This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Website/ Euroleague TV etc

Last edited by ArkadiosV2; 06-02-2010, 01:48 AM.

Originally posted by parso
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Originally posted by sseppel
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
    Gather all your complaints and gems here.

According to the latest Euroleague TV News Macijauskas is a SF, Olympiakos have lost only to CSKA in Euroleague.

The commentator also pronounces Macijauskas as 'Masioushkas'.
    That's nice! We have just been awarded with an extra victory. Why should we play at Siena then? We can use the same trick that gave us victory at Ljublijana!
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Everywhere in the world almost all commentators - especialy English ones - prononce Lithuanian names incorrect. It is too hard. How many years Sabas played in NBA? How many games did he played? Commentator never ever pronounced his name correct - can you imagine?
      Every website since Eurobasket2007 compared to the spanish one is good, so Euroleague.net is good too Unfortunatly there are no euroleague records section

Comment

Originally posted by Test
        How many years Sabas played in NBA? How many games did he played? Commentator never ever pronounced his name correct - can you imagine?
        Actually I never heard a commentator pronouncing Sabonis' name incorrectly, it's too short and easy for that to happen (even his first name).
        Last edited by rikhardur; 12-04-2007, 07:55 PM.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
          Actually I never heard a commentator pronouncing Sabonis' name incorrectly, it's too short and easy for that to happen (even his first name).
          I believe he spoke about pronansation - it's not Arvydas, but Arvydas, otherwise, I dunno wtf he talked about
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Two more gems I came across today. On the broadcast of Barca-Bamberg Okulaja was called "Okula-h-a" and Basile was pronounced "Bazil" according to the unwritten "Stalone-Stalown rule".
            The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
              From Euroleague official website:

http://www.euroleague.net/item/18973

...Danilo Gallinari hit a game-winning four-meter shit to make Armani Jeans edge Snaidero Udine 68-70.
              Hehe .. I remember this, I had written some comments about it somewhere else too ...

The whole euroleague site, especially fantasy league, is a joke - I 'm honestly surprised at how bad they run it ...

I mean, it doesn't make sense for such a big marketing effort to have the texts about weekly winners etc updated 3-4 days after the last match..

The whole thing reminds me more of an individual effort at a random website, rather than the EL official thing.

The list could go on forever, with traffic crashes, player links pointing to random webpages and so on, I cant remember specific examples, but I remember many times using their website and thinking 'my god, how can they do this!!'...

Comment

When I think that the euroleague site has hit the bottom, I discover there is even more depth in the abyss ..

I log in the fantasy challenge, today Monday morning (17/12), and it still has not updated its first page - weekly winners and overall winners are those of game week 7 (5-6/12).. Text is of course the same, almost two weeks old ...

I mean, it really looks like an amateur site, or that of a national 2nd, or 3rd division .. I really can't understand how they can be so lame. They make this fantasy challenge thing, it appears to go well, they brag on about 50000 teams, and then just forget the site completely..

Comment

I hate how slow it is FFS, i mean how hard is it to make a web page that runs normally, and what the hell is up with the video player, i have never in all my years seen such a retarded video screen, i have no idea how long the video is, which videos i can watch, they take for ever to load, etc.etc.
                  My homage to The heroes:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12
                    I hate how slow it is FFS, i mean how hard is it to make a web page that runs normally, and what the hell is up with the video player, i have never in all my years seen such a retarded video screen, i have no idea how long the video is, which videos i can watch, they take for ever to load, etc.etc.
                    I usually watch all free video highlights during weekend, and it works good enough for me, and full-screen also...
                    Try it

But I must say overall the site sucks... those highlights are the only summer update I appreciate
                    Last edited by re5pectas; 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM.
                    All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                    All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                    2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

it doesn't work for me, i click, talk with Marko Milič for example, and it won't load.
                      My homage to The heroes:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Here, at work, it also doesn't work for me.
                        But, I believe it's a problem of codecs and players installed on your PC. At home, I think, I have last (or one of the lasts) Windows media player and Divx codeck pack, not the newest version.

Try to solve the problem

Comment

First of all, as there is no Euroball in Finnish tv, I am very happy to have euroleague.tv. Then again, all those streams that Rikhardur & co keep finding might make it worthless pretty soon.

Apparently the commentators are not present at the gamesites but sit together somewhere in Euroleague offices. Sometimes you can easily hear other commentators in the background, shouting about some other Euroleague-game. So these guys are following the very same internet-streams than all paying customers? No wonder they make so many mistakes: the stream is quite ok for internet tv, but no way you can see properly all the events.

Shame for any commentator who goes online without first checking how to pronounce players' names. Best for me was a guy who wasn't sure how to pronounce Dragic and therefore had three different versions and kept using and mixing them throughout the game. He had to understand that at least 2 out of 3 times he wasn't hitting it right...

Comment

I almost got heart attack at the news that pao lost to brose baskets. thanks to EL website

Comment

Very small detail, but I was thinking more generally - are we sure stats given for matches are 100% correct? ... Not that it really matters, but I 'm sure some blocks, TOs, assists, or even rebs I dont know, some should be lost in translation...

Anyway, I was reading the report on Partizan-Roanne match, and the beginning of the last paragraph says:

'After Milt Palacio pushed Partizan with a three-point play and Tepic scored, the hosts had a 65-64 lead.'

However, if you check the boxscore, Palacio has 0/2 3s ... Maybe he talks about a goal-foul, a 2FG and 1 extra FT, but I understand a 3pt shot with the words 'with a three-point play' .. .

I dont know, as I said it 's just a tiny detail, I just mentioned it because I was curious ...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information