A different way of motivating players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different way of motivating players

A Swedish icehockey coach, fed up with his teams poor result, has decided that if his playes does not play up to his expectations in the next game he will use a new tool to motivate his players.

He will change the players shirtnumbers so it reflect their monthly salaries.

Just to give an idea of the salaries, I could tell you that alot ff fringe NHL players decide to come and play in Finland and Sweden as they make more money here than they would in the NHL (simliar to Spain/Geece/Russia in that many players nowadays decide to play in Europe as the salaries are better here than they are in the NBA).

Think it would increse players dedication?
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Originally posted by Billy
    A Swedish icehockey coach, fed up with his teams poor result, has decided that if his playes does not play up to his expectations in the next game he will use a new tool to motivate his players.

He will change the players shirtnumbers so it reflect their monthly salaries.

Just to give an idea of the salaries, I could tell you that alot ff fringe NHL players decide to come and play in Finland and Sweden as they make more money here than they would in the NHL (simliar to Spain/Geece/Russia in that many players nowadays decide to play in Europe as the salaries are better here than they are in the NBA).

Think it would increse players dedication?
    Maybe it will work 4 some players. But it will probably create anxiety and pressure 2 the rest. The same measurements don't work 2 all people.
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Originally posted by T.W.Is.M.
      Maybe it will work 4 some players. But it will probably create anxiety and pressure 2 the rest. The same measurements don't work 2 all people.
      Well, in the coaches opinion the problem is not with ability but with dedication and commitment. Think you would not go that extra mile knowing that people know how much you are making?
      Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
        Well, in the coaches opinion the problem is not with ability but with dedication and commitment. Think you would not go that extra mile knowing that people know how much you are making?
        it would make wonders with the Knicks
        Last edited by J-Mart; 11-25-2007, 09:09 PM. Reason: K nicks
        sigpic

Comment

Well pay me $50 000/ month and write 'Moron' at the back of my shirt, see if I care...

Martin O'Neal tried a different method in Celtic. Every day in training he made the worst player of the previous day in training wear a yellow shirt to disitnguish among the other players...

Originally posted by parso
          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
          Originally posted by sseppel
          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information