Thread: Canada's Qualifying Odyssey for the 2019 World Cup!

Question Canada's Qualifying Odyssey for the 2019 World Cup!

So Canada's first game will be against the Bahamas on 24 November 2017. Has anybody heard anything about the anticipated composition of the Canadian team? I don't see a break in either the schedule of the National Basketball League of Canada or the Canadian University Sports Basketball schedule so it doesn't appear as if there will be any help available from those quarters.

Exclamation

The FIBA site currently lists only two players on the Canadian roster: Aaron Best and Adika Peter-McNeilly. Not that I know why these two fellows are listed as on the team, but that's all I can find.

Join us in the other forum.
    http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...=1#post1179073

Or join us on the RealGM Team Canada thread.
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...160&start=3440

So yesterday in Halifax it was:

Canada 93 Bahamas 69

Monday's game in the Dominican Republic should be a better test for the Canadian team.

So Canada is 7-1 but has not clinched a spot yet. Four games to play, including two against 7-1 Venezuela and one against 6-2 Brazil.

If Canada will be complete, medium result should be quarter-finals,optimum will be medal .Wiggins is leader,subsequenlty Joseph,Pangos,Lyles,Barret,Stauskas,Olynik,Thomspo n,also need to mention Bennet,Wiltjer,Powell,Ennis.With 2 or 3 absences also can achieve similar result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    If Canada will be complete, medium result should be quarter-finals,optimum will be medal .Wiggins is leader,subsequenlty Joseph,Pangos,Lyles,Barret,Stauskas,Olynik,Thomspo n,also need to mention Bennet,Wiltjer,Powell,Ennis.With 2 or 3 absences also can achieve similar result.
    Wiggins is definitely not the leader. He is a very overrated player, who has shown little interest of late in playing for Canada. I really doubt he plays in the WCs next summer (assuming we qualify) and we may well be better off without him chemistry wise. Same thing for Trey Lyles and Nik Stuaskas to lesser degrees.

The team leaders are clearly Kelly Olynyk and Cory Joseph and maybe also Tristan Thompson. Jamal Murray would likely be one of our best and most important players when he plays. And hopefully RJ Barrett soon becomes a top player as well.
    The next most important players would be Dillon Brooks, Dwight Powell, Melvin Ejim, Kevin Pangos, Shai Gilgeous Alexander and Khem Birch.

After that group we start getting to Tyler Ennis, Kyle Wiltjer, Anthony Bennett, Phil Scrubb and a number of others.

Lots of talent for sure, but who knows if it all gels together against top competition. We still have below average coaching, tactics, and uncertain commitment from our best players (all NBA players seem to be under heavy pressure from their NBA teams to not play FIBA).

I thought on quality ,that is better than else,I agree he dont leadership feauture .