventhough Popovic is also an impressive performer, having two crazy shooters in the guard line won't contribute much for the show IMHO)

finally, I'd like to add that I actually dislike All-star games by much and most probably won't watch this one as well.

Comment

Starters of the Baltic Stars team will be Mantas Kalnietis (guard, Zalgiris), Sandis Valters (guard, ASK Riga), Jonas Maciulis (forward, Zalgiris), Kristjan Kangur (forward, Kalev/Cramo) and Eurelijus Zukauskas (center, Zalgiris). However, the starters of the team Foreign Stars will be Marcus James Brown (guard, Zalgiris), George Tsintsadze (guard, Rock), Matthew Nielsen (forward, Lietuvos Rytas), Charles Eidson (forward, Lietuvos Rytas) and Travis Reed (center, Kalev/Cramo).

Other members of the Baltic Stars team will be Armands Skele (guard, Barons/LMT), Uvis Helmanis (forward, Ventspils), Marijonas Petravicius (center, Lietuvos Rytas), Mindaugas Lukauskis (forward, Lietuvos Rytas), Janar Talts (forward, Rock), Tanel Tein (guard, Rock), Valmo Kriisa (guard, Kalev/Cramo).

However, other members of the Foreign Stars team will be Marko Popovic (guard, Zalgiris), Hollis Price (guard, Lietuvos Rytas), Curtis Millage (guard, ASK Riga), Demetrius Darnell Alexander (forward, Barons/LMT), Vladimir Stimac (center, Valmiera), Akinlolu Akingbala (center, Ventspils), Brian Cusworth (center, Rock).

It has been decided that the head coaches of All-Star teams will be the head coaches of the two leading teams, namely Lietuvos Rytas and Zalgiris. Therefore, head coach of the Baltic Stars team will be Rimantas Grigas (Zalgiris). Rimantas Grigas in cooperation with the league’s administration has decided that assistant coach for Baltic Stars team will be Ainars Bagatskis (Valmiera). However, head coach of the Foreign Stars team will be Aleksandar Trifunovic (Lietuvos Rytas). Aleksandar Trifunovic in cooperation with the league’s administration has decided that assistant coach for Foreign Stars team will be Veselin Matic (Kalev/Cramo).

The 3rd SEB BBL All-Star game will be held on the 2nd of February in Tallinn Saku Arena.
                            Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information